©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Lets debate.

dugie82

Banned
May 13, 2004
Texas
Just a few questions up on the board.

-can your body digest more than 40-50G of protein at a time? Any medical research to back up whether or not you can? (it would support the idea that spacing meals out works).

-Is working a body part twice a week rather than the traditional once a week isolation benifitial or detrimental?

-What do you guys think is superior anavar or winstrol?

-Are site injections benifitial?

if you have any other questions throw them up there.

Last edited:

stussy

Anasci's Quote Editor
Sep 19, 2004
dugie82 said:

-can your body digest more than 40-50G of protein at a time? Any medical research to back up whether or not you can? (it would support the idea that spacing meals out works).

-Is working a body part twice a week rather than the traditional once a week isolation benifitial or detrimental?

Pretty good debating questions..unfortunatley I am not edumacated enuff to have the answers. Pass....

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
Again, many of these depend on the person. what works for me, may not work for you. I alternate everyother day, with 2 rest days a week. I usually work bi, tris and cardio, and the next legs, bag and chest. it gives my parts time to rest, but some do it other ways.

winstrol for me all the way, and i do it in site injections. directly into shoulder, bi and tri

Parker123

AnaSci's Hillbilly
Aug 6, 2004
Florida
dugie82 said:

I would not train the same body part 2 times in a week cause I think you really need time to repair. After hitting the weights solid for 2 months I always take a week off just to give the whole body a chance to rest.

I dont think site injections grow those areas. Maybe a bit more puffy because you have 2cc's of oil swelling those areas, but that's not muscle.

that's my 4 cents worth

Bizarro

Oracle's my Mod
Aug 16, 2004
Toxic Dump
Tex, how are those bi and tri injects? How long of a needle/what gauge and do is typically cause as much soreness as in quad/buttocks?

Bizarro

Oracle's my Mod
Aug 16, 2004
Toxic Dump
Dugie, agree with Tex that everyone is different. My personal take is that the body needs a change of pace from time to time so switching up a lot of what you question is probably a good idea (ie rotating injection sites, subbing var and win in place of each other in different cycles, chaning protein blends (whey isolate, casein, etc) and amounts, training body parts 2x/week for 6-8 weeks and then go 1X/week.....etc)

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
true, its all about routine, adn on different days i adjust the level of intensity of working each muscle out.

you have to be careful when going into the biceps, tend to bruise easily. tri and shoulders are not bad. soreness depends on the juice, and how the injection went. i use a 25g 1 innch

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
Bizarro said:
Tex, how are those bi and tri injects? How long of a needle/what gauge and do is typically cause as much soreness as in quad/buttocks?

The length of needle depends on the size of your muscle. You want to get "under" the muscle - the bigger the muscle, the longer the pin. I pop bis and tris regularly with no problems whatsoever. I gotta use a mirror for tris, though.

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
There is nothing wrong with working one muscle group more than once a week. If the muscles are not soar to the touch, then they are ready to be worked. It doesn't matter if it takes 2 days or 5 days. By the way, if you work muscles and they stay soar for 5 days - Props for tearing them down to hell and back!!!

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
imdaman1 said:
There is nothing wrong with working one muscle group more than once a week. If the muscles are not soar to the touch, then they are ready to be worked. It doesn't matter if it takes 2 days or 5 days. By the way, if you work muscles and they stay soar for 5 days - Props for tearing them down to hell and back!!!

I'm actually going to try hitting chest twice next week as I seem to recover very fast in the pecs. Bi's as well.

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
If you are on gear your recovery time is much faster and I'd say go for it with chest and arms twice a week. I do bi's and tri's on different nights, but I did do bi's and tri's twice a week when I was on my cycle for some growth.

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
I did bi's twice last week, and yes they recovered remarkably fast. I'm on the road to Hugeville...although most would say I'm already big. I just tell them not big enough! I also train Bi's and Tri's on different days. I sometimes do Bi's alone, or on my back day, and I always train Tri's on my chest day.

KILLA

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
Freejay said:
I did bi's twice last week, and yes they recovered remarkably fast. I'm on the road to Hugeville...although most would say I'm already big. I just tell them not big enough! I also train Bi's and Tri's on different days. I sometimes do Bi's alone, or on my back day, and I always train Tri's on my chest day.

That has always been rule of thumb....Bi's, back and shoulder on one day, Chest and tri's on another. Bi's, back and shoulder work in conjunction with each other, therefore are strained together. Same goes for chest and tri's. I feel that working tri's and bi's on the same day is going to hurt your gains because they are not a complimentary muscle group. Tear down one, then tear down the other tomorrow.

I see people at the gym doing the exact opposite of what I do, and it may work OK for them. But I think they would grow and get stronger if they isolated the groups.

just my thoughts.

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
SuperFly said:
That has always been rule of thumb....Bi's, back and shoulder on one day, Chest and tri's on another. Bi's, back and shoulder work in conjunction with each other, therefore are strained together. Same goes for chest and tri's. I feel that working tri's and bi's on the same day is going to hurt your gains because they are not a complimentary muscle group. Tear down one, then tear down the other tomorrow.

I see people at the gym doing the exact opposite of what I do, and it may work OK for them. But I think they would grow and get stronger if they isolated the groups.

just my thoughts.

Yeah...I had to convince my brother that doing the two on the same day was not good. He and all his friends were doing the entire arm on one day. They all do it "correctly" now! :)

dugie82

Banned
May 13, 2004
Texas
I'm actually moving to a two-a-day twice a week body part routine, read up on it and i'm going to try and shock my body with something new for 3-4 weeks.

dugie82

Banned
May 13, 2004
Texas
any one know about protein intake? I'm still curious as to how much protein your body can digest at one time.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
Freejay said:
I did that for almost 20 years.

My arms didn't start growing until I put them together on a day by themselves.

As far as protein goes, it depends on what you read. Most stuff says you can't assimilate more than 40grams in one sitting. However, some authors claim that bodybuilders and/or those on juice teach their bodies to assimilate more. I haven't seen any studies that prove either.

Last edited:

dr woo

Jan 6, 2005
i cant remember where i got it but ive been trying a new routine for the past 6 weeks
i definately think it has been helping with strength and shape, and it trains all muscles twice in 8 days. The theory behind it is that you have 2 growth spurts instead of one, and the over training issue is overcome by only using 1 exercise per muscle per session, it goes like this,

mon.
chest- flat bench
back-deadlifts
shoulders- seated press
tris- skull crushers

wed.
legs- squats, calf raises
Bis- seated hammer curls
forearm curls

fri.
chest- incline flys
back- pulldowns, bent over rows
shoulders- front & side raises
tris- cable pushdowns

Mon.
legs- hack squatts, calf raises
bis- ez curls
forearm curls
the thing that i like about this is that you can mix up the exercises and so it stays fresh, im sure some will knock it but its working for me.
woo.

a-bomb83

fatboy
Apr 4, 2005
da ville
dugie82 said:

-about the protein, i have no idea.

-working small body parts (tris/bis/traps/calves) does not hurt, because they tend to heal quickly. but the big bodyparts (thighs/chest/back) i would ONLY work once per week.

-var or winny, depends on what your goals are. overall, i think winny is more powerful mg for mg. but then again, the sides come into play when you go that high, but still, i'd opt for winny and get some good shampoo.

-last but not least, site injections are NOT beneficial for localized growth. localized definition....posibility, but growth, NO. just think of it this way, this is the best way i can explain it. the glutes seem to be one of the MOST preferred body part to inject (especially multiple cc's), so if localized growth WAS true, wouldn't all bb'ers have asses the size of texas? just a thought.

my .02