©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Phelps vs Shark

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Read this today. Shark week's getting desperate I guess?

Michael Phelps is going to race a shark. Seriously.

When you've won 23 gold medal's there's really nothing left to do but race a shark.

The Discovery Channel announced Friday that Olympian Michael Phelps will take on the dangerous animal during the network's very popular, Shark Week.

There aren't many specifics yet, but here's the information from a release sent by Discovery:

"They are one of the fastest and most efficient predators on the planet: Sharks. He is our greatest champion to ever get in the water: Michael Phelps. 39 world records. 23 Olympic golds. But he has one competition left to win. An event so monumental no one has ever attempted it before. The world’s most decorated athlete takes on the ocean’s most efficient predator: Phelps V Shark - the race is on! Produced by Peacock Productions."

What kind of shark will it be? How close will Phelps be to the shark? Will the shark be in a Speedo? So many questions still need to be answered about this monumental event.

The race will air on Sunday, July 23 at 8 p.m., ET.

This article was originally published on SI.com

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
One of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Must be nice payday for PHELPS to do something like this.

Jun 19, 2017
They should let him start swimming and than release the shark make it a if you can't out swim the shark your lunch.That would make anyone give it everything they got than lol.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

readyset

Feb 17, 2014
They should let him start swimming and than release the shark make it a if you can't out swim the shark your lunch.That would make anyone give it everything they got than lol.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

Exactly what I was thinking. With a bucket of chum attached to him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pesty4077

VIP / Donating Member
Jun 20, 2008
CALIFORNIA
Let's see: A Mako shark has been clocked at 31 MPH, although some say it can go up to 60 MPH. Michael Phelps swims at 6 MPH. If he was the bait, he be eaten in seconds. Although the ratings would go up through the roof for that channel.

kscowboy

Jul 3, 2017
So freaking dumb. Surely hes not broke yet. I hate stuff like this as they will manipulate it for him to win or for it to be close. No way hes beating a real shark.

TeknoViking

Donating Member
Feb 1, 2013
That shit was so weak. I mean I didn't really think they would release a shark with phelps lol but a simulator...LOL. They even tried to make it a little dramatic with the shark jumping out of the water at the end haha.

IRONFIST

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Apr 20, 2007
thought it was going to be a joke from the beginning. didnt expect that nonsense tough?? bet they lost some ratings after that one!!