©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

The Contender

Bizarro

Oracle's my Mod
Aug 16, 2004
Toxic Dump
Anyone watch this show yet? I just watched the first episode and the premise seems pretty solid. Stallone definetly adds an element of "cheesiness" to the show but it wants to make me go out and learn how to box...

max lift

Feb 24, 2005
canada
I dont like realityTV shows , but a couple of freinds said this one is worth checking out so I will tune in for the next one , I did check out the UFC one and it did not do it for me till the fight at the end ,

Bizarro

Oracle's my Mod
Aug 16, 2004
Toxic Dump
I think they have a solid premise but you wait the whole show and the build-up for the fight and they ruin it by EDITING the fight with slo-mo's and cuts of the crowd and their families -- lamo!

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
I dug this show. The editing didn't bother me at all. I've seen a lot of fights and on a smaller scale that one reminded me of Mickey Ward and Arturro Gotti. Especially loved the underdogs confidence. Always stick with the underdog, dig.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
The fight at the end was pretty good. I'm sure it will turn out to be an ok show.

Bizarro

Oracle's my Mod
Aug 16, 2004
Toxic Dump
oracle said:
The fight at the end was pretty good. I'm sure it will turn out to be an ok show.

Yeah maybe but Im worried they're trying to keep it mushy to attract the female viewers...I want to see more of the fighting. I especially love the trash talking that was happening during the spar...

bitchtits

Mar 8, 2005
I dig the show

I boxed for a little while. I puts you in great shape. I was lifting 6 days a week and boxing 3 days a week for 2hours each day. I felt great.

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
Bro...Boxing (or fighting in general) is probably the greatest cardio in the world. Go work a heavy bag for 15 minutes and you'll know what I mean. As for Sly, I'm sure he juiced in the past (and might dabble still!) I'll bet he takes Growth Hormone as he can certianly afford it. Has anyone looked at his line of supplements called INSTONE? Looks like some decent products.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
I doubt if sly is on the juice...doesn't really have a reason to. He's just naturally kept in shape all these years.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
Freejay said:
I'm sure you're right Oracle. But I'd bet money he has done a cycle in his lifetime.

I don't know.....It's not like he made a big dramatic physical change. He's been always pretty much built.

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
Yeah...LOL! Actually, I always considered Dolf's physique in that movie to be ideal. Very symetrical and ripped, but not to huge.