©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

MK-677 Oral HGH Secretagogue

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
MK-677, an orally active growth hormone secretagogue, reverses diet-induced catabolism.

AuthorsMurphy MG, et al. Show all Journal
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998 Feb;83(2):320-5.

Abstract

The reversal of diet-induced negative nitrogen balance by GH suggests a possible therapeutic role for GH treatment in catabolic patients. A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, two-period cross-over study was designed to investigate whether MK-677, an orally active nonpeptide mimic of GH-releasing peptide, can reverse diet-induced protein catabolism. Eight healthy volunteers (ages 24-39 yr) were calorically restricted (18 kcal/kg.day) for two 14-day periods. During the last 7 days of each diet period, subjects received either oral MK-677 25 mg or placebo once daily. There was a 14- to 21-day washout interval between periods. During the first week of caloric restriction (i.e. diet alone), daily nitrogen losses were similar for both treatment groups (mean +/- SE; MK-677 group -2.67 +/- 0.40 g/day vs. placebo group -2.83 +/- 0.26 g/day). During the second week (diet and study drug), mean daily nitrogen balance was 0.31 +/- 0.21 g/day in the MK-677 treatment group compared with -1.48 +/- 0.21 g/day in the placebo group (P < 0.01). MK-677 improved nitrogen balance integrated over the 7 days of treatment; area under the curve day 8-14 nitrogen balance response was +2.69 +/- 5.0 (SE) for MK-677 and -8.97 +/- 5.26 g.day for placebo (P < 0.001). MK-677 produced a peak GH response of 55.9 +/- 31.7 micrograms/L after single dose (day 1 of treatment) and 22.6 +/- 9.3 micrograms/L after a week of dosing compared with placebo treatment peak GH values of approximately 9 (treatment day 1) and approximately 7 micrograms/L (treatment day 7). Following the initial 7-day caloric restriction, insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) declined from 232 +/- 25 to 186 +/- 19 ng/mL in the MK-677 group and from 236 +/- 19 to 174 +/- 23 ng/mL in the placebo group. Mean IGF-I concentration increased significantly during MK-677 to 264 +/- 31 ng/mL (mean for the last 5 days of treatment) compared with 188 +/- 19 ng/mL with placebo (P < 0.01). No significant difference in IGF binding protein-2 was found between the MK-677 and placebo treatments. However, the mean in IGF binding protein-3 for the last 5 days of MK-677 treatment was also significantly increased to 3273 +/- 330 ng/mL (mean +/- SE) compared with placebo 2604 +/- 253 ng/mL (P < 0.01). Neither the serum cortisol nor the PRL response was significantly greater after 7 days of MK-677 dosing compared with 7 days of placebo. MK-677 (25 mg) was generally well tolerated and without clinically significant adverse experiences. In conclusion, MK-677 reverses diet-induced nitrogen wasting, suggesting that if these short-term anabolic effects are maintained in patients who are catabolic because of certain acute or chronic disease states, it may be useful in treating catabolic conditions.

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
MK-677 is a ghrelin memetic like GHRP6 so perfect for the bulk cycle I'm on. :)

Effects of an oral ghrelin mimetic on body composition and clinical outcomes in healthy older adults: a randomized trial.

AuthorsNass R, et al. Show all Journal
Ann Intern Med. 2008 Nov 4;149(9):601-11.

Affiliation
Comment in
Ann Intern Med. 2009 May 5;150(9):654-5; author reply 655.
Ann Intern Med. 2008 Nov 4;149(9):677-9.
Ann Intern Med. 2009 May 5;150(9):653-4; author reply 655.
Ann Intern Med. 2009 May 5;150(9):654; author reply 655.
Summary for patients in
Ann Intern Med. 2008 Nov 4;149(9):I-36.
Abstract
BACKGROUND: Growth hormone secretion and muscle mass decline from midpuberty throughout life, culminating in sarcopenia, frailty, decreased function, and loss of independence. The decline of growth hormone in the development of sarcopenia is one of many factors, and its etiologic role needs to be demonstrated.

OBJECTIVE: To determine whether MK-677, an oral ghrelin mimetic, increases growth hormone secretion into the young-adult range without serious adverse effects, prevents the decline of fat-free mass, and decreases abdominal visceral fat in healthy older adults.

DESIGN: 2-year, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, modified-crossover clinical trial.

SETTING: General clinical research center study performed at a university hospital.

PARTICIPANTS: 65 healthy adults (men, women receiving hormone replacement therapy, and women not receiving hormone replacement therapy) ranging from 60 to 81 years of age.

INTERVENTION: Oral administration of MK-677, 25 mg, or placebo once daily.

MEASUREMENTS: Growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor I levels. Fat-free mass and abdominal visceral fat were the primary end points after 1 year of treatment. Other end points were body weight, fat mass, insulin sensitivity, lipid and cortisol levels, bone mineral density, limb lean and fat mass, isokinetic strength, function, and quality of life. All end points were assessed at baseline and every 6 months.

RESULTS: Daily administration of MK-677 significantly increased growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor I levels to those of healthy young adults without serious adverse effects. Mean fat-free mass decreased in the placebo group but increased in the MK-677 group (change, -0.5 kg [95% CI, -1.1 to 0.2 kg] vs. 1.1 kg [CI, 0.7 to 1.5 kg], respectively; P < 0.001), as did body cell mass, as reflected by intracellular water (change, -1.0 kg [CI, -2.1 to 0.2 kg] vs. 0.8 kg [CI, -0.1 to 1.6 kg], respectively; P = 0.021). No significant differences were observed in abdominal visceral fat or total fat mass; however, the average increase in limb fat was greater in the MK-677 group than the placebo group (1.1 kg vs. 0.24 kg; P = 0.001). Body weight increased 0.8 kg (CI, -0.3 to 1.8 kg) in the placebo group and 2.7 kg (CI, 2.0 to 3.5 kg) in the MK-677 group (P = 0.003). Fasting blood glucose level increased an average of 0.3 mmol/L (5 mg/dL) in the MK-677 group (P = 0.015), and insulin sensitivity decreased. The most frequent side effects were an increase in appetite that subsided in a few months and transient, mild lower-extremity edema and muscle pain. Low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels decreased in the MK-677 group relative to baseline values (change, -0.14 mmol/L [CI, -0.27 to -0.01 mmol/L]; -5.4 mg/dL [CI, -10.4 to -0.4 mg/dL]; P = 0.026); no differences between groups were observed in total or high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels. Cortisol levels increased 47 nmol/L (CI, 28 to 71 nmol/L (1.7 microg/dL [CI, 1.0 to 2.6 microg/dL]) in MK-677 recipients (P = 0.020). Changes in bone mineral density consistent with increased bone remodeling occurred in MK-677 recipients. Increased fat-free mass did not result in changes in strength or function. Two-year exploratory analyses confirmed the 1-year results.

LIMITATION: Study power (duration and participant number) was insufficient to evaluate functional end points in healthy elderly persons.

CONCLUSION: Over 12 months, the ghrelin mimetic MK-677 enhanced pulsatile growth hormone secretion, significantly increased fat-free mass, and was generally well tolerated. Long-term functional and, ultimately, pharmacoeconomic, studies in elderly persons are indicated.

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
Prolonged oral treatment with MK-677, a novel growth hormone secretagogue, improves sleep quality in man.

AuthorsCopinschi G, et al. Show all Journal
Neuroendocrinology. 1997 Oct;66(4):278-86.

Affiliation
Abstract
Previous studies have indicated the existence of common mechanisms regulating sleep and somatotropic activity. In the present study, we investigated the effects of prolonged treatment with a novel, orally active, growth hormone secretagogue (MK-677) on sleep quality in healthy young and older adults. Eight young subjects (18-30 years) followed a double-blind, placebo-controlled, three-period crossover design. Each subject participated in three 7-day treatment periods (with bedtime drug administration), presented in random (Latin square) order, and separated by at least 14 days. Doses were 5 and 25 mg MK-677 and matching placebo. Six older subjects, ages 65-71 years, each participated in two 14-day treatment periods (with bedtime drug administration) separated by a 14-day washout. Doses were 2 and 25 mg MK-677 during the first and second periods, respectively. Baseline sleep and hormonal data were obtained on the 2 days preceding the beginning of the first 14-day treatment period. In young subjects, high-dose MK-677 treatment resulted in an approximately 50% increase in the duration of stage IV and in a more than 20% increase in REM sleep as compared to placebo (p < 0.05). The frequency of deviations from normal sleep decreased from 42% under placebo to 8% under high-dose MK-677 (p < 0.03). In older adults, treatment with MK-677 was associated with a nearly 50% increase in REM sleep (p < 0.05) and a decrease in REM latency (p < 0.02). The frequency of deviations from normal sleep also decreased (p < 0.02). The present findings suggest that MK-677 may simultaneously improve sleep quality and correct the relative hyposomatotropism of senescence.

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
Here is a post from russianstar at the end of his MK-677 log:

"I finished the cycle 4lbs up, feeling stronger, sleeping better, perfect skin, this is one of my favourite supps.. i will post up a full review shortly, but i will be running this now at 50mg ed next time, it felt like 4iu of gh easily.. was even getting numb fingers."

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
I look forward to seeing how you find it. Russian star seemed to love it. Didn't workinghard try it for a brief time? It sounds great and very convenient.

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
I have read that MK-677 causes a dozen HGH pulses over a 24 hour period. I think it would stack perfectly with one vial of cjcDAC per week dosed in a one time inject.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
I have read that MK-677 causes a dozen HGH pulses over a 24 hour period. I think it would stack perfectly with one vial of cjcDAC per week dosed in a one time inject.

The pulsing is interesting if that's the case. I'm currently studying this!

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
The pulsing is interesting if that's the case. I'm currently studying this!

Do you plan to try it matey? My list of things to try is forever growing so gonna wait on you and JJ for this one and see how you find it.

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
I started my MK-677 last evening at 25mg. This morning I awoke with my left hand totally numb, a definitely side of a high HGH release. My appetite was up upon waking. I ate a very big breakfast.

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
I took 37.5mg MK-677 this morning and I'm abnormally hungry!!! I can tell this sets off lots of mini HGH pulses throughout the day from the ghrelin release. It's like taking a mini dose of GHRP6 every couple hours. I'm freaking starving!!!

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Do you plan to try it matey? My list of things to try is forever growing so gonna wait on you and JJ for this one and see how you find it.

When I said I was studying this, I meant I was already using it..LOL! I've certainly had hunger from it. I don't think two weeks is long enough to really give a good account of how it's working. As I go along, I'll update.

I would think IGF lr3 and MK-677 would be an interesting combination.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
When I said I was studying this, I meant I was already using it..LOL! I've certainly had hunger from it. I don't think two weeks is long enough to really give a good account of how it's working. As I go along, I'll update.

I would think IGF lr3 and MK-677 would be an interesting combination.

What dose are you using?

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
I honestly had my doubts that an oral HGH Secretagogue could work but I was wrong.
I'm in awe of this product! Both of my hands were numb throughout the night at different times. We 're not talking a little tingly. I mean full on numb, dead to the world. I haven't experienced this since I was on a combination of ghrp2/cjc no dac plus 7ius of hgh.
I can see why people say MK-677 is their favorite GH Secretagogue. It's so easy and convenient to use. You just hold it under your tongue for 30 seconds then drink the rest. You only have to take it once a day, although I'm experimenting with twice a day. I just took 37.5mg. You don't have to refrigerate it and you don't need needles so you can take it with you anywhere.

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
The MK-677 trial run is going well. It's an nice break to not have to take injections. I like to rotate protocols a lot so the body doesn't catch on. This will be a regular part of my hgh peptide rotation, most definitely.

The past couple days I only took MK once a day. Today I'll bump it back up to twice as my hands got more from twice a day. I like the way I'm filling out. I sleep like a baby on MK which is not something I'm usually able to do.

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
I just took my morning dose of 37.5mg of MK-677. I think this is the perfect gh secretagogue to cycle in between ghrp/GHRH cycles. My guess is when I go back to ghrp2 and cjc no dac that they will work like new just as MK-677 is. The cycling of these combinations will give better results than staying on the same gh peptides. That's my theory because of how well the MK-677 is working.

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
Stimulation of the growth hormone (GH)-insulin-like growth factor I axis by daily oral administration of a GH secretogogue (MK-677) in healthy elderly subjects.

AuthorsChapman IM, et al. Show all Journal
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1996 Dec;81(12):4249-57.

Affiliation
Abstract
Aging is associated with declining activity of the GH axis, possibly contributing to adverse body composition changes and increased incidence of cardiovascular disease. The stimulatory effects on the GH-insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) axis of orally administered MK-677, a GH-releasing peptide mimetic, were investigated. Thirty-two healthy subjects (15 women and 17 men, aged 64-81 yr) were enrolled in a randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled trial. They received placebo or 2, 10, or 25 mg MK-677, orally, once daily for 2 separate study periods of 14 and 28 days. At baseline and on day 14 of each study period, blood was collected every 20 min for 24 h to measure GH, PRL, and cortisol. Attributes of pulsatile GH release were assessed by 3 independent algorithms. MK-677 administration for 2 weeks increased GH concentrations in a dose-dependent manner, with 25 mg/day increasing mean 24-h GH concentration 97 +/- 23% (mean +/- SE; P < 0.05 vs. baseline). This increase was due to an enhancement of preexisting pulsatile GH secretion. GH pulse height and interpulse nadir concentrations increased significantly without significant changes in the number of pulses. With 25 mg/day MK-677 treatment, mean serum IGF-I concentrations increased into the normal range for young adults (141 +/- 21 microgram/L at baseline, 219 +/- 21 micrograms/L at 2 weeks, and 265 +/- 29 micrograms/L at 4 weeks; P < 0.05). MK-677 produced significant increases in fasting glucose (5.4 +/- 0.3 to 6.8 +/- 0.4 mmol/L at 4 weeks; P < 0.01 vs. baseline) and IGF-binding protein-3. Circulating cortisol concentrations did not change, and PRL concentrations increased 23%, but remained within the normal range. Once daily treatment of older people with oral MK-677 for up to 4 weeks enhanced pulsatile GH release, significantly increased serum GH and IGF-I concentrations, and, at a dose of 25 mg/day, restored serum IGF-I concentrations to those of young adults.

Elvia1023

Oct 28, 2007
JJ I was like you when I heard about this. All the oral GH boosters you hear about are always crap. But from you and guys on the other forums this sounds like it is highly effective. I will be trying this out in the future. It sounds ideal for women too.

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
Just got done training arms and calves. The pump was intense! This is the most convenient HGH Secretagogue and inthink as effective as any other. I'm really liking this compound! :)

johnjuanb1

AnaSCI VET
Feb 17, 2014
Here is a new post from a forum we are on:

"just thought id throw my 2cents in here because i just started with MK-677. the hunger is real and it is intense, and im only at 25mgs. i have literally been hungry almost every hour ive been awake, trying to drink alot of water to make it subside but that really is not working. been eating every 2 hours even while at work. i feel good though. i woke up this morning with a ton of energy and had a very good sleep. i also kind of feel tighter this morning after working out, more so than before using it. my hands were asleep and took a few shakes to wake them up this morning and if one is not moving for a bit while im at my desk, it starts to drift off. i will update more in a few days."