©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

insomnia

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Any body else suffer from insomnia? What do you do to fix it? I'm cutting out soda and caffeine. Also got a script for klonopin.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
-What exactly do you think is causing it?
-Could you circadian rhythm been altered with the accident?
-Can you sleep better at certain times of the day?
-Do you have sleep apnea?
-Have you had a sleep study done?

Personally I've had severe insomnia in 2 different cases.
1. Running tren simultaneously with a very stressful time at work. Got through the work issue and learned to drop work the second I walked to the door. 10 minutes of daily meditation (done correctly) and engulfing myself with the things I enjoy most did wonders. Tools which I still use today. Always stay calm and mellow. Stay below a 3 out of 10 except for gym time. I also had to stop wearing headphones while working out. Couldn't get the music out of my head before bed.
2. Shattered my knee due to a 20' fall directly to concrete. After surgery, my recovery allowed me many naps and would sleep when I could. This really messed up my circadian rhythm once I was able to return to work. I was running ghrp as well so lethargy was terrible. The naps and irregular sleep contributed to my insomnia. As hard as it was, cutting out napping, all stims, and using my bed for nothing other than sleep and sex helped a ton. I used the DSIP peptide right away but switched to melatonin after a month or so. I went from not getting any meaningful sleep, to 30 min at a time and gradually increasing to the normal 8 hours with a bathroom break or two. Not sure if any of this will help but whas what I personally delt with.

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
-What exactly do you think is causing it?
-Could you circadian rhythm been altered with the accident?
-Can you sleep better at certain times of the day?
-Do you have sleep apnea?
-Have you had a sleep study done?

Personally I've had severe insomnia in 2 different cases.
1. Running tren simultaneously with a very stressful time at work. Got through the work issue and learned to drop work the second I walked to the door. 10 minutes of daily meditation (done correctly) and engulfing myself with the things I enjoy most did wonders. Tools which I still use today. Always stay calm and mellow. Stay below a 3 out of 10 except for gym time. I also had to stop wearing headphones while working out. Couldn't get the music out of my head before bed.
2. Shattered my knee due to a 20' fall directly to concrete. After surgery, my recovery allowed me many naps and would sleep when I could. This really messed up my circadian rhythm once I was able to return to work. I was running ghrp as well so lethargy was terrible. The naps and irregular sleep contributed to my insomnia. As hard as it was, cutting out napping, all stims, and using my bed for nothing other than sleep and sex helped a ton. I used the DSIP peptide right away but switched to melatonin after a month or so. I went from not getting any meaningful sleep, to 30 min at a time and gradually increasing to the normal 8 hours with a bathroom break or two. Not sure if any of this will help but whas what I personally delt with.

-no
-no
-no
-no

I am use to night shift but I have corrected it in the past. I'm just hitting it really really hard in training preping for worlds. Alot of stress to.

cUTTING OUT CAFFEINE after 4 pm.

No more big ass meals before bed ;(

take meds and stay in bed.

adding magnesium to supplements

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Is your problem getting to sleep, or staying asleep?

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
falling asleep. I got 7 solid last night. Im just reeved up from all the training and stress. The klonopin helped with a sleep tab. It makes me snore now. But not on inhale but on exhale. It's called catathrenia. I think i'm set now.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Seroquel has been a life saver for my sleep issues. It's a non narcotic downer for bi polars and schizophrenics.lol. All I know is it works great. Fall right asleep 45 min after and stay asleep all night without being groggy in the am. No I don't have a script for them, and it's probably not good to be self medicating...but I feel great on a daily basis now and has made life so much easier for me.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
I have a script for klonopin

but sleep tabs you want Unisom tabs. The tabs have doxylamine, this is awesome. The other kind have benadryl they suck.

I've used the Benadryl and Unisom tabs. They both suck in my opinion. Both leave me with a hangover in the morning.

I keep melatonin on hand for the times I have trouble getting to sleep. It's mild and doesn't have any side effects for me. If I have trouble staying asleep, I use Kava Kava.

Periodically I get bouts of insomnia that no OTC meds can combat. For those times I keep some extended release Ambien on hand. Some people do have issues with it, but for me it works flawlessly. I take it, and 8 hours later I wake up feeling fantastic. It is addictive, so I only use it when my sleep cycles get really messed up from work. And then, I only use it for 2-3 nights in a week, just to force my body back into a more natural rhythm. Usually it only takes a week to a week and a half to get back to normal, then I quit using it.

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
Lots of good info already but I guess I'll throw in watch out for bright lights around bed time, they can deplete your natural melatonin and trick your body into thinking the sun is coming up...

robertscott

Dec 17, 2012
Lots of good info already but I guess I'll throw in watch out for bright lights around bed time, they can deplete your natural melatonin and trick your body into thinking the sun is coming up...

If you spend a lot of time in front of a computer before bed, then download a program called f:lux.

It removes "blue light" from your screen, which is the light frequency that fucks with your brain and keeps you awake

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
A lot of people swear by melatonin but it had a severe reverse effect on me. I was flipping out big time once I took it. Not sure but I would have to guess it had something to do with the meds I'm prescribed. I too us Klonopin for sleep issues as well as other things. Works good for me for sleep though. It seems that your pretty up to speed on Psych meds so I'll just say this. With Klonopins your best chance of getting to sleep is about a 45 minute window once it gets into your system. It for the lack of better words turns your brain off during that 45 minute period. The longer you stay awake the less chance you have for it to work because your brain slowly starts to turn that part back on. Has a long half life just not for sleep. Just my two cc's though. Good luck....AR....

pitshack

Dec 10, 2014
I found that 3 mg of melatonin and 150-200 mg of trazadone has me sleeping like a baby, even with the insomnia I am experiencing from deca. You would probably need a much lower dose of trazadone though. I've been on that shit for years and have developed a bit of a tolerance to it.

djpase

Oct 29, 2014
same here, i get naps not sleep. i wake up every hour or 2. my dr just gave me a script for klonapin and it works great for me. ambien didnt even work
i have restless leg syndrome also plus high anxiety. i had a sleep study done. if you have health insurance id look into getting one done

djpase

Oct 29, 2014
I found that 3 mg of melatonin and 150-200 mg of trazadone has me sleeping like a baby, even with the insomnia I am experiencing from deca. You would probably need a much lower dose of trazadone though. I've been on that shit for years and have developed a bit of a tolerance to it.

trazadone works good for
me but too groggy next day. i have the 50mg traz

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
I mentioned it before but I have a lot of Anxiety, depression, ocd and other shit which lead to constant racing thoughts when I hit the rack. Even with meds I average about 3 hrs of sleep a day. Tried everything under the sun to try and have some normalcy with sleep. By far the best med for me was Xanax. I don't take it though because of how addictive they are and how I've seen good peoples lives get screwed up accidentally. Not worth the risk IiMO. That's also why I would never recommend them. Same with the Ambien. They do seem to work for some people but they only should be taken at bedtime. I hear people saying all the time shit like '"oh I took an Ambien before I got on the plane so I could sleep" then they wonder why they fell asleep at the wheel on the way home from the airport. I personally never had any luck with the OTC stuff so dont know much there. Trazadone I tried at like 150mgs before bed. It was OK but didn't like the "hangover" feeling the next day. Left me like super lazy and just blah.aà
Anyway the point Im getting to is have you ever given any thought to meditation? I know a lot of people automatically say its stupid or whatever but its really changed a lot of things in my life for the better. Even if you try it for 5 or 10 minutes a day just to clear your head and slow things down mentally a bit. There's a ton of different types and ways to do it. Look into it man and see if a particular type might help you out a bit. IMO its worth a shot instead of turning straight to meds. Don't get me wrong I use Klonipins as well like I stated in the above post but I really noticed a big difference when I started meditation as well. Could always run one off too. That would be like a sleep trifecta. Meditation, a Klonopin, and blow a quick load. You'll sleep like a baby. Lol Seriously though if you need any info on meditation please don't hesitate to ask....AR....