©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Dan Duchaine Pharobike Low Fat

Micbode

Jul 22, 2019
Rose City Recumbent in Portland Oregon has a Dan Duchaine Pharobike Low Fat. Two other people brought theirs for this rare photo. Three Pharos in a row. Enjoy!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 75
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 75

Micbode

Jul 22, 2019
A small number of Pharobike Low Fats were produced in late 1999. I've heard anywhere from 10 to 20. The Low Fat was designed by Dan Duchaine in Carlsbad, California.

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
He was big time into these bikes, he loved them. He was more into these bikes toward the end of his life than he was in bodybuilding. Guy was a unique fukking genious in so many ways....

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
He was big time into these bikes, he loved them. He was more into these bikes toward the end of his life than he was in bodybuilding. Guy was a unique fukking genious in so many ways....

:yeahthat:

One of the interviews we have somewhere here, I believe he mentions them?

GearPro

AnaSCI Major Sponsor
Jul 3, 2013
Am I seeing things, or does the bike that’s mounted on the stand have about 1/4 of its front sprocket broken off? That’s not intentional, right? I know literally nothing about these bikes, or bicycles in general.

Micbode

Jul 22, 2019
Sprocket broken during shipment from California. In the shop now, new tires, cables, tune up and new sprocket.

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
A few guys who met him real life have mentioned he was pretty infatuated with the bike...Lyle McDonald, and a few others. I think some mentioned it in their eulogy to him upon his death. It was talked about more often back in the day, it was almost an ongoing joke to mention Dan and his bike. I never met him personally, but conversed with him at times back in the day as a dorky young kid, lol (not about his bike mind you....). I bet Dante would be able to mention some stories on it possibly.

God, I miss DD. Wish I could read his responses and thoughts to everything going on today. I'll say this, he was a damn genious, he could understand biochem very well, even though he never took a class...he was self taught. However, I would say he almost single-handedly brought in more true experts from the science field into BB'ing than anybody else. He'd bag on them big time, moreso if they acted as armchair gurus in the bb drug field with no training experience, but he knew that if these guys could bring their intelligence to BB combined with first-hand experience, then that was direction where innovations would grow. He was well above his time, and was on a different level.

Micbode

Jul 22, 2019
Got it back from the shop today. A tune up, new tires, new chain sprockets, new brake caliper. It rides. Because it's a Dan Duchaine bike, I will only probably ride it on special rides a couple times a year. The rest of the time it will be hanging on the wall. An example of how a person can always be evolving in new and different directions. If anyone wants to see one. Stop by Rose City Recumbent in Portland Oregon. They have one hanging on the wall as well.

Attachments

• Fixed1.jpg
    Fixed1.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 34

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in

I knew they were his passion just never knew his ideas went into production.

BrooklynBorn

Donating Member
Oct 8, 2017
are the ones in the very top pic, all attached? im seeing either too many wheel or too many pedals. The last bike on the right side, has two sets of pedals? where do you sit? assuming Im not seeing things poorly.

BrooklynBorn

Donating Member
Oct 8, 2017
I see it now, sorry.

I see these things in Manhattan all the time, Especially with the knew bike lanes that i keep forgetting about and walking into.