©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Roadglide's NPC heavyweight show prep

roadglide83

Feb 9, 2014
America
So I am currently prepping for my first contest that will be roughly 8 weeks from this coming weekend. I wanted to keep a log of my training and diet and also do some updated weekly pics if I can figure out how to download them LOL. I am 32yrs old and have been training since 15 mostly natural up till the last 1.5yrs. I am currently in the 230-240 range depending morning or night weight and what my food and water intake has been. I will go over my gear, training, cardio and food and try and be as detailed as possible. Again this is my first show and have many glaring flaws due to injuries and not greatest frame for bodybuilding but I am just trying to improve daily.

roadglide83

Feb 9, 2014
America
couple pics from last weekend. I weighed in at 235 in the morning before any food or water intake. Im 6ft tall also.

Attachments

• 315.JPG
    315.JPG
    302 KB · Views: 131
  • 316.JPG
    316.JPG
    276.9 KB · Views: 133

roadglide83

Feb 9, 2014
America
My current weight training is 6 days week hitting weak areas 2 times week (legs,arms). Its moderate reps and higher volume with FST-7 incorporated into it. I have had 3 hip surgeries and also some knee issues so my lower body training has to be very carefully monitored to make sure im not creating more issues. I am blessed with a fast metabolism and just started doing 15 min of fasted state cardio this week just walking outside.

My diet has changes this week to carb cycling but prior to this I was upwards of 450g carbs daily and my protein is very high in the 500g range. I eat about 24oz of beef per day and 18oz of chicken per day and about 9 scoops of whey per day. My carbs are sweet potatoes, white potatoes, grits, Ezekiel bread, Karbolyn, and vegtables. I have roughly 7 meals per day and also a pre/intra/post workout shake.

So far my energy has been amazing and my strength is actually about where it was or better than offseason which I was around 260lbs offseason. I actually feel much healthier at a lower bodyweight but I know at my height I will eventually need to be in the 260-300 range offseason to fill out for the supers in the next couple years.

roadglide83

Feb 9, 2014
America
What have you been running chem wise

This is where I'm currently at 8 weeks out. Don't think I will go to much higher except switch a couple things as get closer to show.
900mg EQ WEEK
600mg mast prop week
600mg NPP week
600mg tren ace week
300mg test prop week
75mg Tbol daily
7iu GH daily
1mg arimidex daily
My body does not do well with test of any type and I get very bad test flu almost daily with anything over 300mg week. I will keep most of this the same except try and push tren to around 1g and also switch to anavar next week instead of Tbol and also add winni and halo tabs towards end. I will pull out the EQ and NPP around 4 weeks and maybe then bump up other compounds.

roadglide83

Feb 9, 2014
America
Tonight was chest/light tric workout. I have a separate day later in week for arms but tonight was just touch up work.
Seated machine chest press-4 sets *all reps are 8-10 range mostly
Flat DB press-3 sets
Incline hammer machine press-3 sets
Cable flys-FST-7
Tric push down-FST-7
Few sets of abs...I rarely train abs but precontest trying to hit them couple times week.
My evening weight tonight after my last big meal was 242 so I'm prolly setting low 230s in morning now. Should be no problem making heavyweight most likely setting somewhere in low 220s I'm guessing.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Do you ever do dips?

Tonight was chest/light tric workout. I have a separate day later in week for arms but tonight was just touch up work.
Seated machine chest press-4 sets *all reps are 8-10 range mostly
Flat DB press-3 sets
Incline hammer machine press-3 sets
Cable flys-FST-7
Tric push down-FST-7
Few sets of abs...I rarely train abs but precontest trying to hit them couple times week.
My evening weight tonight after my last big meal was 242 so I'm prolly setting low 230s in morning now. Should be no problem making heavyweight most likely setting somewhere in low 220s I'm guessing.

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Keep up the good work! I love logs like these.
If I may ask what were the hip surgeries for?

roadglide83

Feb 9, 2014
America
Do you ever do dips?

I have tried doing them off and on in past but for whatever reason maybe due to my extremely long arms they always seen to stress my shoulders and never seem to really feel the movement as much in the chest area. My long arms have made chest training a challenge over the years. My shoulder pressing movements are almost the same strength as my chest pressing movements.

roadglide83

Feb 9, 2014
America
Keep up the good work! I love logs like these.
If I may ask what were the hip surgeries for?

I had hip impingement/labral tear and also had a tendon on lateral side of hip that was torn. Mostly due to hip issues as a child but sports and heavy lifting over the years also took a toll. I am no longer able to do any type of deep squatting movements that involve me opening up my hips but I can still do medium stance smith squats and v-squat and other movements like leg press, lunges etc.

roadglide83

Feb 9, 2014
America
This was from a couple weeks ago but you can see I do have some issues with my right quad due to injuring my knee. It is just lacking in detail due to me favoring it over the years and its hard for me to get separation to come out. Oh and my calves suck but I really train the hell out of them just another lagging area that I need to bring up offseason.

Attachments

• 297.PNG
    297.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 126

roadglide83

Feb 9, 2014
America
I guess I also forgot to add that I am doing a couple different things to help with fat loss.
T4-100mcg morning and 50mcg later in day
Clen-80mcg morning and 40 later in day
Also 3 weeks ago I started doing humalog 8iu pre and 8iu post workout. I really feel like this has made me so much fuller and I have even continued to lean up since starting. I literally gained 8lbs in 3 weeks and got leaner and fuller each week without changing anything else besides adding the slin. I feel this will be a major addition to my offseason regimen.