©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Mouth Gaurd?

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Anyone wear one?

I started a couple weeks ago cause my dentist told me I needed one. Not only do I have to wear it in the gym but to bed too.

I hated it at first but after getting used to it, I kinda like it now. Having that thing in there, I can feel how I would unconsciously grind my teeth.

Being older I guess I'm going to need to use it for the rest of my life and that's fine with me.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
I've used one before simply for the reason when I'm working out I'm I usually have either my headphones or my necklace in my teeth. It did help a little. I think I remember Jay or someone promoting some sorta mouth guard a while ago. I got one that football/athletes wear tastes like cherry and no string to attach to a helmet.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
I used one when I started training jiu jitsu, but it effected my breathing too much. Don't need one when I lift, I think. My mouth tends to open up wider when I lift hard. Probably an unconscious reaction to needing to breathe more air in.

Alinshop

May 20, 2013
I saw a guy wearing a fluorescent green one in the gym the other night. It matched his fluorescent green shirt.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
I use one .. broke too many molars grinding out extra reps..
Shock dr gravity 2. 20 $ lasts 3 months. Can talk and breath with it in. ST-2

Attachments

• 8120-gravity-2-stc-_orange__1.jpg
    8120-gravity-2-stc-_orange__1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 33

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
I had a red one tasted like cherry. Think its the same brand as ib's atleast looks the same. I found my step daughter and dog chewing on it so needless to say I don't have mine anymore

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
I do have a chipped tooth from hitting myself with a dumbbell

That sucks. I chipped one before trying to get an extra heavy set of curls up 10 years ago...gritted my front teeth hard as hell and snapped the damn tip off.lol

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
safety and prevention, I love it! good info, sounds like everyone could use one in the gym and most could use it at night... know a buddy who swears by one, he actually told me it changed his life!

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
After using it for about a week, I must say, I like using it.

In the gym at least. Not crazy about wearing it to bed, especially considering the dryness of the air out here.

I got to admit, most nights I forget to put it anyway.

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
I use the molar one by under armor. I broke a back molar that was dead and had to have what was left of it removed....that was horrible!

I use it when in my gear on bench/squat/and dead.

Attachments

• ArmourBite-Mouthpiece.gif
    ArmourBite-Mouthpiece.gif
    68.1 KB · Views: 6

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
I use the molar one by under armor. I broke a back molar that was dead and had to have what was left of it removed....that was horrible!

I use it when in my gear on bench/squat/and dead.

That's the same one I have. Color and everything. :cool: