©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Baby back :(

Bull996

Apr 29, 2014
Lost a good amount of muscle in my back post herniated disc and fucked SI joint but cleared to get back in "heavy" weights. Criticize away fellas!! Needs a lot of work but hopefully I can add some more thickness and width to it now! Excuse the shit picture too, pain in the ass to hold that flex and snap a pic!

ALL ADVICE ACCEPTED AND WANTED with NO HARD FEELINGS! Like I said in my intro post, I'm a noob to this world and started as a bean pole at a buck 60 soaking wet!

a>

Last edited:

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Youve come a long way from a buck sixty brother congrats! Keep workin hard man lookin good.

Alinshop

May 20, 2013
You lost size? I expected to see a pic with a lot less thickness, so in my eyes you still got it! Herniated disc sounds rough, and thank goodness you are cleared to lift once again. Muscle memory is your friend

Bull996

Apr 29, 2014
You lost size? I expected to see a pic with a lot less thickness, so in my eyes you still got it! Herniated disc sounds rough, and thank goodness you are cleared to lift once again. Muscle memory is your friend

Thank you brother! And I was still able to lift but not heavy and no deads, bent over rows, t bar etc. along with a lot of leg exercises also unless I was very light. I think the muscle in my lower back went to shit but that's where it blew. Disc problems are no fun! The SI joint is no walk in the park either. And yes thank go for muscle memory :)

Bull996

Apr 29, 2014
Youve come a long way from a buck sixty brother congrats! Keep workin hard man lookin good.

Thanks bro! I was trying to find a pic when I started but that computer has long crashed! I'll dig up something tho! I was about as thick as a piece of paper haha

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
I've been dealing with herniated discs in my lower back for a few years now, myself. I can empathize with u. No fun at all. Try to resist the urge to jump in head-first and take it slow instead. Don't get heavy right away. Start increasing volume first. Then a slight increase in weight, then increase volume again with same weight. The last thing you want is a set back. Those are even more demoralizing than the first injury.

And keep doing the PT exercises that they gave u. Those work so much better than I ever gave them credit for.

Personally, I wouldn't deadlift anymore, either. It's just too damn easy to hurt yourself again doing deads. There's a very thin line between just enough, and way too much with deads. Especially for those of us that have previous spinal issues. Just my 2 shillings bro.

Keep it slow and safe bro. Good luck.

Bull996

Apr 29, 2014
I've been dealing with herniated discs in my lower back for a few years now, myself. I can empathize with u. No fun at all. Try to resist the urge to jump in head-first and take it slow instead. Don't get heavy right away. Start increasing volume first. Then a slight increase in weight, then increase volume again with same weight. The last thing you want is a set back. Those are even more demoralizing than the first injury.

And keep doing the PT exercises that they gave u. Those work so much better than I ever gave them credit for.

Personally, I wouldn't deadlift anymore, either. It's just too damn easy to hurt yourself again doing deads. There's a very thin line between just enough, and way too much with deads. Especially for those of us that have previous spinal issues. Just my 2 shillings bro.

Keep it slow and safe bro. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice brother! And I totally understand what you mean about trying to resist the urge to go balls out. I did deads today and ramped up weight slowly to see how I felt. Got to 315 and swallowed my pride/ego and just finish with 3 sets of 6 reps with that weight. Felt good tho. As long as I keep my form tight and everything set tight in place I think I'm good. Just can't get careless.

I do all the stuff my PT gave, I also do Mckinzie exercises before, inbetween and after. If you're not familiar with them I'd look them up and give them a shot. I feel they've worked wonders for me.

Thanks again for the advice man!

Bull996

Apr 29, 2014
Looking great bull. Strengthen that core and get on some foam roller for myofacia release after you work out. Does wonders. Holla ..ib

Thanks IB! They had me doing that in PT but I need to start doing it every workout. Appreciate the advice bro!

xmen1234

Dec 6, 2012
Your Mom's House
How did you hurt yourself? Lifting?

As others have stated, you have a great starting point now. Lift smart and safe and there will be great results. Just keep at it, brother.

Bull996

Apr 29, 2014
How did you hurt yourself? Lifting?

As others have stated, you have a great starting point now. Lift smart and safe and there will be great results. Just keep at it, brother.

Thanks man! And yup, improper lifting. Lesson learned the hard way!

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Lost a good amount of muscle in my back post herniated disc and fucked SI joint but cleared to get back in "heavy" weights. Criticize away fellas!! Needs a lot of work but hopefully I can add some more thickness and width to it now! Excuse the shit picture too, pain in the ass to hold that flex and snap a pic!

ALL ADVICE ACCEPTED AND WANTED with NO HARD FEELINGS! Like I said in my intro post, I'm a noob to this world and started as a bean pole at a buck 60 soaking wet!

a>

Bull, if that's your starting base, then you've got nothing to worry about! I would say focus on stretching and keeping the back working properly. I'm in the same boat with the back! I won't even go into it...It's a mess!! Good luck, hang in there, and be smart!!

Bull996

Apr 29, 2014
Bull, if that's your starting base, then you've got nothing to worry about! I would say focus on stretching and keeping the back working properly. I'm in the same boat with the back! I won't even go into it...It's a mess!! Good luck, hang in there, and be smart!!

Thanks for the advice brother! I try to keep things loose and stretched but sometimes I should stretch more. And thanks for the kind words bro and yes, this boat we are in is a complete pain in the ass! Haha