©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Battle for Life

Ferocity

May 15, 2016
When I look back at pictures of when I had a eating disorder it almost seems unreal because you don't realize how badly it warps you mentally. I was lucky enough to survive because of a family that cared and wouldn't give up.

Bottom right is when I weighed my lowest and top left is where I currently am. Now I just want to build muscle and strength and be happy. :)

z0C2YH0.jpg

lycan Venom

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 22, 2013
Thanks for sharing and briefly talking about your experience. I am sure many will find motivation in this. Good job and keep it up.

vernall

Apr 15, 2016
London
Ferocity, good for you
Can you share with us you diet and how much time you spent in the gym?
Are you doing any other sports?For example, i love cycling it helps me very much!

Ferocity

May 15, 2016
Total time spent in the gym to get this far through recovery has been two and a half years. I worked out 5 times a week and still do that currently.

When I first started recovering the main issue I had was eating things high in fiber, as well as some of the harder to digest protein like beef. I had messed my digestive system up to the point to where it was actually almost painful to eat these types of foods. So when I first came out of recovery and once I hit a safe weight I mainly lived on veggies and scrambled eggs in coconut oil for quite a few months. Just slowly introducing lean beef in by tiny amounts, same for high fiber veggies like spinach.

Protein wise my diet today includes: Eggs, Lean Beef, Chicken, and I treat myself with salmon at least once a week.

Veggies (very picky about this): Spinach, Green Beans, and some times broccoli.

Some times I will indulge in fruits as post workout treat, but I try to stay away from things that are high in sugar because it makes me feel very lethargic.

I do love long distance running, but I do have to be careful how much I run because I burn muscle so incredibly fast if I'm not careful! Plus I do have a left knee that I had injured previously.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
You have made some great changes and are on the right path!

Continue pushing forward and always keep reaching for your goals!

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
You have made some great changes and are on the right path!

Continue pushing forward and always keep reaching for your goals!

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Congratulations! Your story is inspiring!!

What are your goals at this point?

Ferocity

May 15, 2016
I want to compete in figure and powerlifting.

If I can ever get financially stable I would love to help other girls/women struggling through eating disorders and prove to them that it is possible over come the disease and recover. The key is just time and willing to have a certain level or patience and tolerance for yourself and those trying to help. I'm not going to sugar coat them and say the mental part will ever complete disappear, but it is possible to hush it to certain degree.

Ferocity

May 15, 2016
I want to compete in figure and powerlifting.

If I can ever get financially stable I would love to help other girls/women struggling through eating disorders and prove to them that it is possible over come the disease and recover. The key is just time and willing to have a certain level or patience and tolerance for yourself and those trying to help. I'm not going to sugar coat them and say the mental part will ever complete disappear, but it is possible to hush it to certain degree.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
It makes me very happy to read (and reread) motivational stories like yours.

You've made incredible progress and have should be very proud of that. The fact that you want to help others who are suffering is tremendously generous and caring and I know that you'll be an amazing source of inspiration to those who need it from someone who understands their struggle. Just keep pushing and reaching for those dreams.
Grim

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I love this post! Good for you. I don't fully understand eating disorders, but you have my admiration that you turned that around. Who knows what other lives you may unknowingly touch by this post. You look just great now and you should be very, very proud!