©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Gotta Love This Shit

dorian777

Apr 28, 2013
I'm from KY bro. That's one thing I don't miss. Out west now...we get dust-devils which are harmless. Hope you got a basement and live in a brick house!

custom

Apr 8, 2014
There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home......are we back in Kansas yet?

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home......are we back in Kansas yet?

Bout 10 miles west and id be in kansas lol.....neighbors have a pretty big underground storm shelter so gives us a little piece of mind.

srd1

Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Just makes us a little nervous we missed being caught in the big joplin tornado last year by about 30 minutes...the walmart we were shopping at 30 minutes before it hit got wiped off the map.

frizzlefry

Jan 8, 2013
Yea that was really sad and scary. Gives you a reason to be gratefull. It can all be gone in a second.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
My gals families from Joplin and her step mom works at the Walmart there. Scary stuff that's for sure been through a bad storm down south years ago where tornadoes were touching down left and right.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Yeah i constantly bitch about living in shitty NE ohio, but at least i dont have to worry about tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes etc like some of you guys do. Thats some scary ass shit man!

Iceman74

Donating Member
Apr 4, 2013
Yeah i constantly bitch about living in shitty NE ohio, but at least i dont have to worry about tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes etc like some of you guys do. Thats some scary ass shit man!

They may not be as frequent, but we do get them up here in N.E. Ohio. There was one 15 or so miles from me a couple years ago. I can think of several here (in Ashtabula County) in my lifetime.

Glad to hear that you and your family are safe, srd1!!!

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
They may not be as frequent, but we do get them up here in N.E. Ohio. There was one 15 or so miles from me a couple years ago. I can think of several here (in Ashtabula County) in my lifetime.

Glad to hear that you and your family are safe, srd1!!!

Yeah, i felt that 4 or whatever that happened in Youngstown...thats the one youre talking about right? I live 15 miles south of there in Columbiana if you know where thats at...

Im talking about serious shit though like out in california, not our little tremors.lol

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
What shots! At least you are OK and can post these! Looks like the season is just getting geared up. Let's hope is not a bad spring for these storms.

srd1

Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
What shots! At least you are OK and can post these! Looks like the season is just getting geared up. Let's hope is not a bad spring for these storms.

No doubt..... I take em ok when their in the area but the wife since the joplin F5 gets really fucked up about em I mean curled up in the fetal position thumb sucking scared. Stepson on a local fire dept so we usually have first hand info as its happening.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
good to see you're posting today bro, was staring to wonder...because of your pictures I had a nightmare about tornadoes last night.lol :D

Iceman74

Donating Member
Apr 4, 2013
Yeah, i felt that 4 or whatever that happened in Youngstown...thats the one youre talking about right? I live 15 miles south of there in Columbiana if you know where thats at...

Im talking about serious shit though like out in california, not our little tremors.lol

Actually, I was talking about that tornado in Pierpont in May 2011.
PierpontTornado.jpg

There was an EF4 about 20 miles away in May 1985 and EF5 about 40 miles away on the same night as the other big one.

The biggest couple earthquakes were 5.0 (1986) and 5.2 (1998).

But, yeah... besides all the snow we get pounded with up here, we have been really lucky for a long time.