©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Diet Analysis--Prep for 1st Cycle

Watchful

Sep 20, 2008
Hello,

I've decided on using a mild test/EQ cycle (200-250mg/500mg) after talking with some folks on here about my specific goals (recovery and strength for strongman/PL training).

I understand diet is crucial for making a cycle work, so I wanted to get some feedback on what, if anything, I need to improve about my diet, given the cycle I'll be using above.

Stats

Age: 24, Weight: 290 pounds, Height: 6' 3", Bodyfat %: 17

Typical Diet (taken from today's diet log). Meals are about 3 hours apart.

Meal #1: Wheat cereal, berries, protein shake (whey with whole milk)
Meal #2: Two grilled chicken breasts
Meal #3: Two peanut-butter and jelly sandwiches
Meal #4: Roast beef sandwich on wheat bread, with cheese
Meal #5: Six eggs, with cheese and spinach. Protein shake.

Meal #5 is about an hour before bed. Meal #1 is had when I wake up.

Do I need to eat more? Anything I can do to make it better?

Much thanks,

Watchful

mac762339

Jul 17, 2005
Holy crap ! Im 5' 3" 160lbs and I eat more than that. So yes you should be eating more. Now there are people on this board that will help you out with how much more and what better than I , but no thats not enough.

rottsnhell

Feb 6, 2009
Hello,

I've decided on using a mild test/EQ cycle (200-250mg/500mg) after talking with some folks on here about my specific goals (recovery and strength for strongman/PL training).

I understand diet is crucial for making a cycle work, so I wanted to get some feedback on what, if anything, I need to improve about my diet, given the cycle I'll be using above.

Stats

Age: 24, Weight: 290 pounds, Height: 6' 3", Bodyfat %: 17

Typical Diet (taken from today's diet log). Meals are about 3 hours apart.

Meal #1: Wheat cereal, berries, protein shake (whey with whole milk)
Meal #2: Two grilled chicken breasts
Meal #3: Two peanut-butter and jelly sandwiches
Meal #4: Roast beef sandwich on wheat bread, with cheese
Meal #5: Six eggs, with cheese and spinach. Protein shake.

Meal #5 is about an hour before bed. Meal #1 is had when I wake up.

Do I need to eat more? Anything I can do to make it better?

Much thanks,

Watchful

At your age, hieght and weight you do need to eat more. I usually like to keep my test a tad higher than my eq. Meal 2 needs complex carbs. Meal 3+4needs just more of everything especially protien. Meal 5 is good before bed, maybe have some oatmeal and or a cup of mixed nuts. You may want to try a tablespoon of flax oil at breaakfast and bed, nothing but good calories there...rot

Watchful

Sep 20, 2008
I'm not sure if this matters, but I'll add that the size of the sandwiches, etc. are very big. The PBJ sandwiches are about a quarter pound. The roast beef sandwich has about 1/4 of meat on it. Big portions all around.

Thanks for the responses so far, guys.

Watchful

Watchful

Sep 20, 2008
There's a wealth of stuff in the Diet section of the board. I posted a bulking diet strategy here but there are cutting diets, etc. over there worth taking a look at. Educate yourself. Knowledge is power. Good luck.

Hey Grim, I can't get the link to work. Could you post it again?

Thanks

Watchful

mac762339

Jul 17, 2005
He means its on the diet section of this board.No need for a link your already here.LOL