©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Sleep apnea from gear!!!

Adam_david

Oct 1, 2013
Ok so I've never had an issue with it before but after this run of high test, EQ, an short run of tren I wake myself up snoring. From what my wife says it's like a chain saw.
Does this go away after the cycle or have I screwed myself?

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
it's weight related, we did a study on our football team in college and found roughly 1/3 of them suffered from sleep apnea...from the weight of their chests and neck...you can take air in but the weight prevents you from exhaling it all so c02 rises in your blood and your body wakes you up before you enter REM sleep...because u become paralyzed in rem you would suffocate if your body didn't wake you up...got insurance? time for a sleep study and bipap

also...it's really no big deal and you will feel much better with one, congrats on getting big enough to need one, if u do infact qualify for the diagnosis with a sleep study...it's like a badge of honor!

also you could prolly find a used one on craigslist if you don't have insurance... sheets expensive

Last edited:

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
AD, snoring isn't sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is when you cease breathing. Snoring definitely has its issues as well.

I don't think I would call it a badge of honor! LOL! It's not only weight related either. Sleeping on your back can cause one to breath through their mouth. If the jaw "slides" back and the tongue partially blocks the air way, this will cause snoring and intermittent breathing issues. It's known as Obstructive Sleep Apnoea Syndrome (OSAS). Obstructive sleep apnoea: one hypoxic night increases daytime blood pressure |

Last edited:

bigpoppie

Mar 24, 2012
it's weight related, we did a study on our football team in college and found roughly 1/3 of them suffered from sleep apnea...from the weight of their chests and neck...you can take air in but the weight prevents you from exhaling it all so c02 rises in your blood and your body wakes you up before you enter REM sleep...because u become paralyzed in rem you would suffocate if your body didn't wake you up...got insurance? time for a sleep study and bipap

also...it's really no big deal and you will feel much better with one, congrats on getting big enough to need one, if u do infact qualify for the diagnosis with a sleep study...it's like a badge of honor!

also you could prolly find a used one on craigslist if you don't have insurance... sheets expensive

Shit im king fuckin kong then cause I shake the dam house all night:headbang:

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
AD, snoring isn't sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is when you cease breathing. Snoring definitely has its issues as well.

I don't think I would call it a badge of honor! LOL! It's not only weight related either. Sleeping on your back can cause one to breath through their mouth. If the jaw "slides" back and the tongue partially blocks the air way, this will cause snoring and intermittent breathing issues. It's known as Obstructive Sleep Apnoea Syndrome (OSAS). Obstructive sleep apnoea: one hypoxic night increases daytime blood pressure |

this is true, you could need just a breath right strip or jaw thrust mouthpiece...hence me saying a sleep study will find out for sure...but if 1/3 of 18-22 year old football players needed a cpap/bipap.....

Hypertrophy3

Jun 22, 2014
Cpap

I have used a cpap machine for the last 8yrs. I had go to a sleep study in order to diagnose this. Since then, my sleep has been great. truth be told, I was severely overweight (375lbs), but since I got down to 285ish, ive needed it less. If you need help, pm me. s

Adam_david

Oct 1, 2013
Nah it seems the place where my throat meets my sinus has enlarged, swollen or something. I can breath in but it won't come out. I wake up several times a night with that part of my throat completely dried out. It's terrible and has only started in the last 10 lbs I've gained. As long as it will go away I'm ok with it but man I hope it's no permanent.

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
There's a company that advertises on the radio here that says they can craft a thing that goes in your mouth like a retainer that avoids needing a cpap machine. They specifically state that it is instead of a cpap.

Anybody tried this? Anybody else heard of this?

Adam_david

Oct 1, 2013
I'm sorry I thought about it after I posted last night but I had it backward. It's hard to breath IN I have no problem breathing out

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Get a sleep test ..it the only way to really know as they hook sensors to your brain and body and video tape you all night. .. sleep apnea is a silent killer. Raises bp, and causes all kinds of health issues.. I know. I got a cpap machine and cant sleep without it.

naplestraining

Jul 19, 2014
S. Florida
.............I'm going to jump in here
I'm new on this board ( my old board Freakz-muscle creations died) but I have experience with this.
a few years back while competing, I gained wt. It caused sleep apna, I got the overnight study and was given a cpap.
After dieting down for a contest, my wife and I noticed it lessened. But I still had it.
The mask and "Darth Vador" breathing was not cutting it, so I got a mouth piece. Much quieter and easier to deal with.
I just ordered a custom one from my dentist, ($800) I think this will do the trick.
Sleep apna puts a tremendous amount of stress on your heart and blood pressure.
MY advice? forget the capap and get the mouth piece.
good luck - and don't get f8cken fat!

Alinshop

May 20, 2013
.............I'm going to jump in here
I'm new on this board ( my old board Freakz-muscle creations died) but I have experience with this.
a few years back while competing, I gained wt. It caused sleep apna, I got the overnight study and was given a cpap.
After dieting down for a contest, my wife and I noticed it lessened. But I still had it.
The mask and "Darth Vador" breathing was not cutting it, so I got a mouth piece. Much quieter and easier to deal with.
I just ordered a custom one from my dentist, ($800) I think this will do the trick.
Sleep apna puts a tremendous amount of stress on your heart and blood pressure.
MY advice? forget the capap and get the mouth piece.
good luck - and don't get f8cken fat!

Had no idea a mouth piece might correct an issue like that. Interesting.

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
a cpap/bipap will do a better job by using positive pressure to "stint" your airways open thus un obstructing airflow

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
never heard that about the vacuum, I know Dr. Forrest Bird created the first intermittent positive pressure breathing machine for a friends grandmother who had emphysema that was actuated by a door knob...it was basically a ventilator... he created a ventilator for premature babies called the babybird that dropped premature infant mortality rate from 70 to 10%... dude is a badass...he got his medical license while being grounded from test piloting cause he had a double ocular hemorrhage from a pressure suit malfunction...legend goes he made his fortune in ww2, when he reversed engineered a downed German aircraft that had oxygen masks drop from the ceiling if cabin pressure failed, he then sold this idea to the airlines and still gets paid a commission to this day...

Last edited:

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
I got this In blue.. unit has humidifier so air to nose isnt dry which makes nasal passages dry etc. Was thinkn of adding vodka not distilled water to vape and rape in my sleep.. :)

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 68

xchewbaccax777

Aug 13, 2013
Get a sleep test ..it the only way to really know as they hook sensors to your brain and body and video tape you all night. .. sleep apnea is a silent killer. Raises bp, and causes all kinds of health issues.. I know. I got a cpap machine and cant sleep without it.

Love my cpap

naplestraining

Jul 19, 2014
S. Florida
Update on my new mouthpiece.
Works great!!! My wife says she sleeps all night, that means I do as well.
It cost me $800 -+ and well worth it.

Attachments

• mouthpiece.jpg
    mouthpiece.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 40