©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

UFC 207 - Fri Dec 30th - Nunes vs Rousey

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Great night of fights! Notice that it's this Friday, not Saturday.

Attachments

• UFC 207 - Fri Dec 30th - Nunes vs Rousey.JPG
    UFC 207 - Fri Dec 30th - Nunes vs Rousey.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 22

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
Yea, too bad Velasquez had to pull out due to injury, I was looking forward to that fight. I totally didn't even realize it was on a Friday...thanks for the heads up on that!

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
That would have been a great fight! I'm looking forward to Cruz vs Garbrandt...I just can't bet against Cruz...he's a machine!

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
**SPOILER ALERT**SPOILER ALERT**

Garbrandt defeated Cruz by unanimous decision to win the Bantamweight title!

Nunes KO'd Rousey 48 seconds into round 1 to retain the Bantamweight title! WOW!!

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
Garbrandt looked great against all his prior competitors, but I didn't expect him to do as well as he did tonight. I thought he was gonna have to go through the learning curve a little. I was wrong on that. The kid can definitely throw down. He is fun to watch!

I think I may have won gearpro contest by picking Nunes! Woohoo! Waiting to make sure before I celebrate too much. lol. That said, Ronda looked pitiful and Nunes looked phenomenal. I knew that if Ronda didn't improve her standup game, then Nunes would destroy her....and that was exactly what happened. Nunes is no joke, she has very good standup and is good all around. Ronda needs to go to another camp, a real one.

Last edited:

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
wasn't their a contest for who picked the winner of the rousey fight? Cause I think i won lol

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
I seen the replay this morning.
I would Say Rouseys close family and friends should keep an eye on her.
I know she had mentioned the thought of suicide came to her mind after the last loss. Id say she is done as a fighter. As soon as someone rings her bell she falls apart.

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
I hate to see this happen and wanted not to believe the obvious but Rousey lost this fight way back when Holmes shin connected with her face. Massive head trams + long term fighter = dangerous health issues. Rhonda had NO BIZNESS being in that cage. Her camp should of known that a long time ago! I realize its about the 3 million dollar payday but at what expense? If anybody let's her fight in any organization again they need to be put in prison. Shame....AR....

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
I hate to see this happen and wanted not to believe the obvious but Rousey lost this fight way back when Holmes shin connected with her face. Massive head trams + long term fighter = dangerous health issues. Rhonda had NO BIZNESS being in that cage. Her camp should of known that a long time ago! I realize its about the 3 million dollar payday but at what expense? If anybody let's her fight in any organization again they need to be put in prison. Shame....AR....

She was KO'd once. Her problem is her emotional state, not long term physical trauma...I don't know where you came up with that. Her other problem is that she took WAY too much time off...well over a year...it's hard to come back let alone fight for a title your first fight back!

Last edited:

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Her problem is her emotional state

That's exactly what it is. She cannot mentally handle being beaten like she has in her last two fights. You can see it in her face.

I watched the fight last night and actually felt bad for her. Stays behind the scenes training for a year, looked in the best shape of her life and ended up getting man-handled in under a minute. Totally smashed her mentally and retired her from mma.

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
I'm not talking about just once bud. Its painfully obvious that athletes that compete in contact sports have a limit of how much punishment they can physically take. Holmes kick was the Icing on the cake. Look at all the aging fighters in the past for example that start out being able to take tremendous strikes with apparently no problem then after one knockout or concussion it happens more often and way more easy. That's how I came up with that. She was in trouble the first jab she took. She maybe an emotional wreck but imo that's her being done from years of punishment whether is was full contact or sparring. Let her fight again and see what happens. Id bet you anything it would be the same result. I hope for her long term health she wraps it up for good if she already hasn't. In case you havnt noticed very few mma fighters can sustain long careers. Do you think that's because of them just losing interest? No its because their bodies and brains can't sustain the punishment, most of which is obtained out of the cage preparing for the fights. So saying "oh she was only knocked out once" is a very narrow minded way of looking at the over all pic. But what do I know. Most would say nothing so I'm sure your right my opinion has no basis what so ever....AR....

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
I'm not talking about just once bud. Its painfully obvious that athletes that compete in contact sports have a limit of how much punishment they can physically take. Holmes kick was the Icing on the cake. Look at all the aging fighters in the past for example that start out being able to take tremendous strikes with apparently no problem then after one knockout or concussion it happens more often and way more easy. That's how I came up with that. She was in trouble the first jab she took. She maybe an emotional wreck but imo that's her being done from years of punishment whether is was full contact or sparring. Let her fight again and see what happens. Id bet you anything it would be the same result. I hope for her long term health she wraps it up for good if she already hasn't. In case you havnt noticed very few mma fighters can sustain long careers. Do you think that's because of them just losing interest? No its because their bodies and brains can't sustain the punishment, most of which is obtained out of the cage preparing for the fights. So saying "oh she was only knocked out once" is a very narrow minded way of looking at the over all pic. But what do I know. Most would say nothing so I'm sure your right my opinion has no basis what so ever....AR....

There's definitely trauma in training, I don't disagree with you there...my background is martial arts, boxing and kickboxing, so I get it. I still don't think her issue is too much trauma...her problem is emotions and ego! Nunes' stand up is far superior to Rhonda's. Rousey's ego and stupid coach told her she could stand in there with her instead of fighting smart and sticking to her own strength which is grappling/judo. She thought she could stand with her and she was wrong! To me it's pretty straight forward and has nothing to do with trauma.

After her loss to Holm, she talked about being suicidal...it's a sport...99.9% lose some fights...it sucks, you chalk it up and learn form it and move on. Even when she started with the UFC, she had a piss poor attitude...just look at her mom and you'll see where she got the over dramatic emotional side from!

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
I'll agree she has had her career ruined by what in my opinion is the worlds worst camp/coach. I was just very taken back at how easily she was seemingly hurt by the first few jabs. I have a personal connection to a ex fighter that the very same thing happened to. He was smart enough to know when was enough though. He still has to carry a card in his wallet with his home Addy as he forgets it sometimes to this day. Never got knocked out either. Just an accumulation of head strikes etc. Obviously I'm not in her inner circle so I could be way off. Just a shame she'll probably be mentally fucked for the rest of her life because of poor coaching and cockyness....AR....