©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Lexus gs f vs bmw M* vs jag F typa R

bigpoppie

Mar 24, 2012
Looking for something new later this year. Was originally set on Lexus but saw an M6 last night and love the type R.
I am leaning toward lexus primarily because of reliability and low cost to own. Will the others break the bank in upkeep?
What are everyone's overall thoughts?

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
Looking for something new later this year. Was originally set on Lexus but saw an M6 last night and love the type R.
I am leaning toward lexus primarily because of reliability and low cost to own. Will the others break the bank in upkeep?
What are everyone's overall thoughts?

Hard decision as they are all nice. I would go with a Jag or Lexus. Looks I would say the Jag but everything considered the Lexus.

graceinc

Mar 2, 2017
I would suggest going for the M6, you will just love it. Lexus is just an expensive Toyota.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Lexus, every time. Specifically because of the dealers. Lexus dealers take care of their customers better than any other dealer brand I’ve ever dealt with. I’ve seen Lexus dealers pay to tow a vehicle back to their dealership from 3 hours away, send a mechanic and a driver to pick up a vehicle owner that was stranded on the side of the interstate over a hundred miles from the dealership, and so many other things that really blew my mind.

Take your Lexus in for an oil change and they’ll toss you the keys to a similar car for the day to go run errands. Seen them give loaners to customers who’s cars needed unexpected fixes that would take 2-3 days more times than I can remember.

Some other dealers might do these things, but I’ve seen plenty that won’t, including BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar and Maserati. Lexus vehicles may not be that special, but their dealers typically are. I’m sure they aren’t all perfect, but all the kne’s I’ve dealt with made a legitimate effort to try to be. That goes a long way for me, especially in this day and age where customer service is sometimes considered a relic of the past.