©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

just a few questions guys....

dcnj610

Jan 11, 2013
nj
Just wanted to give everyone a hello since i'm a new member. Been reading some threads in various forums and I am very impressed with the knowledge of the members of this site. I was also wondering if anyone could help me out with a problem of mine. First i'll give you my stats currently i'm 22 years old 5'7 with an okay diet and I have 5+ years of lifting experience. About a year and a half ago I was in a terrible car accident that left me with deviated discs in my back and neck, after that it was hard to get back into lifting the way I used to be.. In my prime I weighed 175 and had about 6% body fat. I lost a lot of weight because of pain medication and not being able to eat. Currently I weigh 145 and consume about 3500 calories a day just to maintain my weight. My body isn't what it used to be but slowly I can feel myself recovering. Basically i'm ready to get on cycle and am just wondering what I should take to gain back most of my weight as I feel i'm stuck where I currently am. Been lifting constantly for the past 6 months after a year off from the gym due to my accident. Did one cycle of test around when turned 20 but only did it for 8 weeks at 250mlg's per week.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
I think you should stay off the AAS till completely healed and that way the body has recovered from that bad accident . Me personnally if I was in your situation I would eat well, cardio and get back to the gym where you could personally use AAS to it's full advantage . Some compounds are excellent for tendon recovery which possibly could assist in your recovery but a bulk type cycle could worsen your situation due to increased muscle size but no tendon strength to support the muscle which in turn could be possible tears etc.. You are young , lots of free natural test in your body and muscle has excellent memory so get back to where you were before the accident IMO .. Welcome to Anasci ..

If you can get a blood test of free test in your body along with other numbers you could see how you are doing health wise cause maybe test is suppressed or thru the roof and you can adjust accordingly..

Last edited:

vpiedu

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
solid advice from IB. you could really aggravate your condition if you were to put on mass or even more tension on your muscles right now. your body is an amazing machine! when you sustain an injury it actually shuts down certain parts of your body muscularly to keep you from further injuring yourself while you are healing. Please allow yourself to heal and once you feel you have healed wait another year before you asses the situation. you only have one body and yours has taken a beating and needs to be fully healed and then you will be able to return to your former glory and certainly surpass it, just be patient. take your time, you are young and like IB said get some bloods drawn and see where you are. welcome here bro and good luck!

VP

dcnj610

Jan 11, 2013
nj
thanks for the replies bro's @ironbuilt what compounds are you referring too believe it or not my free test levels are quite low for someone my age i get labs around 4 times per year since I was 17 years old. My levels have never been past 300. I get them tested so much because my doctor was perplexed as to why they were so low. Still he is hesitant to prescribe trt because of my age but I am currently looking for another doctor. Also the most energy and general feeling of good health i've ever had was the 8 weeks on a bottle of watson test e my friend got me.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
1)Concentrate on recovery from the accident.2) Discontinue pain meds when you no longer REQUIRE) them. 3)Stay away from the aas til your circumstances are well sorted . 4 At your age I'd be looking into getting my own test level to increase. 5) Dont ever state words "in my prime" while in same room with me being that you are 22 . J/K.
Good luck this is a really good place to hang for what you are trying to accomplish.. T

chinadragon

Banned
Nov 21, 2012
I'm a huge advocate of dieting first before any aas especially for younger guys with injuries. AAS will cause a fast increase in strength and most young guys want to lift heavy and guess what happens with those injuries? They end up having life long injuries cuz of it. Do more rehab and build naturally for a lil while longer. Course you are going to do what you want, that's just my advice. I've got 20+ years experience in bb and personal training. Been on these boards since their inception in the early 2000s. I know my post number doesn't say it, but I have been.