©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

How do you start to increase cals on Bulking cycle?

E-Volve

Feb 9, 2013
do you jump right in or do you wait a while and then jump.
Maybe you just slowly increase from start or you wait a couple weeks and then slowly increase?

Anyway I'm interested to hear some opinions on this.
Not sure if type of gear would be a factor or not, but share your thoughts if you think it does.

Cerberus777

AnaSCI VIP
Nov 1, 2012
How easy do you add body fat? I do easily. So the first few weeks coming off a cruise I'll maybe bump it up a 200 cal a day around workouts. Then slowly add so my mass is quality.

E-Volve

Feb 9, 2013
ehhh well I can really pack it on. I love to eat.
Eating 5k-7k isn't to hard for me. Especially if its junk food.
Only thing that limits it is lots of liquid and carbs since I'll just bloat and be to full.
I have my idea of what I will do, just curious how others do it.
Im planning to just slowly increase til I hit the numbers I think I should be at.
Going to try and keep things tight as I can while I add on the mass

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
Good thread E-Volve. I don't think it takes a lot of caloric increase right away. Slow and steady, based on a weekly total. Consistent, good eating.

E-Volve

Feb 9, 2013
I'm now up 5 lbs in 3 days from eating reduced cals. Glad I didn't jus jump in with crazy cals. Wasn't expecting to bloat so quickly.
In the past it took a week or so to do that while eating in excess

vpiedu

Oct 31, 2012
yep, great advice here. slowly adding and ensuring good calories is smart. i had to learn this the hard way as i used to just go crazy and then deal with the fat loss later. i am fortunate that i can add and loose quite easily but ultimately this is not good for your overall health. best of luck!

VP

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
If you added one quality protein drink per day from your regular regime, at about 300 calories or so, that's over 2k calories per week and 8k calories per month to your totals, just from drinking 12 oz or so per day.

Some people over do it I think, doesn't take much to start nudging up the calories significantly.

E-Volve

Feb 9, 2013
dear lord im up 8lbs now. little scared of what I gain in surplus or even at maintenance

Alinshop

May 20, 2013
yep, great advice here. slowly adding and ensuring good calories is smart. i had to learn this the hard way as i used to just go crazy and then deal with the fat loss later. i am fortunate that i can add and loose quite easily but ultimately this is not good for your overall health. best of luck!

VP

Yep, slow and steady wins the long race, but we all like to put the pedal to the medal everyonce in a while.

CM

IFBB Pro
Nov 1, 2012
100-500 per day until you normalize, then increase again the same amount, and repeat until you reach caloric needs

jumping in is a mistake you will regret. indulge yes, but dont jump...step slow

Antonion

May 29, 2013
If you included one top quality proteins consume per day from your frequent program, at about 300 calorie consumption or so, that's over 2k calorie consumption weekly and 8k calorie consumption monthly to your somme, just from consuming 12 oz or so per day.