©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

push ups

Zaven

May 18, 2005
when i was training for my jump into the military I used to do 10 sets at 100 reps, but I blew out my knee anyways and wasn't able to go so I stopped......but I can still bust out 100 or so with relative ease...

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
If you can do 60 pushups - then they aren't doing anything for you because they are too easy. This is why I don't do them any more. See how many one-handed pushups or verticals you can do (feet high up on a wall). Another method is to have your girl sit on your back. If you can get 15-20 reps with 150lbs on your back - then you're doing something.

jumpstart2015

Aug 14, 2005
baltimore
imdaman1 said:
If you can do 60 pushups - then they aren't doing anything for you because they are too easy. This is why I don't do them any more. See how many one-handed pushups or verticals you can do (feet high up on a wall). Another method is to have your girl sit on your back. If you can get 15-20 reps with 150lbs on your back - then you're doing something.
I think a very few people can do one handed push ups!

MdTNT

i think PT is set at minimum of 85 in under two minutes for all branches of the military now days...women and men...no babies alowed...in my day and going through BUDS i cna remember playing suicide with a deck of playing cards...face cards are worth 10 push ups and all others are worth number value with aces being worth 15...go through the deck twice in under fourty five minutes...somthing close to that....not for wusses. M-

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
MdTNT said:
i think PT is set at minimum of 85 in under two minutes for all branches of the military now days...women and men...no babies alowed...in my day and going through BUDS i cna remember playing suicide with a deck of playing cards...face cards are worth 10 push ups and all others are worth number value with aces being worth 15...go through the deck twice in under fourty five minutes...somthing close to that....not for wusses. M-

I guess they're pretty good for cardio or warming up. You're not gonna gain any mass doing regular push-ups.

gregdiesel

AnaSCI's Ivan Drago
Apr 3, 2005
jumpstart2015 said:
How many push ups you can do on a good day? 60 to 80 here!

I used to be able to do about 75 straight (after a complete chest routine). I haven't done push-ups in awhile, but in the 1st 3 years of building my chest I ALWAYS did push ups at the end of my routine for that final pump and it worked well.