©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Hey

RiseFromAshes

Feb 14, 2013
New here (obviously)... a little bit about myself:

Been training for about 5 years with some decent progress. However, I'm 34 years old and recently diagnosed with low testosterone (294). I've seen multiple doctors in hope of getting on TRT. Well, after numerous "you're too young for TRT" from doctors I finally found one willing to start me up.

Here's the kicker... he put me on Test C @ 50mg/week. That's ridiculous. 5 weeks on that dosage and I had blood work done and it came back that the results for testosterone were 435. I was convinced he'd up the dose... but nope... he said it was perfect and in the normal range. Needless to say, I was a little upset. That's "perfect" for a 70 year old man. Not 34.

Get ready to laugh here. He actually said a dosage of even 100mg/week is what causes the "rage" and "hallucinations". He even went as far as to say he "doesn't wanna see me shooting up an office building or something."

So, long story short -- I'm sticking with his scripts but I'm forced to go on my own for proper dosing. I've had enough of these doctors that know less than I do regarding hrt.

Anyway, enough about that. Just wanted to introduce myself. From the lurking I've done this seems like a great place.

RiseFromAshes

Feb 14, 2013
Thanks guys... and yea, hijacked... it really sucks. It's like, initially all the docs thought it was "depression" and were soooo quick to TRY to put me on high dosages paxil or zoloft. It makes no sense to me. Low T was/is the culprit and now it's like they are unwilling to help. Crazy.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Welcome. If what your doc says is true I'd be one tripping mfer!.
You ALMOST got the right doc. Shop out the right practioner . He or she is' out there. Great mellow board here. T

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Welcome to Anasci...Stick around it's a great place!!

RiseFromAshes

Feb 14, 2013
Thanks again guys... and yes, seems like a very good place. Doing a LOT of reading here. 'Tis a very informative forum that's for sure.

Incognito1

Dec 24, 2012
Welcome to the board buddy. Sucks about your doc. I'm going to be going down the HRT path once I have kids. Hopefully I don't have those dramas