©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

2013 Log

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Going to get a log going on this site and try and make it interesting. I'm looking at myself in the mirror today and I'm not really happy with where I am. I've got good size but my abs are almost gone and I've got my love handles starting to come back. SOOOOOO, time to cut a little bit. I'm not going crazy and doing a contest prep diet but I'm going to peel back a bit.

Little things at first like Monster Rehabs instead of Khaos lol! Less cookies and ice cream, less carbs overall etc. And I'm going to start doing a little bit of cardio. Maybe like 10-15 minutes PWO.

I like to see what's going on as well as looking at the scale so my supplements are going to be of the less wet variety. I'm running really short on things at the moment so it wont be a lot either.

Going to see where I can get by the end of December, and then I might hit full bore prep in January for a big state show in April.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Training

I know what works for me and it's time to put it to good use and at the same time switch things up a bit. For example, I've been training chest and back together almost all year. I love doing it, but I'm going to do a different split just for spice. Back is also going to be with only biceps so I can properly hammer it.
I love training six days a week, it is very optimal for me but I just can't seem to make it happen due to my schedule. Everytime I get going I think it's going to work, and it does for a few weeks and then I start missing sessions.

So this is what I'm doing:
Day 1- Chest/Delts/Triceps
Day 2- Back/Biceps/Forearms
Day 3- Quads/Hamstrings/Calves

I will do abs here and there as I feel like lol. They are not a bad bodypart and when I diet down they look good so not a lot of reason to work them and make them bulky. I do want to work on my intercostals a little though.

The split will be: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. Going day 1, 2, 3, repeat. So the first week Friday will be day 1 again, then Monday will be Day 2 etc. This way I'm hitting each muscle directly about twice every 9 days or so. Depending on where it falls with the weekend I will have 3 to 5 days for a muscle to rest.

Here are my exercises for this go around(note: sometimes I will do something different that listed here depending on how I feel or if I get a wild hair up my ass)

Chest: Neck Press, Dips
Delts: Scott Press, Upright Rows
Triceps: Some form of DB extension, and reverse grip pressdowns
Back: Nautilus pullover, Nautilus pulldown and or chins, DB Rows, Seated low row widowmaker.
Biceps: Alt. DB curl and BB Drag Curl widowmaker
Forearms: Wrist curls, crossbody hammer curls
Quads: Squats, Hack sissy squat, maybe some high rep leg press if I feel like it.
Hamstrings: Lying leg curls, SLDL
Calves: various calf raises

This is going to be a low-medium volume routine. Everything will be 3-5 sets per muscle depending on how recovered I'm feeling except back which will probably get 9 to 12 sets. Probably 6 sets width and 6 sets thickness and a widow maker.

I like to train reverse pyramid, so after warming up I'll do my heaviest set first and then drop weight each successive set. Each set to failure, and the heavy set will be 8-10 reps(ish).

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
12/3/2012

Lets see if I can remember what I did yesterday...

Neck Press 3 sets, max 225
Dips 2 sets BW
Scott Press 3 sets, max 60lb DBs
Upright rows 2 sets, max 135lbs
Lying DB extensions 3 sets max 45lb DB's
Rev. grip tricep extensions max 140lbs.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Rite on Tri !! Thanks for taking the time . These Logs are an important tools to the young or even old to see peoples advancement in body changes and how they do it . Are you going to post body weight before , during , or after.? Next is your diet log? Lol.. U got time brutha . Jst jkin ! Im crappy at personal Logs cause my life is a log in itself ..

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
Looking good matey. I plan to do a log for 2013... I will just have it here. 2 forums is too much for me so I picked Anasci as my number 1. It was my first forum after all :)

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Rite on Tri !! Thanks for taking the time . These Logs are an important tools to the young or even old to see peoples advancement in body changes and how they do it . Are you going to post body weight before , during , or after.? Next is your diet log? Lol.. U got time brutha . Jst jkin ! Im crappy at personal Logs cause my life is a log in itself ..

I'll throw some diet in as I remember it. I'm not too structured now which has honestly been my problem for a while. I do well when I have an end date and a goal such as in prep. But for everyday life it's just too complicated. I have a wife and 2 kids so daddy eating on his own schedule and his own food every day every meal doesn't work out all the time. I like to eat dinner with my family, lol!

So what I do is try and feed the whole family healthier and or bodybuilding friendly food. Or when my wife cooks it's just what it is. She is a great cook and I'd be stupid to turn down her cooking.

So basically what I do is eat when I'm hungry. I try to get around 8oz of meat and 40-50g carbs. I don't add fat except that I cook in coconut and olive oil. Oh and I love cheese so I add that to some things also.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Back/Biceps

This is from yesterday

Nautilus pullover as a warmup. 3 sets of 12 with 140lbs on the stack, 20 sec. rest in between.

Nautilus pulldown. This is a very cool old nautilus machine I like to use since my gym doesn't have the Hammer Strength one I like. It's not a cable pulldown but a fixed arm that you pull down in front of you. Very cool.
I did 3 sets with 250, 210, 190lbs.

Seated HS rows supersetted with inverted TRX rows. I don't really count the inverted bodyweight rows I just go till I cant go any more. It's usually around 10-12.
I did 5 plates a side on the row, then 4 and then 3. Right to the TRX band to knock out the inverteds. SUPER upper back and lat pump with this.

2 Hand DB Row. Max 110lbers for 5, then 90 and 70lbs.

Seated low pulley row 1 set of 130 for 20.

Cross body hammer curls 3 sets, max of 60lbs

Alternating DB curl with THUMBS UNDER THE BAR. 3 sets, max was 40lbs for 7, then I did 30 and 25lbs.

Widow maker for bis was barbell drag curl, 70lbs for 21.

I only ate twice yesterday. I had some leftover cheesy Velveeta hamburger helper type stuff in the AM, a 16oz chocolate milk after training, and grabbed two pizzas after getting my kids from school and had 4 slices with a glass of milk.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Today is a scheduled off day. May go in and do some cardio and abs though if I feel like it later before I take a nap. Back to work tonight for 4 in a row 12 hour night shifts, yuck.
I'm gonna eat some cold pizza this morning. Got some chicken thawing out, going to bring some stir fry chicken and broccoli to work tonight.

Edit:
Bodyweight this morning was 241.6

Last edited:

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Pics from today

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354714081292.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354714081292.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 133
  • uploadfromtaptalk1354714104541.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354714104541.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 133
  • uploadfromtaptalk1354714123584.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354714123584.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 132

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Looking good bro...Look forward to seeing your progression!!

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Catch up

OK got to catch up with the last couple days.

12/6/12 was legs
I like to warm up my knees and legs by doing leg curls first(got that from John Meadows and it works really well).
So I use this old nautilus leg curl machine for 3 sets to failure with 120, 110 and 100lbs. This machine is weird because it "feels" much heavier than other lying leg curl machines. The stack only goes up to 150lbs and I'm not sure I could even do it all at this point. I did 120 for like 6 reps.

Counting warm ups I did like 5 sets of squats. Ended up with two working sets of 315x8. Just wasn't feeling it much yesterday.
Went over to the hack squat machine and did some deep sissy squats with one plate per side for 20 reps.

Then I did some calves in a sqaut machine. I got in it facing backwards and hung my heels off the edge. I did a total of 8 plates for 3 sets of 25, 25, and 18 reps.

Diet for yesterday was a protein shake in the AM, a glass of chocolate milk before training, chicken and veggies stir fry, and then a lean burger with cheese and spicy mustard and a greek yogurt at work for lunch.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
12/7/2013

Dry weight today was 239.
I worked last night so came home this AM and had 2 scoops Dyamtize Elite in 12oz half and half and went to bed.

Woke up about 3 and had leftover chicken and aisian vegetable stir fry and a glass of milk.

Was at the gym by about 4 to train Chest/delts/tris.
So my chest training today was unconventional from what I would normally do. I'm doing an unsanctioned bench press competition at the gym next saturday just for fun. Well, I don't train that way and haven't done a 1 rep max or even a double or triple in forever. So anyways I wanted to see where I'm at so I know what to shoot for next weekend.

So I warmed up with 2 sets of 135 for 15 fast reps. I did 225x4, and 315x2. Then I set a PR and did 345x1. Really wanted to get at least 365 today so I loaded the bar up and went for it. My elbows kind of hurt on the way down and I was slow going up and kind of paused a couple inches off my chest. My spotter got spooked and grabbed the bar just as I was getting it going again. He backed off right away but I wanted to do it again and make sure I could do it unassisted.
SO I rested a few minutes, got back under the bar, got my arch going and got mad at that shit. I lowered it REAL slow, touched the bottom of my chest and paused and fired that shit up. Felt really good to move that weight and I didn't get hung up at all. SO I think I may go for 380 or 385 in the meet. I think I'll open with 335 or 345 then do 365 and then my last attempt go for 380-385.

I counted that as my chest workout and moved on to close grip bench for triceps.
3 sets, 295x8, 265x9, 235x11

Finished with shoulders and did 3 sets of Scott presses.
70x8, 60x8, 55x9

After the gym I had a lean burger with cheddar cheese and a greek yogurt.

lunch tonight at work is some meatloaf my wife made before I left and some pineapple. Before you scoff at the meatloaf, she doesn't use any filler. Just lean ground beef, whole eggs and seasoning.

I picked up RTD muscle milk to drink toward the end of my shift if I get hungry again.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
NICE! Congrats on the PR.

I used to drink those RTDs but the price per meal using them was not very cost effective and I didn't trust a lot of the ingredients. I'm not sure what kind of job you have but at my desk I keep on of TN's mylar bags of protein and have a food scale and case of water, and in case I have to run to meetings off-site I have one bag in my car with another scale and a case of water. Anal? Maybe...but I get very disgruntled if I am hungry lol

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Oh trust me the muscle milk is not a staple, just something convenient to grab on the way to work.

Rory

Banned
Sep 29, 2012
I used to take muscle milk with my am workout. sipped it throughout the workout. Back in the 90s tho and loved it.

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
Yeah its still pretty good tasting, but like mental said, its got a lot of fillers and other stuff that may be suspect in it. I probably have like 2 a year from a gas station when I'm on the road or something.

I love true nutrition but the shipping is very slow and expensive to the east coast so I don't order from them as much as I used to.

Lately I've been using Dymatize elite and ultimate muscle protein from Beverly. I really like the Beverly international stuff. It tastes really good and I know it doesn't have any bullshit in it.