©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Q re: Glute injections

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT
The easiest place for me to pin is in my glutes; I use a 1.25 inch 23g.

Crazy question: How do I know that the fuel is going into my muscle and not just my ass fat (or more precisely, my fat ass?) I'm about 15% bf, and I inject where all the guides say to...but sometimes it seems to go REAL easy and painlessly, while other times is takes me a while to empty the pin and it hurts like a mofo. I'm wondering if maybe the easy pokes are not entering muscle somehow? Thoughts?

vpiedu

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
i dont think it really matters because you are going to absorb it one way or the other. i personally think it hurts less when in the muscle. when it comes to glutes i pin the ventral glutes, just easier for me. i use 1" 25g pin for glutes, everything else i pin with slin pins. good luck brother!

VP

Thunder46

AnaSCI VET
Dec 14, 2012
Shadow lands
I use slin pins mostly also after all the years i've built up a lot of scare tissue everywhere so if the oil is thin enough i will use slin pins 29g works well for chest, tri's, lats, delts, and i have even pinned quads when i'm lean and it work just as well as a 1' 25g

Derek7X

Banned
Dec 20, 2013
You may find the following information useful:

#1. 23gauge 1.25inch isn't necessary for glutes if you're 15% bf. You are only creating tons of scar tissue for no reason (unless you're only hitting your glute once every two weeks or so)

#2. I suggest trying 25gauge 5/8, but just make sure you are keeping your skin completely flat when you press it in and make sure it stays in without moving.

#3. The reason it's easy to go in sometimes, and sometimes it's hard is because you are putting it in an area with scar tissue. You need to use some different sites, OR use different sites on your glute. You can actually get about 3 different areas on your glute(top of your glute,lateral....top of your glute,more towards the middle......middle of your glute but don't go above 5/8 inch so you don't hit the sciatic). I do NOT SUGGEST YOU DO THIS, but it is very doable and I know people that do it with no problems whatsoever. I highly suggest you rotate Lglute->Rglute->Ldelt->Rdelt->Lvastus->Rvastus->add other sites if necessary so you only hit a site once every 2 weeks at the very minimum
#4. Start rotating sites because you have clearly already built too much scar tissue...that's why it won't go in easily
#5. It makes no difference if you inject SubQ versus IM except it won't reach your bloodstream until literally less than a few hours later(it could even just take an extra 30-60mins max btw). The reason we do not give SQ injections of testosterone or other anabolics is because
A) It is rare to see an individual taking a very small quantity(in ml/cc) of testosterone or other anabolics, and you can not handle too much oil via SQ. I wouldn't even go past 0.3-0.5cc IMO,although I know people that have done 1cc SQ no problems...but I just really don't think it's a good idea because:
B) It increases your chance of infection and abcess, so you really don't want to deal with that
#6. Since it does not matter if your testosterone has been going SQ or IM - there is no reason for you to worry about it having been 'wasted'. But make sure, from now on, that it DOES go IM. With a needle that big at your bodyfat, I'm essentially positive it is going IM.

Good luck and stay safe.