©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Do you really want to be a pro bodybuilder?

Thunder46

AnaSCI VET
Dec 14, 2012
Shadow lands
Watching the Arnold Classic last night I thought to myself, what a hard frustating life it would be. Think about it, you train your ass off for months, sacrifice friends and relationships, obsessed with your diet no matter the occassion, spend countless amounts of money if not sponsered to prepare for a show, put your health in jeopardy every year with the chance of dying way before your time. And then when the big day has come you find that the judges are not giving you the callouts you deserve, or maybe you were a tad off but came back strong in the evening, all to find that your not in the top 5 not in the money, so you go home empty handed, no interviews, no cover pics in the muscle mags, maybe lost that chance another year to get the big supps contract. All this and on top you have less money then when you started and all your bills are due so you may have to do things to get by that you never thought you would have to do. for all the Phils, Ronnie, Jay, and Dexters out there, there are pros out there making less money then some on this very board, really gives you something to think about

omegachewy

Dec 8, 2012
I think about this everyday. Its comes down to passion. Any logical person would see those points, and get the hell out. Its the passion that drives us. I want to go pro more than kust about anything. I work two jobs, have lost relationships, and i wouldnt change a thing id doing so made me have to take another year to get closer to pro. Luckily im an introvert so i dont have friends, dont have the time nor the desire for them. They are distractions. The friends ive made here are all the friend i need. The support yall give me makes up more than enough.

In summary it comes to think, those who want to go pro dont focus on the negatives, because its not what matters.

thebull2012

Feb 3, 2013
Out there
I think it would be nice with the fame and money but I don't know if I want to live it 24/7 like they do. I like to think I hit the gym more often than the weekend warriors but I don't know if I could do it knowing my next paycheck is reliant upon staying in shape.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
I think about this everyday. Its comes down to passion. Any logical person would see those points, and get the hell out. Its the passion that drives us. I want to go pro more than kust about anything. I work two jobs, have lost relationships, and i wouldnt change a thing id doing so made me have to take another year to get closer to pro. Luckily im an introvert so i dont have friends, dont have the time nor the desire for them. They are distractions. The friends ive made here are all the friend i need. The support yall give me makes up more than enough.

In summary it comes to think, those who want to go pro dont focus on the negatives, because its not what matters.

If one day you wake up at 43 years old and haven't turned pro what then? Will you look back and wish you'd built relationships instead of your body? Just something to think about. Turning pro in bodybuilding is a very hard endeavour. It doesn't matter how hard you work or what you sacrifice, chances are you will still not be a pro.

omegachewy

Dec 8, 2012
If one day you wake up at 43 years old and haven't turned pro what then? Will you look back and wish you'd built relationships instead of your body? Just something to think about. Turning pro in bodybuilding is a very hard endeavour. It doesn't matter how hard you work or what you sacrifice, chances are you will still not be a pro.

If im not pro then i will still have my career as a doctor and the woman i love with jesus to guide me the whole time. With this knowledge, i have nothing to fear.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
My genetic spoke to me at 18 and said " fun healthy addiction and hobby and hard body chicks" so here I am..with a bunch a meat heads whom I all like
and chicks who ask too many questions.hense the duct tape ..