©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Jason Becker

W

wolfyEVH

if no one is familiar with him, listen to this clip from his first album.......this came out in 1988. He is one of the greatest guitar players of all time, and couldve been the best, but he developed ALS (lou gherig's) a few years after the album and is pretty much a veggie now, although still living.......listen to this if you're a guitar fan who likes fast shreddin guitar.......you'll be amazed at it.......but what is the most amazing thing about this song??? He was only 17 years old when the album came up.......

http://64.162.150.71/CLIPAltitudes.mp3

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
Wolfy, that is the cheesiest crap I've ever heard. Listen bro, I'm not one of those angry guitar players who thinks every one sucks but me. But that shit sucked. You need to listen to a lot of guitar players before you make a statement like you made. "Could have been the best" Any $40 an hour guitar teacher could have written that. You want to hear good listen to Jango Rienhardt

W

wolfyEVH

Blackbird said:
Wolfy, that is the cheesiest crap I've ever heard. Listen bro, I'm not one of those angry guitar players who thinks every one sucks but me. But that shit sucked. You need to listen to a lot of guitar players before you make a statement like you made. "Could have been the best" Any $40 an hour guitar teacher could have written that. You want to hear good listen to Jango Rienhardt

lol....damn bro......cheasy??? it was 1988 bro..what do you expect......guys like vinnie moore, michael angelo, jason backer, paul gilbert, marty friedman, etc......thats what the guitars sounded like...they were shredding instrumentalists.......IMO, some of the greatest guitar players EVER would have to be Andres Segovia, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Joe Satriani.......however you really can NOT classify someone as the greatest ever, maybe in a specific category.....as for Becker, greatest SHREDDER is what i should have wrote. ...and not anyone could have written the arpeggios that becker wrote.......especially someone his age.....neo-classical metal was very huge in the 80s

W

wolfyEVH

Blackbird said:

I am a guitar myself and HAVE listened to a lot of guitar players......music and working out is my life. Either you're on a bunch of androgens, or you really do think you're one of those guitar players who thinks everyone sucks but yourself.....no offense bro......you just didnt have to come off so hostile towards me

Diesel

AnaSCI's GridIron God
Jan 30, 2005
Ghetto
damn you jus got shut the fuck down:pokeowned:
jus kiddin bird, but yeah wolfy that is some crazy shit hes got there really talented

W

wolfyEVH

Diesel said:
damn you jus got shut the fuck down:pokeowned:
jus kiddin bird, but yeah wolfy that is some crazy shit hes got there really talented

lol.....go to any message board where someone says who the greatest guitar player is, you'll always have a heated debate......even though we all know its all in the eyes and ears of the beholder. Regardless though, for his age it is amazing......

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
wolfyEVH said:
I am a guitar myself and HAVE listened to a lot of guitar players......music and working out is my life. Either you're on a bunch of androgens, or you really do think you're one of those guitar players who thinks everyone sucks but yourself.....no offense bro......you just didnt have to come off so hostile towards me

Coming from the King of Hostility. LOL I love the "no offense" additive. And you're almost right. My wife says these antibiotics are making me an asshole.

W

wolfyEVH

Blackbird said:
Coming from the King of Hostility. LOL I love the "no offense" additive. And you're almost right. My wife says these antibiotics are making me an asshole.

it was just your comment about "You need to listen to a lot of guitar players before you make a statement like you made"....i've already told you i'm a guitar player before so you should know i know my music....its all good though....we both know who the great guitar players are, however there is no number 1 great player

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
I'll categorize some of my favorites.
Fingerstyle- Mississippi John Hurt
Jazz-Jango
Blue Grass-Doc Watson
Electric Blues-Stevie Ray
80's-Matthew Sweet, Eric Johnson
That's a short list, but just a few that I like. What I hate about the 80's style guitar player is that it raised a generation of power chord junkies who go for speed over substance.

Ok bro I admitt I jumped on ya. You do suprise me with your knowlege of all things at the age of 22. Sorry about that. I still think that song sucked though. Haha

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
wolfyEVH said:

You're a guitar? Damn bro - you may some other issues going on. lol - I didn't care for the music. The terrible drum arrangement made it worse. He can play - no doubt - but he's no Dimebag, Mustaine, Kerry King, Yngwie or Satriani. :D

W

wolfyEVH

imdaman1 said:
You're a guitar? Damn bro - you may some other issues going on. lol - I didn't care for the music. The terrible drum arrangement made it worse. He can play - no doubt - but he's no Dimebag, Mustaine, Kerry King, Yngwie or Satriani. :D

Dimebag and Mustaine?? you're kidding right?!?!?! You wanna hear some good metal guitarists........check out John Petrucci for Dream Theater or Michael Romeo of Symphony X.

Satriani is the man.....i saw him in October at the HOB in Chicago and he put on an amazing show. Did you know he taught Kirk Hammet and Steve Vai how to play?

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
wolfyEVH said:
Dimebag and Mustaine?? you're kidding right?!?!?! You wanna hear some good metal guitarists........check out John Petrucci for Dream Theater or Michael Romeo of Symphony X.

Satriani is the man.....i saw him in October at the HOB in Chicago and he put on an amazing show. Did you know he taught Kirk Hammet and Steve Vai how to play?

Yes I did know that. He is the man.