©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Bad shot

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
Hey guys, I've got a knot under my skin. It's in my delt. I am assuming that it was an inject gone wrong. I have been massaging it but no change yet. Any advice? It doesn't hurt and is not to noticeable. I just don't want it to become a problem. Thanks. BB

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
I have had it happen.... As long as it goes down in a few days your ok but if it get warm to the touch or turns red I would be concerned

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
I have had it happen.... As long as it goes down in a few days your ok but if it get warm to the touch or turns red I would be concerned

Exactly you should be fine in a few days as long as its not red, swollen or warm to the touch. Different compounds tend to leave knots. ie 400mg test

Knowalink

Aug 3, 2013
Happens to me once in a while also, and it has always gone away within a week to a week and a half.

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Question- is it right under the skin or within the muscle?

Usually you'll get a superficial knot if you pierce a vein, it will cause hematoma right under the skin and looks like a bruise to a degree. This is just a blood pool that's collected right under the skin and is totally normal and okay.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
If it was a vial, I assume you haven't had problems with the other injects? I always massage the area vigorously after each pin. As long as it doesn't get inflamed I think you are fine, it will go down eventually. Maybe try a warm compress for a few days.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
As mentioned above watch for the area getting warm/hot and or red.
If you have access to a strong whirlpool sit is that witha strong jet directed on the area in question. Use it like a nice water massage and it will help break that up . Some times we move a needle around during an inj . this can give ya few days worth of a sore spot without there being any infection problem.
Very common. best insurance after the being sterile as possible part is brand new needle for the actual inj. One that has not been touched by rubber stopper.
I also noticed I get more of a sore spot at times from too THIN of a needle.
I tend to move the jab around way more on a really slow shot. I get less sore on a glute shot if I use a 22-23 vs 25 gauge. Long as its not warm /red you will be ok. Thx , T...

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
Question- is it right under the skin or within the muscle?

Usually you'll get a superficial knot if you pierce a vein, it will cause hematoma right under the skin and looks like a bruise to a degree. This is just a blood pool that's collected right under the skin and is totally normal and okay.

It's in the muscle. No bruise. It's hard. Two weeks ago I had trouble pushing the oil thru the pin. I thought I was in some scar tissue. It seems to be getting smallw.er now with strong massage. Thanks bro.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
As mentioned above watch for the area getting warm/hot and or red.
If you have access to a strong whirlpool sit is that witha strong jet directed on the area in question. Use it like a nice water massage and it will help break that up . Some times we move a needle around during an inj . this can give ya few days worth of a sore spot without there being any infection problem.
Very common. best insurance after the being sterile as possible part is brand new needle for the actual inj. One that has not been touched by rubber stopper.
I also noticed I get more of a sore spot at times from too THIN of a needle.
I tend to move the jab around way more on a really slow shot. I get less sore on a glute shot if I use a 22-23 vs 25 gauge. Long as its not warm /red you will be ok. Thx , T...

I think you may be onto something with the stopper. I've been filling up syringes and leaving it in there for a day or two. The oil is EO.. could be part of the problem.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
I'm eo sensitive . It is cumulative too. longer I use any EO products the more
my body reacts. Sucks for me because there are Items i'd like to indulge in that
contain EO.... Sounds like it's getting better? T

ken913

Sep 24, 2013
Kansas City
I have one now from T400, did the shot on Tuesday and it felt like someone high me in the thigh with a baseball bat on wednesday now its just a knot..I went to the doc and he said it wasn't infected but I have been going to the gym and spending like 30 min a day in the hot tub which is helping alot.

the doc thinks i nicked a nerve in my outside thigh its slowly going down...the hot tub seems to be helping. going again this am.

Last edited:

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
Yep, mine is gone now. Took about 10 days total. I just kept massaging it. Thanks for the support guys. Ken, enjoy the hot tub!

ken913

Sep 24, 2013
Kansas City
I also just read that if you take a 18g needle and repeatedly jab the stopper to drawn up your med, small peices of rubber can be broken off and drawn up or fall into your vial. I gotta get some smaller ones.

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
I also just read that if you take a 18g needle and repeatedly jab the stopper to drawn up your med, small peices of rubber can be broken off and drawn up or fall into your vial. I gotta get some smaller ones.

Use blunt needles