©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

TRT and Gyno

silverback66

Nov 19, 2013
So I got on TRT about 6 weeks ago. One of the big things that got me having my doc check my blood levels was that I was having some minor gyno symptoms.. Tender nipples and a discharge if I squeeze them.. This was all before ever using any aas. I had ultrasound and mammogram done and my endocrinologist said he did see minor growth of breast tissue but that it was purely cosmetic and not an issue.. Since getting on TRT I am still having the symptoms and I'm wondering if it would beneficial to get a SERM or AI to help with the gyno. Like aromasin or nolvadex maybe letro.. Or should I just see if it clears up? I am losing fat! Started at about 25% bf now I'm down closer to 20% so I imagine that should help. I just don't want to keep going like this if I could fix it as easily as getting on something else.

Last edited:

Iceman74

Donating Member
Apr 4, 2013
Letro would probably be the best choice to decrease the breast tissue. It'll likely crush your E2 levels depending on your dose and duration of use, but like everything else usually does, it'll bounce back to normal. It may help you drop fat a tad bit quicker too while the E2 levels are lower though.

Disclaimer: I have no firsthand experience in this, it's just what I've read over the years on forums.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
I prefer aromasin but most endo dr prescribe adex as part of trt protocol. .25 eod is a good place to start and adjust from there

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
i would try Raloxifene if it were me. Letro is strong and will crush almost all circulating estrogen leaving you feeling terrible

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
First you need to get your e2 checked. This is a life long treatment and it's better to do things correctly from the beginning. I would bring this to your Dr's attention, and if it's high and he refuses to treat it, find one who will. More than likely, letro would be used to to try to reverse any existing gyno and adex would be used to control it. Why guess when you have an opportunity to get it tested and treated.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
First you need to get your e2 checked. This is a life long treatment and it's better to do things correctly from the beginning. I would bring this to your Dr's attention, and if it's high and he refuses to treat it, find one who will. More than likely, letro would be used to to try to reverse any existing gyno and adex would be used to control it. Why guess when you have an opportunity to get it tested and treated.

I missed this in my last post you should be active in your trt protocol and request the dr to check your estrogen levels. This takes all the guessing out of it

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Letros hard to manage ..when u get stripped of estro you feel 100 yrs old with one foot in the grave. U need daily aromasin 12.5 mg twice a day e.d or e.o.d after you have gotten e serum test.

Wasnt your e level high first lab before thus got started?

j2048b

May 11, 2013
U could try to add some caber, and nolva? Caber will reduce that leak and nolva may kick that gyno out?

silverback66

Nov 19, 2013
E2 was normal at last test. I think for now I'll keep things as they are and when I get back in to my endo I will bring it back up and see if anything can be done. I agree that while I'm getting Rx and doctors help I might as well do things right.

silverback66

Nov 19, 2013
So this is an older post but I'm hoping to get some more input. It has been about 3 months since I started TRT e2 and prolactin levels are still within the labs acceptable range. My nipples are still tender although not as bad as before. after getting mammogram and ultrasound done my endo did see some slight breast tissue enlargement that is, in his words "purely cosmetic and nothing to worry about" however obviously cosmetic and aesthetic things are important to me as a bodybuilder... So at this point I am considering more the idea of trying a little self medicating to get this changed. One thing that concerns me though is the fact that my estro levels are in good shape, if I start taking something that is going to lower them I worry I will experience the "feeling like shit all the time" low E symptoms. I think at this point it is worth experimenting on my own a little to get this situation under control. also I am wondering if possibly I am somehow "abnormally sensitive" to estrogen.... is this something that could be possible? My T levels are back up into the 600 range and I still don't feel great. I get a little emotional at times and my libido while stronger is still not where I would like it. Doc considered increasing dose but at the last check T levels of 635 he decided I was ok with what i was on. Considering the aromatisation of the test I am wondering if somehow I am just naturally sensitive to estrogen, and that is keeping me from seeing the results I want with my TRT. Just talking out of my ass here, I don't even know if that is possible.

What would be a good compound to try at this point? I don't have access to a source for "the good stuff" so I think I would like to try some of the legal "research chemical" ancillary products first. Something like liquid Letro, exemestane, or anastrozole... thoughts??

anyway! if anyone could advise me a little and share your thoughts on the estridol sensitivity idea as well as what research chems I might want to try I would greatly appreciate it!

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
This is just based on my own personal experience, but I would caution against the research chems. It's a free-for-all on the research chem market right now. You just never know what you're getting, whether or not it's dosed properly, or if you've just paid for a bottle of nothing but grain alcohol. Quality can vary drastically from one supplier to the next. I know there are supposed to be some good suppliers out there, but I simply don't trust any of them anymore. Frankly, they couldn't pay me to take their products.

There's plenty of quality pharmaceutical suppliers on the net offering real pharma ancillary meds at reasonable prices. It may not be 100% legal, but neither are research chems if you want to get technical.

Others here may have had different experiences than I have. They may think research chems are great. I can't dispute their personal experiences, I can only convey my experience and lack of trust in the research chem industry right now. If you want to know anything else, feel free to PM me.

Majere1313

Apr 14, 2014
The discharge is what's concerning to me. That typically indicates prolactin issues.

silverback66

Nov 19, 2013
@majere1313 prolactin levels were fine.. it has gotten much better since I started trt also. I have to really try to get anything to leak out... But it still will! I have read that caber can help this but haven't tried anything

GastrocGuy

Dec 28, 2012
Durrty South
Some heavier guys look like they have breasts when they are dropping weight, it's just how the fat's hanging as it comes off. Wiki calls it obese at 25%+, and everyone's body distributes it differently, so I imagine your man boobs looked more pronounced as you progressed. What was the discharge like? Bloody? Milky, sticky, clear, ect..? It can mean some other things like a lesion behind the nipple and blah blah blah. You got mamm'ed, did you get an ultrasound ?

If you already know you don't have prolactinoma, then why use caber? Go by the numbers and let the endo's hand play out. You're gonna make it harder by throwing variables into the mix that he doesn't know about.

Maybe consider that some of the "estro-crash" feelings are in your head. I always bum out a bit when I cycle off. The fact your libido is there (not just where you want it to be) makes me think you're psyching yourself out!

Hope things are on the up n up for ya!

silverback66

Nov 19, 2013
Some heavier guys look like they have breasts when they are dropping weight, it's just how the fat's hanging as it comes off. Wiki calls it obese at 25%+, and everyone's body distributes it differently, so I imagine your man boobs looked more pronounced as you progressed. What was the discharge like? Bloody? Milky, sticky, clear, ect..? It can mean some other things like a lesion behind the nipple and blah blah blah. You got mamm'ed, did you get an ultrasound ?

If you already know you don't have prolactinoma, then why use caber? Go by the numbers and let the endo's hand play out. You're gonna make it harder by throwing variables into the mix that he doesn't know about.

Maybe consider that some of the "estro-crash" feelings are in your head. I always bum out a bit when I cycle off. The fact your libido is there (not just where you want it to be) makes me think you're psyching yourself out!

Hope things are on the up n up for ya!

Thanks man! Great reply! I did get an ultrasound yes! I don't remember which one showed what and I never saw them but the docs decided it looked fine.. just slight growth in breast tissue.. I wouldn't say that I have "man boobs" really either.. I am around 20-24%bf so I'm not going to say I have defined pecs but they don't look saggy or particularly enlarged. However if I am rubbing/squeezing the area directly behind the nipple there is a noticeable firm spot.. that "firm spot" is also where ALL of the sensitivity is. Some days it's only slightly uncomfortable other times something like my girlfriend playing with my nipples is just painful.. (and not in a good way) as for the discharge. It is clear, sticky.. not bloody at all and miniscule amounts.. like a drip the size of the head of a pen... and for the record I have to actually squeeze it out.. not like it's leaking on its own, just so we are clear. I agree for sure with letting my endo make the calls and take the time to sort things out correctly. It's just that these gyno like symptoms are what caused me to go to the doc in the first place when I had levels checked and found I had low-T this is the main reason to get looked at and it has only slightly improved.

Again thank you all for your help!

GastrocGuy

Dec 28, 2012
Durrty South
That clear stuff can come out from the nipple if it's agitated or if you're aroused. You can also see that in females, too. If there's a lot of nipple play or if you keep messing with the spot, the swelling,leakage, and sensitivity are probably related to the agitation of the area.

Hang in there bro!

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Tissue enlarge ment can be from being overweight , smokn ganga , bad diet etc. Dont try and fix whats broke. Keep eye on it sb66. Good to hear you are doing well brutha..