©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Do you believe this SHIT!!!

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Watch, there will be another tax hike so that the govt can recoup the lost money from us, which is ours in the first palce...These fucking people are fucking scumbags and we are the ones that get fucked in the end because our govt is fucking pathetic...You know full well that the govt is not going to prosecute these people for theft nor penalize them over the coming months until what was spent it paid back...The rest of us will be stuck footing the bill again as always:

Food stamp glitch leads to Wal-Mart stampede- MSN Money

Wal-Mart (WMT -0.84%) stores in Springhill and Mansfield, La., saw a stampede and a shelf-clearing rush Saturday after a computer glitch for food stamp recipients led to benefit cards allowing unlimited purchases.

Police were called as entire shelves were being cleared out, until the glitch was fixed and low-income residents using the cards were no longer allowed to make purchases.

"Springhill Police Chief Will Lynd confirms they were called in to help the employees at Wal-Mart because there were so many people clearing off the shelves. He says Wal-Mart was so packed, 'it was worse than any black Friday' that he's ever seen.

Lynd explained the cards weren't showing limits and they called corporate Wal-Mart, whose spokesman said to let the people use the cards anyway. From 7 to 9 p.m., people were loading up their carts, but when the cards began showing limits again around 9, one woman was detained because she rang up a bill of $700 and only had .49 on her card. She was held by police until corporate Wal-Mart said they wouldn't press charges if she left the food.

Lynd says at 9 p.m., when the cards came back online and it was announced over the loud speaker, people just left their carts full of food in the aisles and left."

No arrests were made.

"Just about everything is gone. I've never seen it in that condition," Mansfield Wal-Mart customer Anthony Fuller told KSLA.

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Those people that abused the glitch should have their cards and all government assistance revoked for life period...worthless pieces of shit.

formula1069

Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
There should be no welfare at all, problem solved, you want to eat something go work for it

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
Hey, it turns our that Xerox fucked up with thier system but Wal-Mart had specific procedures they were supposed to follow. I see Wal-Mart talkin the hit and everyone else is off the hook. And they will never go after the card holders. Who most likely new they were stealing....:sniper:

IronIan

Sep 21, 2013
Our government sucks, their is no such thing as a perfect government, because there is no such thing as pleasing everyone... Every other country hates us, unless they're in our pocket.... But every other country would give anything to be us... We're just the best at the game of nature... Survival of the fittest.....

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Ok.looks like Walmart was trying to screw the government by blaming them.. Walmart is neccessary for people on a budget such as single parents so i dont lump them with the scammers.
I mean i expect crap service .cheap name brand body products from razors to ib's stud wash jell... makes your man a MAN..... right turbobusa?. .. switch needs love too aye?

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/11...ose-benefits-over-wal-mart-free-for-all-86692

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal and his administration took steps late Wednesday to strip food stamp benefits from those who loaded up their shopping carts knowing they had insufficient funds in their Electronic Benefits Transfer accounts during a system failure in October.

As a result of the temporary outage, over 12,000 transactions in Louisiana showed non-sufficient funds once the system got back online and retailers were able to process the purchases, according to The Advocate.

The Oct. 12 computer glitch wasn’t limited to Louisiana. At least 17 states were affected, resulting in many shoppers overflowing their carts to take advantage of the outage.

Under Jindal’s new directive, recipients will lose benefits for one year, two years or permanently, depending on how many prior violations they have on their record.

The Jindal administration will start with the worst cases first, according to Suzy Sonnier, secretary of the state Department of Children and Family Services.

“We must protect the program for those who receive and use their benefits appropriately according to the law,” Sonnier said in a prepared statement, according to The Advocate “We are looking at each case individually, addressing those recipients who are suspected of misrepresenting their eligibility for benefits or defrauding the system.”

Late last week, U.S. Sen. David Vitter, R-La., called on Louisiana officials to take steps against those whose greedy shopping sprees left merchants such as Wal-Mart holding the bag.

“The outrageous theft and fraud at several Louisiana retailers, including at the Wal-Mart stores in Mansfield and Springhill, is completely unacceptable,” Vitter wrote in a letter to the Jindal administration. “Like many citizens, I am appalled and believe there should be serious consequences for what occurred; so far, I have heard of none.”

Administration officials noted that the abuse affected retailers across the state.

“The recent over-the-top food stamp theft and fraud gave Louisiana and the program a real black eye. I’m certainly glad the state is acting on my urgent suggestion. I look forward to discussing the details with Secretary Sonnier in my upcoming meeting with her and Attorney General [Buddy] Caldwell,” Vitter said in a prepared statement published by The Advocate.

The Advocate reported:

When the system goes down, retailers are supposed to limit food stamp recipients to $50 in groceries. Some retailers simply turned away food stamp recipients. Others allowed them to buy as much as they wanted and stored the transactions to process when the system rebooted. The retailers that ignored the emergency protocol lost countless dollars.

In Springhill, police detained a woman who pushed a cart with $700 in groceries up to a cash register despite having less than 50 cents on her food stamp card. Wal-Mart instructed police to release the woman without citing her.

Some violators weren’t even eligible for food stamps, Jindal administration officials told The Advocate