©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Steroids comparison- superior quality now or back in the 80's/90's?

swolesearcher

AnaSCI VET
May 31, 2013
Hey brothers, this thread is especially for those of you who are 40+
I'd like to hear from you what you think about the quality/purity of the gear these days compared to back in the days. Which is better?
Thank you

cuz

Mar 7, 2006
Back in the 80's and 90's you could get legit pharm and vet grade. On the downside it was triple the price of underground. Most of the UG I've tried has worked. The thing that concerns me most is whats in it and possible infections. I would prefer pharm grade, but now days, that's being widely counterfeited.

Last edited:

mikeystrong

Jun 20, 2013
A Igloo in Canada
ya man u got to many "self made chems". I live in a small town but I go to the city lots through the week and weekends. There is this guy in the city that used to sell booger sugar but got caught so now he sells gear. This clown gets his hands on some knockoff bullshit products, mixes like 2 or 3 of them then sells it to all us gearheads in the hardcore gyms around the city. He makes his own labels with shiny hologram bullshit on them and labels his shitty mixes as legit pharm grade "trenbolone" or "deca durabolin" or others. I have never got anything from this moron but I just think there is to many of these guys out there.

solegenius

Apr 10, 2013
I lift regularly with a few guys in their 50s and they said while the gear felt stronger back then it could also be because it was their first time taking it. Even with a decade long break they still feel it was stronger tho. China isn't exactly known for their stringent quality control so perhaps there's contaminants in current productions or even incomplete synthesis which results in weaker products and subsequently much higher doses.

Cerberus777

AnaSCI VIP
Nov 1, 2012
Im 38 so I was just starting back then....but 2 cc of sust was great 3 was almost to much.
and anyone could grow on 400mg of EQ. And the orals were much stronger.

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
Fella's I'd be lying If I said they didn't feel stronger back in the day. Nothing like the first few cycles....But I have had some decent stuff in the past few years. Really hard to say for sure.....

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I think the human grade stuff in those days was superior as far as total overall quality (dependable, no knots, burning etc.). But what you could get was somewhat limited and hit and miss (at least for me) It was pretty much, test, sustenon and dbol where I was. The other stuff was hit and miss. The selection of what you can get and pricing is way better now, so I think today is better. I got a lot of bang per mg in those early cycles, but I think your first cycles always tend to be that way.

MightyJohn

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
I think it depends on the product for instance test to Me is the same if You get a good source....where on the flipside Anadrol or Dbol are NOTHING compared to what it used to be

mikeystrong

Jun 20, 2013
A Igloo in Canada
I think it depends on the product for instance test to Me is the same if You get a good source....where on the flipside Anadrol or Dbol are NOTHING compared to what it used to be

That's a shame, I don't have a street source. I order my gear from one of the sources provided by this site. It sucks that dbol and anadrol aren't as good now... shitty :(

FordFan

Nov 12, 2012
I'm not 40+, but started gear in the late 90's. for me, price was a lot higher. Everything was either pharm or vet grade. My selection was pretty open. It was just the price. 1 amp of organon sus 250 was $18-20 on the street. $6 if you were in the "group".

Cerberus777

AnaSCI VIP
Nov 1, 2012
I think the human grade stuff in those days was superior as far as total overall quality (dependable, no knots, burning etc.). But what you could get was somewhat limited and hit and miss (at least for me) It was pretty much, test, sustenon and dbol where I was. The other stuff was hit and miss. The selection of what you can get and pricing is way better now, so I think today is better. I got a lot of bang per mg in those early cycles, but I think your first cycles always tend to be that way.

Unless you were driving down south your self or had a good friend that did. Prices are much better...even if you need more.

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
I have had a lot of experience with Pharma grade and ugls..

I think a lot of this comes down to that back in the day who could afford to run the doses we do now, back then a good cycle was 500 test and 30mg dbol.

With prices and availability these days that cycle looks like a joke, so I think we've just burnt our bodies out on huge cycles and we rare come off these too. I think we made more of what we had then.

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
There was nothing but US pharm grade in the early-mid 80's, so really it was incomparable.

Fakes started popping up quite a bit towards the end of the decade and things just started slowly eroding from there as far as quality and US pharm grade stuff being available.

The late 60's - early 80's were the golden age of bodybuilding. The time to be around. I envy those guys as far as that's concerned.