©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

new here and venting a little too

cft74

Sep 26, 2014
Hey guys new to this forum. Just been doing a lot of reading. I'm far from new to the gym life. So far still never run anything and probably won't for a while. Got away from the gym due to falling into the wrong crowd and became a junky. I'm finally changing that and live at a half way house in mass now. Saved what little money I had to get back to the gym because the house doesn't let you work till you've been here for some time. So I actually start working soon. I got here at 200 lbs after putting on a lot of weight that my body desperately needed and once I got my membership to golds I cut down to 175ish at 5ft 10. I'm also here to vent a little cause the guys here don't get me n the gym. Like I said I used to be a big gym rat a few years ago. Unfortunately Thursday I hurt my shoulder and doctor thinks its something to do with the tendon. I've felt with this before on my other shoulder and had to do physical therapy so looks like that's what I'm in for again. Just bums me out cause of where I'm at in life. The gym Just my thing back in the day and I was so happy to be back again. It made me feel good about me especially since I was making great progress. Just needed to talk about it somewhere cause like I said the guysbi live with don't understand why I enjoy the gym so much. Anyways I look forward to getting to know u guys on here and hope to get back to training soon once I get the OK from the doctors. Thanks for letting me be a part of this guys!!!

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Welcome to AnaSCI!

You will find a lot of guys here have gone through the same things in their lives. Will be able to lend you the support you need to stay on the right track!

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
Welcome. We have all messed up at some time or another. Let the Iron be your drug of choice now. You'll find a lot of good people here for support. Peace brother.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
:welcome: ive been through some foul shit too brother. The iron will help set you straight. It did for me, can for you too

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Welcome.

I was running with the wrong crows back in the 80's. Now I don't even drink.

With age comes wisdom, I think.

Thunder46

AnaSCI VET
Dec 14, 2012
Shadow lands
Welcome many of us started on the wrong path what matters is where we are now. After HS i entered the military best thing i ever did i started workingout and most of all it took me away from the guys i use to hang with, one year i went home on leave and those same guys still lived there still doing the same stuff so the best thing is to seperate yourself from the people who are doing things that you no longer want to be apart of and surround yourself with good people

Alinshop

May 20, 2013
Welcome. I am glad to hear that you are doing something positive about your issues. It may be hard at first and not always go the way you plan, but in the end it will be worth it.

scmtnboy

Donating Member
Jan 9, 2013
Focus on staying clean first and getting healthy. The gym can be a great place to clear the head and deal with some tough feelings you might be going through coming off drugs.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
:welcome: to ANASCI and good luck on the injury. Stay positive ,,stay focused and you will bounce back in no time better than ever.

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Setting goals and trying to reach them is that first/hardest part. Congrats bro. You're among friends here..

dozisthebeast

Dec 13, 2014
south west
I did a halfway house stint a few years ago, and the gym was my sanctuary, before i could get to kne i was doimg hundreds of pushups and lifting buckets of sand. Remember those llaces wont last, make the best of it for YOU while your there, and be comforted in the fact that you dont ever have to go back, and each day can be better then the last. Stay stron brother.