©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Wife going to Iraq

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
Well my wife is leaving for Iraq Friday for a year. I stopped my cycle early to spend as much time with her as possible. It's gonna be hard watching our 3 sons while she's gone but i guess there's no choice. Don't know how i'm gonna explain to them she's gonna be gone for awhile. Decision's decisions. Any suggestions on how to make this easier? :confused:

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
1 year. which sucks. The army deploys for the longest time. Marines is 6 months and the airforce is 3 or 4 months.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
the 2 oldest are 6 (not twins one just had a b-day) and the smallest is 1 year.

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
I got a 3 yr old and a 6 yr old. Their mom just got back after being gone for 2 years (not to Iraq - lol). It will be tough at first but you'll make it. Hopefully your mother or other family members will help out?

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
What a drag. I'll pray she stays safe, and thank her for protecting our country.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
imdaman1 said:
I got a 3 yr old and a 6 yr old. Their mom just got back after being gone for 2 years (not to Iraq - lol). It will be tough at first but you'll make it. Hopefully your mother or other family members will help out?

My mom is thinking about coming down to help me. I know i can do it, i'm more worried about my wife. It's easier for a guy to go for that length of time than a mother. I know it's just gonna be emotionally hard for her to deal with.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
tee said:
What a drag. I'll pray she stays safe, and thank her for protecting our country.

Thanks tee....alot of people don't realize the sacrifices other people make at times at the sake of their own families.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
I was in but got out about 3 years ago. I wish i could take her place.

Blackbird

Flatpicker
Sep 19, 2004
usa
Bro, I'm torn between "that sucks," and "God bless her," so I guess I'll stick with both. You just tell those kids the truth. " Your mommy is a superhero and she has to go to work." Good luck and God bless.

W

wolfyEVH

Blackbird said:
Bro, I'm torn between "that sucks," and "God bless her," so I guess I'll stick with both. You just tell those kids the truth. " Your mommy is a superhero and she has to go to work." Good luck and God bless.

couldnt have said it better!

STEELADDICTION

Apr 1, 2004
Blackbird said:

Nice Blackbird. Toatally agree, be honest with your kids, you might be surprised how much they will help you get through this tuff time! Your family will be in all our prayers. Make sure to tell her all your brothers at anasci say thank you and come home safe.

jsjs24

Dec 19, 2003
Here and there
I feel for you bro. I just got back from there for 3 months and my girlfriend thought that was long. Of course that was my second trip there in one year. She should get to come home for a mid tour, that's better than nothing I guess.

ronnier38930

Jan 13, 2005
Ask Katrina. She knows
This may sound stupid but a friend kept a journal and wrote in it all the time about the things he would say to her if he was home. Kind of every day conversations but placing them on paper. It helped him cope with the stress. He said he would think about her all the time but it helped to actually write it out on paper and see it. Then when he returned he gave her this notebook filled with old memories that most couples forget about. I think it helped him a lot.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
Well guys she's gone. I held everything i could back so my boys and her don't see me break down. But when i got back to the house i closed the door and it's tough. Thanks everyone for your kind words. And Ronnier that sounds like a nice idea thanks again too everyone.