©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Doing it for the Hell of it.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
All the gear and stress and not getting on stage? To each his own................not me.

[ame]https://youtu.be/_0mk9KaN4ro[/ame]

roadglide83

Feb 9, 2014
America
Does anyone else get annoyed at the guys who are only famous on social media because they filter the crap out of their pictures and use Adobe to alter their pictures to make them appear much bigger or have crazier proportions. Both of these guys have been called out for this multiple times and I just get sick of all these guys that literally have to take 30min to alter a picture to make them appear different. Now I’m not saying they are not both jacked but if you were to compare their pictures to real life you would be surprised I would assume.

lilgumby

Dec 13, 2014
Does anyone else get annoyed at the guys who are only famous on social media because they filter the crap out of their pictures and use Adobe to alter their pictures to make them appear much bigger or have crazier proportions. Both of these guys have been called out for this multiple times and I just get sick of all these guys that literally have to take 30min to alter a picture to make them appear different. Now I’m not saying they are not both jacked but if you were to compare their pictures to real life you would be surprised I would assume.

Yep and I get blocked a good bit for calling them out lol both girls and guys

RamboStallone

Jul 2, 2017
That's why they probably don't get on stage lol. I am not a competitor by any means, but I'm not in contest shape either. These guys are just social media whores.

pharmahgh

May 15, 2017

Pisses me off to no end brother. Why not keep it real. We work hard to get where we are. Why would you want to portray gains you didnt work hard for.

Its also responsible for these young guys just getting in and damn near destroying themselves because they think thats what they are supposed to look like. LIKE YOU CAN WALK AROUND JACKED AND SWOLE AS HELL AND 4% BODY FAT ALL THE TIME. I have to destroy myself to get there and it dosent last long.

It also takes away from the sport. Look at it this way people are so desensitized and have no idea what body builders are really supposed to look like. Because there are so many fake pic they think if you dont look like phil at the Olympia that you dont even train. you show people a pic of yourself, your best pic maybe 1 week out from a show and you literally get no reaction. like oh wow you look good.But then they see some of these fake pic and there like damn look at that guy hes jacked, but not realizing if you stood together with the fake pic guy you would dwarf him.

so yea it pisses me off lol

woody

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 30, 2012
i used to be jacked at 240 ripped....now i just maintain off of 300mg test cyp and 300mg decca a week...(and no desire to compete) just to keep my "persona" i guess you could say...i get regular blood work and everything comes perfect... i slipped and told my one doc i messed with test... he wanted me to take atest check..i was scared that would go on my insurance record... so i just went to new doc...i got good health insurance through my job... so i dont care

MightyJohn

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
If many are making a living more power to them...many bodybuilders put all the time/effort/stress/$ to compete to stay broke

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
#'s 3 & 4 just look super goofy to me.

I don't understand all the lame photo shopping either, but that said, I don't pay attention to these guys much at all anyway. People are going to do what they are going to do, I am too busy with other life stuff to really care.

The taller guy, #1, was pretty impressive for being so tall, but there were not too many pics. Personally, #5's physique I liked the most, I guess. He had a decently tight waist for a large size.

I'm not putting to much thought into my post here though.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
If many are making a living more power to them...many bodybuilders put all the time/effort/stress/$ to compete to stay broke

And that’s what most people are forgetting. These guys are using Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and every other social media platform on the planet to make a seriously good living, while they do the same thing that the competitors do. They are leveraging their physique and using it to build a business.

Rich Piana did the same thing. He only won like one major show in his career, right? No different. They can make far more money as a social media influencer than they could ever make as a competitor, and not have to go through the hell of contest prep.

I respect what these guys are doing just as much as regular competitors. Work smart, not hard.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
I don't think competing is any better of a reason to get jacked then just wanting to build an impressive physique and be happy with it. Number 1 makes much more money than most competing bodybuilders as well. His body has him in movies and making a good living. Not that I think money or fame is anymore of a reason to be jacked either. But some people who build an impressive physique use it to open many doors.

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
I don't compete and still use aas and peptides. Sometimes alittle slin here and there as well. Nothing is very too extreme and I am sensible. I also agree competing or not people have the right to do what they want. There are some guys I do think why don't they compete as they could do well but it's not for everyone. There is also next to little monetary reward for competing unless someone is one of the best in the world. Looking great is a reward in itself.

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
I do it for the hell of it and to be strong and healthy. But my Hell of it is on a much smaller level. I just love it.
I don't understand guys who get all jacked for 6 months and then I see them a year later and they look like anyone else. It took me 20 years to build a solid foundation. Not perfect but easy to maintain on trt and maybe a little extra now and then.
But if its making them money than more power to them. Then again there are smarter ways to make money and not put your body through that much stress.

SURGE

Aug 26, 2010
this Calito can easily walk into any competitions and get a first top 10 placing

I bet he isn't half as impressive in real life than in his in his ig pics. Although I am sure he could do well in some shows. He has competed in the past.