©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

New Strip Club Laws

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
In texas, their passing 6 foot rules, where the girl has to be 6 feet away, they have to wear permits on their clothing, and in dallas/ft. worth, they have to wear pasties. this article is about san antonio. im just fed up with this crap, i dont go often, but when i do , i have a good time. people cant see through the walls, and if they are appaled by it, move or dont go in. why cant we sensor fat people then, or not let fat people in the gyms??? same stupid shit.

Tough New Strip Club Restrictions Passed
LAST UPDATE: 12/17/2004 3:55:37 PM
Posted By: Jim Forsyth

San Antonio City Council early this morning unanimously passed a tough new law restricting topless clubs, and a lawyer representing the establishments vowed an immediate court fight.

In a vote that came after midnight, council approved the so called 'Human Display Ordinance' which bans nude dancing, bans so called 'lap dancing,' and also requires all strippers to purchase a fifty dollar a year 'dance permit' and wear it somewhere on their bodies while performing.

"My constituents are tired of seeing these clubs drive down their property values," Councilman Chip Haas, who represents the topless club heavy northeast side, told 1200 WOAI news. "They see the flashing neon lights of the clubs from their homes. Fathers have to explain to their sons what goes on there."

The oddest part of the human display ordinance is the portion which requires all topless dancers to wear a city permit on their persons at all times. Haas says since the law outlaws 'all nude' dancing, strippers could affix the permits to their 'g-strings.'

"These clubs cause all sorts of problems," Haas said. "Exchange of sexually transmitted diseases, exchange of dirty needles. And we're talking about an industry which has refused time and time again to regulate themselves."

The law requires that a space of at least three feet be maintained between the dancer and the customer, effectively eliminating so called 'lap dancing.' It also bans 'private rooms,' and requires eqch strip club to get a $375 a year permit, and all club managers get a $100 annual permit. Those permits would also have to be worn inside the club.

Attorney Jim DeeGear, who represents twelve strip clubs and is alreayd fighting the city's previous ordinance in court, vowed to immediately sue to get the new law declared unconstitutional.

"Its easy to pick on these people, because a lot of people say 'well, we don't much care for the way these people earn their living'," Deegear told 1200 WOAI's Bud Little.

Haas said the number of strip clubs on the city's northeast side got 'out of control' because the city was 'late in acting' against them.

San Antonio City Attorney Andy Martin says the new law is based on similar laws in place in other states and he's confident it can withstand a legal challenge.

Get local news delivered directly to your inbox...

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
its for all of san antonio that is doing that. i have not been to zebra, but have been to the palace and all-stars

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
bahh who caress strippers are a waste of money.... there all scammers non are legit..

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
Thats your religious right that brings you that law. Although I lean to the right side, lf left with unbridled power, they can become a royal pain in the ass! Leaning too far to either side f's things up!