©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

daily aspirin - your dose?

TripleOvertime

Donating Member
May 27, 2017
I've always used 81mg low dose aspirin daily for the obvious benefits. Here lately I've noticed some bros using quite a bit more than that. Several hundred milligrams and up.

Do you use daily aspirin? What is your daily dose? Do you see significant advantages using more than the common 81mg?

At what point (miligrams) is it unsafe and not worth the extra dose?

rippedfreak123

May 4, 2016
high RBC count for quite a bit now and doc prescribed 85 mg baby asprin. I just did blood work and it didn't do much so we upped it to see if that changes.

armada

Mar 5, 2017
I've always used 81mg low dose aspirin daily for the obvious benefits. Here lately I've noticed some bros using quite a bit more than that. Several hundred milligrams and up.

Do you use daily aspirin? What is your daily dose? Do you see significant advantages using more than the common 81mg?

At what point (miligrams) is it unsafe and not worth the extra dose?

I would definitely not use more than a baby aspirin (81mg) daily. Larger amounts of aspirin can definitely irritate your stomach lining and eventually lead to a ulcers.

I used to take a baby aspirin, but now I just make sure to get bloodwork done and donate blood if hematocrit gets too high.

bbuck

Dec 28, 2007
The 81mg seems to be enough for most people from what I have read. But many BB'ers will think more is better. Some of the anti cancer studies I have read lately seem promising.

AGGRO

Oct 25, 2012
I use 81mg but I also use fish oil which thins the blood as well.

I was using both and krill oil but dropped the aspirin but may add it back in with just krill from now on. I never went above 81mg.

Viking

Nov 11, 2011
I was using both and krill oil but dropped the aspirin but may add it back in with just krill from now on. I never went above 81mg.

I done the same. I was on 6g krill and 4g fish oil so felt the aspirin may be too much. I am tempted to add it back in onto that stack. If I take too many blood thinning supps I get nosebleeds so the reason why I dropped it in the first place. Maybe I will drop the fish oil and add in 81mg aspirin.

odin

AnaSCI VET
Feb 2, 2007
I have heard so many contradicting opinions on daily aspirin. I don't use it. Although most seem to be on 81mg per day and many doctors still recommend that.