©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

looking for advice.. older guy

ajt

Jun 21, 2018
Im 47, I have been lifting 30 years. Aside from 6 wks of a low dose Winstrol Cycle 25 years ago I am a natural lifter, no TRT, no SARMS, really very little supplements at all.

Im 5'6, 205. Pretty lean about 12% body fat, but I would like to get much leaner without losing the muscle I have worked hard to build.
I train heavy three times weekly, my diet is pretty good, but I have never had the ripped look, even when I was younger.Each time I change things around to get leaner I immediately feel weak and abandon the changes.

My Test levels were measure at 519 pg/nl, my estrogen was 43pm/ml, which was high. My free T was 9.34ng/dl.

Curious what would accomplish my goals:

1. maintain muscle mass, I don't really need to get bigger
2. aid in getting much leaner
3. increase vascularity

I was thinking of going straight testosterone, at or around TRT levels since that seems to really help guys my age get leaner but I am not certain this is the best use of TRT.

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
Welcome to Anasci.
You should go over to the introduction section and introduce yourself. But in the meantime.
From what you describe A trt dose would be the best bet.
One of my problems is what you described. As soon as I start getting lean I feel weaker lose strength.
A trt dose would help maintain muscle mass and keep your energy and strength up.
And it's the safest bet also.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

SOUR DIESEL

Mar 19, 2018
Im 47, I have been lifting 30 years. Aside from 6 wks of a low dose Winstrol Cycle 25 years ago I am a natural lifter, no TRT, no SARMS, really very little supplements at all.

Im 5'6, 205. Pretty lean about 12% body fat, but I would like to get much leaner without losing the muscle I have worked hard to build.
I train heavy three times weekly, my diet is pretty good, but I have never had the ripped look, even when I was younger.Each time I change things around to get leaner I immediately feel weak and abandon the changes.

My Test levels were measure at 519 pg/nl, my estrogen was 43pm/ml, which was high. My free T was 9.34ng/dl.

3. increase vascularity

I was thinking of going straight testosterone, at or around TRT levels since that seems to really help guys my age get leaner but I am not certain this is the best use of TRT.

that's the thing about natty ..there's only so far you can go (..more accurately there only so far you can go & stay lean)

there's soooo much to this, so without getting into a sermon i'll offer a simple solution

..take an anti-E ..preferably in your case AROMA b'cuz it's "suicide inhibitor" & it will prevent ESTROGEN rebound

..this will not only raise your TESTOSTERONE levels ..it would also fix your elevated ESTROGEN ..and it would most assuredly help you get lean

5'6" & 209 @12% BF ..is quite a feat, so i'm guessing that you are already well versed with diet & training

good luck brother ..& if you want the sermon, let me know ;) lol

ajt

Jun 21, 2018
Thanks, yes.

I forgot to mention I did try a small dose of liquid dex, .25mg or so, which had an immediate effect of increasing morning wood etc.. but my joints started to hurt especially my thumbs. i tried smaller doses as well, each time I would get the joint pain.

without constant testing it was hard to tell if my estrogen levels were too low. I think my aromatase levels tend to be naturally high and may very well be part of the reason I have never gotten more lean.

since my test is not very high, I figured a very small dose would be enough to reduce my estrogen level. obviously if I went on TRT or something else I would use more.

GreenEarth

Jun 12, 2018
I think a TRT dose would do wonders for you, and is a responsible introduction to the AAS world (with the exception of the winstrol cycle).

Getting test to around 900-1100ng/dl is great...one of my last cutting cycles I kept my test at that level and managed to get quite lean with diet, some HIIT cardio after training, and the same lifting I had been doing while bulking. As a matter of fact, for the first 8 weeks of the cut my strength continued to climb. After 8 weeks, I had to settle with maintaining my weights at where I had gotten them to, but that was the point where I was getting very lean, so the visual changes more than made up for the lack of strength progress.

In all fairness, I'm a relatively small guy, not anything compared to some of the beasts we have on this site, but with never having used exogenous test before, I can't imagine your body not reacting incredibly well to the increase.

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
TRT dsages are usually about 100mg a week.

armada

Mar 5, 2017

3. increase vascularity

I would consider going with TRT. Based on your E2 levels, you will probably need a small dose of an AI alongside the TRT.

Run TRT for a few months and see how you feel. You can always experiment from there.

GreenEarth

Jun 12, 2018
TRT dsages are usually about 100mg a week.

Very true, although the amount of guys I've seen quoting their TRT at 200mg/wk seems very high these days. Are these guys legitimately having that prescribed through bloods or are they supplementing a bit of their own testosterone source to get to that 200mg mark? Legitimately curious.

I suppose it all depends on the kindness of your doctor...lol:D

woody

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 30, 2012
how many days a week do you train? and in your opinion, with what intensity and how much time? i can change my body within 2 weeks due to those factors(muscle memory of course).

Last edited:

ajt

Jun 21, 2018
I train 3x weekly. I would say I am in the advanced in most areas.

Intensity is moderately high, about 1 hour per session, minimal cardio.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I would go with a low fat keto diet. In 1 months time you will reach your goal and lose zero muscle as a result of taking in high protein. The peptide section has a large volume of keto based information to draw on. and Welcome to Anasci friend! :)

One more thing, at your age it would benefit you greatly to bump your test levels a little. It would help tremendously with nutrient partitioning.

Last edited:

Duluxx

Donating Member
Mar 4, 2018
I call bullshit on op. 5’6” 205 12% GTFOH “with an Italian accent”. My boy is 5’6” 170 and he looks like a monster. He’s probably around 15 to 20. He’s super vascular at the body fat. Pics op?

ajt

Jun 21, 2018
Maybe I am a tad higher than 12%, I can see my abs, veins in arms chest and quads, even some striations in my quads, but not the look I am going for.

At 20% you cant be vascular, especially super vascular, your friend is probably sub 10% body fat. The leanest I have ever gotten was 9.4% after I stopped wrestling, and I was vascular and lean, but I couldn't maintain it and it got harder with age, and being more sedentary.

I want the much leaner look. I am actually down from 215, I was considerably smoother but really strong. I am addicted to the strength, and I don't want to give it all away, which is why I am here doing my research.

As far as my size, Im sorry to disappoint you but I am what I said I am, I see no reason to come on here and bullshit anyone, whats the point? It makes it harder for people to give accurate advice if I am lying.

I am an advanced lifter with 30 years of training. I'm a large frame person, even though I am short I am very broad and very thick.

Your friend is probably a much smaller guy than me. My 20 year old son is about 5'7 165, much smaller frame and he is lean and vascular. I think he is around 10%. I am broader and thicker than him.

ajt

Jun 21, 2018
Low fat keto dieting, by this you mean a high protein, low carb and low fat?

I am really debatiing on using a TRT level dose for a few months to see where I can go with it.

I am also thinking of just blasting 500 mg a week for a while then dropping down to TRT levels since I have never done anything I might get some really do results and then maintain with TRT.

But... I might just do nothing.. which is what I usually do. I get ready to do it, and then change my mind because I dont want to be on something all the time.

Duluxx

Donating Member
Mar 4, 2018
Keto is high fats moderate protein low to no carbs. Atkins is high protein.

Duluxx

Donating Member
Mar 4, 2018
And I’ll add, fats are crucial for “natural” testosterone production. You take fats away, you better be on trt.

GreenEarth

Jun 12, 2018
Keto is high fats moderate protein low to no carbs. Atkins is high protein.
Yes, but concreteguy recommended in his post that he do a "low fat keto diet." I'm unfamiliar with it, perhaps CG could elaborate? I assumed that it would just essentially be a high daily intake of protein with the other macros just being as low as possible. Maybe with a weekly refeed day?