©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Stop cycle?!?!

Ryder13

Jun 21, 2007
So this should probably be in general discussion, but it pertains to my cycle so I'm asking it here....

I found lump in my stomach a month ago and recently went to the doctor and found out it was a hernia...

Anyways, so I've been cycling since February 17 and is scheduled to concluded May 23.

Here is my question...

I need surgery for my hernia and i'm due to get it over the summer sometime. Should I just finish my cycle and wait a month or two to get my PCT in and settle back into my normal regimine so that I can hopefully keep my gains after surgery (since I don't know how long i'll be down, I heard 2-6 weeks) or should I end my cycle now and then start a new one after i'm able to start lifting again after my surgery?

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
Im not sure about that One Ryder.... My common sense tells me you should probably have it fixed before you get to crazy with the Lifting. I dont "think" the hormones could would realy Hurt it any worse But it May be a waste to Take them Not being able to Give it 100% effort.

I Know theres a Lot of guys that have had them and had to have them Fixed.
Maybe they will chime in here with some better advice for you.
Im realy notto sure bro.... goodluck to you though.

Ryder13

Jun 21, 2007
That's what I assumed the smart thing would be... I'm on a little bit of the stubborn side though. I've had the thing since December, I caught a bad case of phnemonia and coughed so hard that I guess it popped through.

Yea if anyone else has had one and can give some more input i'd appreciate it....

Thanks all

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
My dad's had 2 of them and had to have surgery on both...I agree with rAJ, if you can't go fullboar, might as well stop and not waste the gear.....

Ryder13

Jun 21, 2007
Thank you raj and kawasaki for the responses... looking back on what I wrote, I think I stated my question wrong....

I already know I need surgery, but I'm waiting until summer to get it fixed... It's not going to hinder my lifting, as I also participate in other physical sports (training MMA, and rugby). I can still train and play at 100%... I know there's a risk of making it worse, but hey shit happens right?!?! I'm in the middle of seasons and don't want to quit...

What I want to know is, should I finish out my cycle and get PCT done before I have the surgery?

Or should I just stop the cycle now, do PCT and possibly have the surgery earlier?

**Kawasaki, when ur dad had his two operations do you remember how long he took to recover?**

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
He was down for a couple of months on both (6-8wks)...I would still suggest stopping now, no sense in taking any chance on making it worse.....

It sucks being in mid cycle at this point in the year (with summer around the corner), but if you push too hard and injure yourself further you could be down for much longer!!

Best bet is to cut now, run a proper pct, watch your diet and see how much you can keep...Get the surgery set and over with now and that will speed up the recovery, you should be able to run something before the end of the season.....

Ryder13

Jun 21, 2007
kawasaki1 said:
He was down for a couple of months on both (6-8wks)...I would still suggest stopping now, no sense in taking any chance on making it worse.....

It sucks being in mid cycle at this point in the year (with summer around the corner), but if you push too hard and injure yourself further you could be down for much longer!!

Best bet is to cut now, run a proper pct, watch your diet and see how much you can keep...Get the surgery set and over with now and that will speed up the recovery, you should be able to run something before the end of the season.....

Yea i figured that would be the consensus, but I just wanted to hear it as well... It does suck, especially because I was just about to start my cutting session, but I guess I can save the better part of my gear for a later cycle... At my original exam, the doc said i'd be down for 2 weeks (it's not that big of a hernia) but obviously there is potential for other things to happen. But I appreciate the feedback, happy training....

AlphaMale

Jun 1, 2006
Seriously look into laproscopic (sic...maybe) surgery. I had a double Hernia and found the only doctor in the area that did it - they lay out mesh over the entire abdominal area so that you cannot get another Hernia (you can, but the mesh will already be there as a protectant) I had that surgery and now the only place I can get a hernia is at my belly button (well besides hiatal and others like that). Hernias tend to be genetic and if you get one, more than likely you Will get another one down the road - so fix it before you do. The recovery was about 3 weeks before I hit the gym lightly and I can't say before I was full stream - maybe 12 weeks? One other point/tidbit is that many people pussy around for a long time because they can feel the mesh/surgery when they work out - my doctor told me that it didn't really matter if I waited 6 weeks or 6 years - it was going to feel uncomfortable until I got all of the scar tissue broken up and mesh stretched as needed.

Good luck. I would hurry up and get the surgery, because the sooner you do, the sooner you can get back at it 110%

oldtestman

Sep 28, 2007
My son had the mesh surgery about 5 years ago - no problems, and the recovery wasn't long.

Ryder13

Jun 21, 2007
Good posts... I appreciate the input. I'm hoping the recovery isn't long, and I've heard of that mesh they put into your abdominal wall to help. Definately looking to get this done and over with so I can get intense again....

Thanks again all

AlphaMale

Jun 1, 2006
Ryder13 said:
Good posts... I appreciate the input. I'm hoping the recovery isn't long, and I've heard of that mesh they put into your abdominal wall to help. Definately looking to get this done and over with so I can get intense again....

Thanks again all
I must point out that 95% of all Hernia sugerys use a mesh for support, but it's the laproscopic one in particular that I was talking about where the mesh is laid out under the entire abdominal area and not just around the actual hernia.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Ryder13 said:
So this should probably be in general discussion, but it pertains to my cycle so I'm asking it here....

I found lump in my stomach a month ago and recently went to the doctor and found out it was a hernia...

Anyways, so I've been cycling since February 17 and is scheduled to concluded May 23.

Here is my question...

I need surgery for my hernia and i'm due to get it over the summer sometime. Should I just finish my cycle and wait a month or two to get my PCT in and settle back into my normal regimine so that I can hopefully keep my gains after surgery (since I don't know how long i'll be down, I heard 2-6 weeks) or should I end my cycle now and then start a new one after i'm able to start lifting again after my surgery?

unless your able to train 110% i would cut cycle short and due it after surgery.

oldfella

Jul 31, 2007
I agree with the majority. Pull up the cye now and get the surgery! I had dbl hernias fixed and was done laproscopicly, which is the ultimate way to go. You will be up and around the next day, back to training in about 6-8 weeks light and back up to full speed in 12. Just get this seen to asap.

Ryder13

Jun 21, 2007
I cut the cycle already and have been doing PCT for the last 3 weeks.... I saved a good bit of my gear, but I'm gonna order a fresh part of what I lost for when I start again....

Kinda bummed to hear that I'll be down from 110% for about 12 weeks.... but i guess that's better than bein f***ed for the rest of my life.

I'm hopin to get my surgery right at the beginning of June so I'm good to go right at the beginning of September... but we'll see, maybe sooner....

Thank you all for the input

Happy Training...!!!

oldfella

Jul 31, 2007
Hey Ryder, between now and your op start really bringing up your cardio fitness levels bro. it will help with recovery in a big way. Keep us informed

Ryder13

Jun 21, 2007
oldfella said:
Hey Ryder, between now and your op start really bringing up your cardio fitness levels bro. it will help with recovery in a big way. Keep us informed

Well after my initial diagnoses from my family doctor of having a hernia, I went to talk to a surgeon yesterday and it turns out i have a double hernia. Kinda sucks but glad he caught both of them... I get surgery on the 30th and the guy I'm going to is supposed to be pretty good. I'm in and out the same day and theres a 1 week recovery time. I'm sure I can get back to 100% in about a month which is excellent news...

But oldfella i'll definately keep that in mind. The surgeon said I can exercise light after the surgery too, just no big lifting (bench, squat, etc...) But he did say the bike or eliptical or something similar is acceptable as well.

Thanks for the input...

Ryder13

Jun 21, 2007
Had my surgery a little over a week ago... I've been up and about the day I had the surgery. Was sore for a few days after, but that's gone now. I still have some swelling, but that's starting to go down as well.

Few more weeks and I'm going to start my cycle over again...
Test P
Tren Ace
Clen
T3