©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Same time every year

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Well, like all the years before, my gym is inundated with a bunch of women in colorful neon clad spandex and dudes with head sets and lifting gloves. I find myself shorting a set just to run over and get on the next piece of equipment I need to train on.

What I get a kick out of is seeing how full the supplement bar is. It's stacked two deep with everyone waiting for there liquid fat and carbs that will make them (((JACKED))). "Oh yes, please add a banana to my chocolate, protein milk shake." There's literally a girl walking around the gym asking if they would like to sample the shots on her tray. Good old Retro Fitness. A whole new crop of folks with no idea what gym edict means. " Wow, you look great for your age, what's the best way to build up my arms?":sniper: I often wonder how I would look if there was a REAL gym with in driving range of me.lol

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
This is why I have have recently started training very late in the night :p I trained about 6pm the other day and never again! They had a personal trainer showing about 15 new people how to use each piece of equipment.

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
I do 5am
not to bad then
As I have aged my face isn't so pretty.
People kind of get out my way or don't bother me

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
I do 5am
not to bad then
As I have aged my face isn't so pretty.
People kind of get out my way or don't bother me

I could never get up that early. I have been training about 10pm. It's still fairly busy but nothing too bad. That suits me as I don't like training in an empty gym.

lycan Venom

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 22, 2013
Uugghhh I think I would have a heart attack from the rage if I went to a gym again. Sorry to hear and it will last for about 4-8 weeks until they leave and then the "im trying to get my beach body" people come in next. Revolving door of fad diets and workouts. Smh.

IRONFIST

Apr 20, 2007
This is why I have have recently started training very late in the night :p .

i hate this time of year. i end up having to do the same.

was hoping the colder winter this year would have kept them inside :D

at least only a month or two of this every year and things get back to normal:headbang:

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
I got kinda lucky this year. They just opened a Planet Fatness here, so everyone left my gym to go there. It’s like a fucking ghost town in there. I drove by PF at 11:00 at night and there’s 50 cars outside still.

grizz

Mar 28, 2016
It's the best part about training in the garage. The worst part is when it's below zero in there.

SURGE

Aug 26, 2010
I got kinda lucky this year. They just opened a Planet Fatness here, so everyone left my gym to go there. It’s like a fucking ghost town in there. I drove by PF at 11:00 at night and there’s 50 cars outside still.

I have been lucky as well. My gym is fairly new and in a quiet area. I trained about 6pm last night and there were about 20 people in there and it's not small.

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
I have been lucky as well. My gym is fairly new and in a quiet area. I trained about 6pm last night and there were about 20 people in there and it's not small.

Lucky. My gym is quite small so even with 20 people in they can get in your way. I can be patient but it's annoying having to change your workout due to the crowds. I would never go to my gym at 6pm that is for sure. I would like a home gym one day but don't have the space for it where I am now.