©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Is Missing a Muscle = Wasted Gear?

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT
Giving my shot this morning (Glute), it just seemed to go WAY to easy...usually it hurts a little as I push...but it was quick and easy today. I began to wonder if I somehow actually missed the muscle...if thats possible (1 inch 20 g pin). If I did, did i just waste my gear?

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
I doubt you "missed" dude. Sometimes it just does that. There are good shots, bad shots and then some in between, LOL. Do you always use a 1 inch needle? Should be long enough to get through skin/fat and get into muscle, but some people suggest using a 1.5 inch pin for glutes. I use a 1 and it works fine.

20g pin bro?! Dude that's not a needle that's a spear! That could also be why it went in so easy, that is a large bore needle man. The biggest you should try and use is a 22g. 23g and smaller would be optimal. You keep sticking yourself with those whale harpoons and you are going to develop some scar tissue.

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT
20g pin bro?! Dude that's not a needle that's a spear! That could also be why it went in so easy, that is a large bore needle man. The biggest you should try and use is a 22g. 23g and smaller would be optimal. You keep sticking yourself with those whale harpoons and you are going to develop some scar tissue.

LOL!..Yeah, its a 20g because i got my pins when i had a farm...used some big ass needles on big ass animals, and kept them for myself. People have been telling me I need 22g, so next time i order, I'll go for that.

Then again, i have a 4g nipple ring, so I'm used to having spikes in me...lol

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
LOL, whatever keeps you happy I guess...
But yeah when you order I would get some 23g 1.5" for glutes and some 1" 25g if you want to pin delts or anywhere else.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
TT and I seem to have the same preference for pins. I can handle a 22 if I don't have 23's . 20 would be just for drawing for me. T

LuKiFeR

AnaSCI VET
Oct 13, 2012
25g 1" or 1.5" is best. Smallest...less scar tissue. 23g is gd too. But wldnt go bigger unless i HAD to. I used 18g years ago bc thts all i had access to. Tht SUCKED!!

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
25g 1" or 1.5" is best. Smallest...less scar tissue. 23g is gd too. But wldnt go bigger unless i HAD to. I used 18g years ago bc thts all i had access to. Tht SUCKED!!

Holy fuck dude! Are you serious? That is BIG.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I have that happen... sometimes it just flows right in. Other times, I have to hit the plunger end with a hammer to get the oil in. lol I think if you have scar tissue build up over time, it makes it harder. Those "soft" spots are a nice surprise.

electrickettle6

Dec 6, 2012
Ive had issues regarding the speed of delivery into the muscle as well. Ive found that if you have a build up of scar tissue the oil comes out slower because obviously it creates alot more resistance in the speed of needle penetration AND in the actual delivery of the oil. Another thing ive noticed is that some of the barrels are really smooth. Like when i am drawing the oils the plunger moves very effortlessly going back and forth to your ML marks.
Im pretty sure you hit the muscle but the only way for the gear to be a "waste" is if you develop a sterile abcess and the body itself does not allow the oil to be absorb. *IF* you missed the muscle the oil is still in your body and will be absorbed unless an abcess is formed IME

vpiedu

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
my first cycle i used 18g and i dreaded every pin! MC, bro get yourself some 25g at least! that shit hurts me just reading you're pining with 20g, no doubt you are a tough SOB. but yeah large pins will lead to scar tissue. theres no doubt you're not afraid of needles so you may or may not its up to you bro but pinning with slin pins leaves minimal to no scar tissue and allows you to have tons of injection sites and also to do spot injections in smaller muscles and from experience they work. good luck my man!

VP

SURGE

Aug 26, 2010
LOL, whatever keeps you happy I guess...
But yeah when you order I would get some 23g 1.5" for glutes and some 1" 25g if you want to pin delts or anywhere else.

Yes a 20g is going to give you a lot of scar tissue really fast!

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT
so...those of you using slin pins......are you drawing the shot in the big mofo, then removing the slin plunger, transferring the juice, replacing the plunger, and then injecting somewhere where you have so little fat that the slin pin is enterng a muscle ( a delt, bicep, or tensed tri, ?_

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Giving my shot this morning (Glute), it just seemed to go WAY to easy...usually it hurts a little as I push...but it was quick and easy today. I began to wonder if I somehow actually missed the muscle...if thats possible (1 inch 20 g pin). If I did, did i just waste my gear?

OUCHHH...20g!!! Thats a roofing nail to me. I would use 23g 1.5" on glutes. If your really lean 1" will work with some. AAS are meant to be injected deep IM.

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
so...those of you using slin pins......are you drawing the shot in the big mofo, then removing the slin plunger, transferring the juice, replacing the plunger, and then injecting somewhere where you have so little fat that the slin pin is enterng a muscle ( a delt, bicep, or tensed tri, ?_

Yes, that is the basic idea of using the slin pin...If you are going to be using glutes, get rid of that 20g because like said it is only going to chew up you skin and create some major scar tissue over time.....

FordFan

Nov 12, 2012
Do yourself a favor and use 23ga on glutes. Like others said either 25ga or slin pin for everything else. I have used slin pins on quads fwiw.

You will thank yourself 5 years from now due to less scar tissue.

vpiedu

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012

exactly, just barely place the stopper of the slin pin back into the barrel after you fill it and then turn the needle end towards 11 oclock, this allows the bubble to travel to the pin so you can expel it before pinning your gear then pin away! i pin bi's, tri's, delts, traps, pecs, lats, abs, quads, and calves. tons of places to pin. give it a shot bro you may just love it.

VP

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
There is a huge difference in sharpness between a new animal pin and a human grade pin . Horses can't yell it hurts . Somewhere online I saw a microscopic pic of a human vs animal pin. Human is like razor sharp ,pet grade is like it's been drug behind a car on the pavement. 25g 1in is all I use and warm up the pin via hairdryer or however before the shot. Virgin glutes will let oil flow smooth unlike a 20 yr vets glute..Save the 18g for your pet hippo.