©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

What’s keeping most people from being freaks??

roadglide83

Feb 9, 2014
America
I have been involved in the competitive powerlifting/bodybuilding for about 20yrs now and and about half of that was non tested federations. What I always wonder specially after going to the Arnold agin this year is how big of a gap there is between your average juice head and some of the top national level or pro bodybuilders or top/elite level powerlifters. I’m talking size and strength. I generally walk around at 240ish lbs at 6ft tall and maybe 8-10% bodyfat and I feel very small and weak compared to these guys. Where is the major disconnect is it all genetics or is it drugs, diet, training? It just blows my mind every time I get around elite level people that it doesn’t seem humanly possible to achieve that level of muscularity and strength.

G-FLUX

Jul 27, 2017
Few people do what it really takes in the gym and in the kitchen to fuel anabolism. The same can be said for a lot of natural guys.

Then obviously gear/genetics come into play but its truly the eating and training that people just DO NOT do to truly become a freak

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
FLUX I really have to agree on all of your points. I thought I was training my ass off and then I started Fortitude training and found out how *OFF POINT* my previous training has been. I can't speak highly enough about this form of training. I will go out on a limb and say there is no other form of training that's this intense with out a partner involved.
Now all I need to grow is to have my diet on maximum without getting over 8 to10%. I hate the chub. BTW: I got typical white guy genetics so freak is something I can only dream about..........

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Most people do not fallow threw 100% on there plan
On of the major - major things is CONSISTENCY
genetics is big - but year in and year out - Mott taking breaks for a month - 6 months and on and on.
I know for me I could have done something big but I get so fucking side tracked - will my body still let me do it - fuck knows but we will find out soon enough

roadglide83

Feb 9, 2014
America
Few people do what it really takes in the gym and in the kitchen to fuel anabolism. The same can be said for a lot of natural guys.

Then obviously gear/genetics come into play but its truly the eating and training that people just DO NOT do to truly become a freak

I agree with you because I see so many guys skipping the heavy progressive overload barbell work that IMO should be the base of everyone’s training at least the first 5-10yrs. The food thing is another area that lacks for most people but like someone else said it’s generally more the consistency standpoint.

What I have seen is how you have certain individuals who I’m sure you have seen over the years that no matter how much force feeding they do they generally only put on small amounts of bodyfat and just see pure scale weight going up and not large amounts of fat gained. These are the people who amaze me because they can run average cycles or maybe even low compared to some yet add 10-20lbs of pure stage weight in a 1-2 year period and stay lean the entire time while doing it and then on top of that do that year after year specially at the beggining of their bodybuilding careers.

roadglide83

Feb 9, 2014
America
FLUX I really have to agree on all of your points. I thought I was training my ass off and then I started Fortitude training and found out how *OFF POINT* my previous training has been. I can't speak highly enough about this form of training. I will go out on a limb and say there is no other form of training that's this intense with out a partner involved.
Now all I need to grow is to have my diet on maximum without getting over 8 to10%. I hate the chub. BTW: I got typical white guy genetics so freak is something I can only dream about..........

I have bought the fortitude E-book and was very interested in the program but I tend to struggle with past injuries at times and was worried about the frequency causing issues flairing up my knees or hips. Have you noticed and struggles with the increased frequency from this program?

rmtt

Donating Member
Jul 31, 2007
Most people do not fallow threw 100% on there plan
On of the major - major things is CONSISTENCY
genetics is big - but year in and year out - Mott taking breaks for a month - 6 months and on and on.
I know for me I could have done something big but I get so fucking side tracked - will my body still let me do it - fuck knows but we will find out soon enough

This right here...consistency. Years of day in and day out grinding. Food first, always making progress in your training, and then the "supplements" are just the icing on the cake.

But all of that above is nothing without the genetics for it. I consider myself below average/average when it comes to genetics. My former training partner was a genetic freak.

ESPN contracts....8 world titles in 6 weight classes, something like 26 national titles. Now don't get me wrong.....he trained his ass off like nothing I ever seen....and did it for years. Looked better than most people before he ever touched a drug. Once he went on.....he blew completely up.

But when it came to diet....he would tell you straight up that he couldn't give you advice there. He could eat lucky charms, hot dogs, Big Macs, and drink beer all day...and frequently did as I went to a lot of competitions with him.

But I don't ever think I seen him without abs showing while sporting massive amounts of muscle.

G-FLUX

Jul 27, 2017

Thats exactly why I ALWAYS combine some aspect of FT training into all the programs I do or create.

Now you just need to do FT with Dr. Scott...then train with Tom Platz :) you learn super quick that your mind is fucking stronger than your body and you'll keep going and going and then outta no where realize your trying to move but your body just wont.

Your physique is DAMN impressive! Age regardless, you have a physique many aspire to have!

G-FLUX

Jul 27, 2017
I agree with you because I see so many guys skipping the heavy progressive overload barbell work that IMO should be the base of everyone’s training at least the first 5-10yrs. The food thing is another area that lacks for most people but like someone else said it’s generally more the consistency standpoint.

AHH I hate that!!! THATS WHERE ALL THE FREAKING GROWTH IS!!!

Don't get me wrong, every exercise variation has its place as long as your ability to contract and overload is there....but the overload capacity is so high with barbells it makes them most effective long term

lntense

Donating Member
Jul 25, 2012
Most guys in the industry don't like hearing it. But it's absolutely GENETICS.

That's not limited to just proportions and how big you can get naturally, but how well the body responds to drugs and all the food.

Some guys train like bitches and still have amazing physiques. Poor genetics are what is keeping "most" guys from progressing further.

rmtt

Donating Member
Jul 31, 2007
AHH I hate that!!! THATS WHERE ALL THE FREAKING GROWTH IS!!!

Don't get me wrong, every exercise variation has its place as long as your ability to contract and overload is there....but the overload capacity is so high with barbells it makes them most effective long term
Agree 100%.

I started out long ago. It took awhile, but I found out that my body loved low rep high volume work.

I started doing Westside....then for the last 5+ years I've been doing Wendler's stuff...or a variation of it.

But concentrating on nothing but increasing my weights used in Squats, Dead lifts, Bench, Overhead Press. Anything else was to support the development of these lifts...or work put in for shoulder health.

But beating your logbook even if it meant 1-3 weeks of periodization training is what my body thrived on.

As I've gotten older.....I'm scaling it back a little. I bought the Fortitude book....and still perusing through it.

Deciding how best to put it to work for me. I've got all the strength I need from years of these other programs....but I want to focus more on hypertrophy work now.

Keep us updated CG on how it goes for you!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I have bought the fortitude E-book and was very interested in the program but I tend to struggle with past injuries at times and was worried about the frequency causing issues flairing up my knees or hips. Have you noticed and struggles with the increased frequency from this program?

Dr Stevenson specifically says to design a training program with ONLY exercises that don't hurt you bro. I had to read that thing a few times to really see the beauty of it.

BTW: You cant make copies directly from the ebook but I screen shotted what I needed and copied from that instead of taking all the notes

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Agree 100%.

I started out long ago. It took awhile, but I found out that my body loved low rep high volume work.

I started doing Westside....then for the last 5+ years I've been doing Wendler's stuff...or a variation of it.

But concentrating on nothing but increasing my weights used in Squats, Dead lifts, Bench, Overhead Press. Anything else was to support the development of these lifts...or work put in for shoulder health.

But beating your logbook even if it meant 1-3 weeks of periodization training is what my body thrived on.

As I've gotten older.....I'm scaling it back a little. I bought the Fortitude book....and still perusing through it.

Deciding how best to put it to work for me. I've got all the strength I need from years of these other programs....but I want to focus more on hypertrophy work now.

Keep us updated CG on how it goes for you!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

I started a thread in the training area of this forum.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Don’t forget about goals and desires. Not everyone actually WANTS to be a freak. That’s something that has never been my goal. There’s always been a certain look that I wanted to achieve, but it was never the over-the-top, freaky huge mass-monster look. It’s just not my thing.

I appreciate it for what it is when I’m researching things online or watching videos, but it just isn’t what I want. Even if I could get it, and I doubt I ever could, I simply wouldn’t go down the path to achieve it.

SURGE

Aug 26, 2010
Don’t forget about goals and desires. Not everyone actually WANTS to be a freak. That’s something that has never been my goal. There’s always been a certain look that I wanted to achieve, but it was never the over-the-top, freaky huge mass-monster look. It’s just not my thing.

I appreciate it for what it is when I’m researching things online or watching videos, but it just isn’t what I want. Even if I could get it, and I doubt I ever could, I simply wouldn’t go down the path to achieve it.

I agree. It takes a lot of effort and consistency to be a freak. Genetics can come into it but are not needed but they will make it easier for some. Some are willing to eat 10 meals a day and inject huge amounts of drugs over years to become a freak. I never wanted that and have a life outside of the gym. I doubt I could even do it. You need a certain mindset. I appreciate the effort it takes and when I see guys like that but it's not something I want for myself.

SURGE

Aug 26, 2010
Reread the first post and a freak in strength is more about genetics. The same for anyone who excels in their sport. Time and effort are all needed but I first thought the post was about looking freaky.

DNA

Apr 19, 2014
Hollywood, CA
I remember Dorian Yates being the first true freak in size. Before him, there were some huge guys for sure. But nobody was in the freak zone yet. After Dorian became a freak, other freaks started popping out as well. Year after year, a new freak would emerge. Nasser was a very average bodybuilder, then all of a sudden, he became a freak. Jean Pierre Fux was an average guy as well, then within a year, he became a freak. Then Paul Dillet became freaky, then Greg Kovacs, let’s not forget Ronnie’s magic transformation.

All these freaks did one thing and one thing only different in their drug programs. Ronnie was training like a monster before he became a freak, then all of a sudden with no change in training, he morphed. None of these freaks trained any harder, or did more steroids than the guys before them. They also didn’t figure out some magic diet either.

Yes, genetics are necessary to become a freak. But you need a special type of genetics. The difference between the freaks and the rest of the guys are their genetic response to INSULIN. The guys who for some reason respond to insulin like crazy are the ones who become freaks. If insulin doesn’t do much for you, you’ll never be a freak. Insulin started the freaky era of the 90’s, specifically the mid to late 90’s.

Until you try an aggressive course of insulin, you will never know if you have the genetics to respond to the insulin and become freaky. Some people only gain 10-15lbs in an entire year of insulin use. Other guys gain 30lbs in 30 days the first time using insulin. By the time the year is up, they have added 60lbs to their frame.

So in my opinion, your genetic response to insulin will be the determine factor if your going to be a freak or not. Either you have it or you don’t. You’ll never know unless you try it.

roadglide83

Feb 9, 2014
America
I remember Dorian Yates being the first true freak in size. Before him, there were some huge guys for sure. But nobody was in the freak zone yet. After Dorian became a freak, other freaks started popping out as well. Year after year, a new freak would emerge. Nasser was a very average bodybuilder, then all of a sudden, he became a freak. Jean Pierre Fux was an average guy as well, then within a year, he became a freak. Then Paul Dillet became freaky, then Greg Kovacs, let’s not forget Ronnie’s magic transformation.

All these freaks did one thing and one thing only different in their drug programs. Ronnie was training like a monster before he became a freak, then all of a sudden with no change in training, he morphed. None of these freaks trained any harder, or did more steroids than the guys before them. They also didn’t figure out some magic diet either.

Yes, genetics are necessary to become a freak. But you need a special type of genetics. The difference between the freaks and the rest of the guys are their genetic response to INSULIN. The guys who for some reason respond to insulin like crazy are the ones who become freaks. If insulin doesn’t do much for you, you’ll never be a freak. Insulin started the freaky era of the 90’s, specifically the mid to late 90’s.

Until you try an aggressive course of insulin, you will never know if you have the genetics to respond to the insulin and become freaky. Some people only gain 10-15lbs in an entire year of insulin use. Other guys gain 30lbs in 30 days the first time using insulin. By the time the year is up, they have added 60lbs to their frame.

So in my opinion, your genetic response to insulin will be the determine factor if your going to be a freak or not. Either you have it or you don’t. You’ll never know unless you try it.

Very interesting thought. Timing of it all makes sense.