©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Contemplating First Cycle

radrmd216

Apr 23, 2013
I’m going to try to make this brief so sorry if it gets a little long.
I just turned 25 years old. I started lifting weights in 06. I followed some programs and had decent success. I’m 5’6” and at my heaviest I was about 165 lbs. I don’t know the bf% but it wasn’t that high. I did want to get a little more cut though. I tried the Palumbo diet. I tried it because it was spelled out pretty well online and this was my first time cutting so I wanted something that was tried and tested. I think I did too much cardio and may have started with my calories a little too low.

After the diet I started taking some harder science courses which messed with consistency. So between a bad diet, classes, and life I lost some muscle. Recently I just tried to cut down until about my abs were showing and then I was going to bulk up. I did get fairly cut, but not to the point of seeing abs though. Bad thing now is that I’m 140 lbs. I probably look heavier, which most likely isn’t that hard to do at 140, but 140 is very light.

This gets me to the main point of the thread which is I was thinking about doing a prohormone cycle but read that testosterone is just much better than any prohormone. I trying to stay objective and consider the reasons and repercussions for getting into steroids, thus why I even created this topic. I would say my reason is that I want to get back to where I was before and possible exceed that. I feel like I’m getting older and I want to start having some muscle again. Another reason, that is probably a pretty stupid one, is that I don’t have a lot of free time due to engineering courses and I was thinking it might be easier to get girls with more muscle.

Being 140 lbs and about 25 lbs away from my peak makes me think maybe a cycle isn’t a good idea. But like I said I feel like I’m getting older and I want to get my muscle and strength back fairly quick. I’m also thinking about a cycle now because I’ll have more free time in the summer than during a semester. I don’t want to have to deal with hormonal changes when I have a bunch of deadlines and assignments. I have been consistent the last several months with eating and getting to the gym so I don't think that will be an issue.

Sorry if this got long. I would appreciate anybody’s thoughts or maybe similar experiences. Thanks.

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Man the girl thing women like muscles its a proven thing lol. As far as losing your focus and concentration if on cycle for me its the opposite my focus and concentration are twice as high on cycle as it is if im off not to mention more energy to get things done....just my two pennies :)

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Man I am pretty liberal when it comes to cycling- if you feel like you really want to do it, then do it.

Just make sure to ask questions and listen to the good advice you're going to get here. Try to read as much as possible but more so than read and follow guidelines, try to learn and understand the principals and physiology behind this game.

vpiedu

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
chicks dig muscles yes and at 25 thats where its at. if you are at school and not looking for a wife then go for it but be smart about it. test only and no more than 500mg /wk and no longer than 12 weeks with a proper PCT and include HCG in there as well. if you want to save your money just eat good food and stop eating anything bad and no drinking. get plenty of sleep and train your ass off like never before!!! intensity is the key, push yourself until you feel like puking! if you are doing this every time you are doing ok. look into 5x5's do some powerlifting. do some shit you have never done before. if you want to stay lean just run and log everything you lift and everything you eat and all sups you are taking everyday. think big, sleep big, train big and eat big but clean and you will get big. its not an easy task but the formula is easy.

VP

radrmd216

Apr 23, 2013
Thanks for the responses guys.

srd1, increased focus would be awesome. I have to do a thesis for my major and I'm starting this summer, so increased concentration would really help.

vpiedu, maybe a year or so after I started lifting in 06 I started reading a lot of stuff online, especially Dave Palumbo and Justin Harris. I read a good bit about steroids and PCT drugs around that time.

I rarely drink so no drinking won't be much of a problem. I'm more of a late night weed smoker. My sleep has always been fucked up so I'm going to really have to work on that. I was going to use test e and I've read some people say that 10 weeks is good because the enanthate ester doesn't clear for about two weeks.

I do madcow 5x5 right now and that is what I plan on doing when I do a cycle. I did Max-OT initially and then DC training. I did DC training when I was much heavier and one time while I was doing a widowmaker set on the leg press I got an exertion headache tat lasted for about two weeks. That definitely taught me how important breathing is.

I downloaded a very comprehensive meal planning spreadsheet and I've been using that for the past several months. I even emailed the guy who made it and asked him to add a price feature (which he did), and now I can see how much each individual meal and each day costs. I shop at Sam's Club and Walmart. Protein sources are sirloin and turkey burgers and chicken. I eat a lot of $1/lb pasta from Walmart for a carb source. I basically only eat a handful of foods in bulk. I don't buy shit so I don't really eat shit. It's much easier when its not in the house.

I'm trying to stay pretty lean, so I will be pretty damn strict and detailed with the diet. Also I think lean looks and feels better, and I think the vast majority of girls do tool (I say girls because they aren't many women in college). My thoughts can always change, but at this point I don't think I will ever want to have a wife. Thinking about it, I would say I really don't even want a girlfriend. At least now while there are college girls running around eager to make mistakes.

I'm a little apprehensive about pinning myself but that will probably change with time. It could be like what a 20 rep squat set or a long calf set became. You learn to enjoy the pain. I may very well start enjoying the needle :)

Last edited:

vpiedu

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
sounds like you are reading quite a bit and thats good but just remember everyone is different and that is what makes logging everything you do so important. you can see what you are doing and what is working and as smart as we like to think we are at times we can not remember everything so keeping a strict log is one of the best things you can do for yourself. if you are doing 5x5's now switch to something else. powerlifting is an excellent way to put on size and serious strength. when you take the body to extremes it responds by producing more testosterone. lifting big and handling heavy weights makes your body respond big time! honestly, if you dont feel like you are going to puke you are not pushing yourself hard enough. i am not bragging but i am well known at my gym because i can not keep a partner because i push the limits almost every day. there are some days when i go light and take it easy but when its time to push myself no one works harder. most guys if they last the whole workout dont come back for another. intensity is the key! short rest periods unless im training for a meet then my approach is a bit different but if im just training to stay strong and lean it is on. now there are guys that are bigger and stronger than i am at my gym but there is no one who works harder. you have to make yourself that guy. not by screaming and slamming shit but by working hard and sweating. and always carry a towel because no one wants to train in your sweat:)

a solid cycle will do great things for you but only if you are doing everything else right. if you are not training, eating, and sleeping right they will be wasted and wont do much for you but waste your money. they are seriously only 20% of the formula at best. keep reading and dont be afraid to tweak programs a bit but most of all be honest with yourself and work hard and keep a complete logbook of everything. good luck.

VP

Last edited:

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
My favorite first cycle to recommend-

Test Enanthate- 500mg (week 1-10)
Dbol- 35mg ed (week 1-4)
Winny- 35mg ed (week 7-10)
Novladex 20mg ed (week 10-14)
HCG 500iu (week 8-12)

This is a complete cycle including all ancillaries and pct. this may look like a lot but it isn't and this is how you do it right.

radrmd216

Apr 23, 2013
Enigmatic, do you think a first cycle with one compound isn't necessary? Dbol might be a good option since it could kick start the cycle and is short acting so I could probably distinguish any sides from that and Test E.

I'd like to hear anybody's thoughts on Test E and Dbol for a first cycle.

Last edited:

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
^ I think that the tried and true test/dbol cycle is a fine idea for a first cycle. You've gotten fantastic advice already, listen to these guys, they know their stuff.
I would add, that personally, I've thrown the 'kick start' in at week 5-8 instead of 1-4 at times so that kick comes in when the long estered test is kicking in. It's a personal preference, but I've found it pretty unique and a different effect than at the very beginning. PLEASE make sure you have your ancillaries on hand BEFORE you start. If you encounter sides, have to start PCT, etc., you're READY then. Don't get caught with your pants down.
vpiedu made a great point about the % that these compounds play. They'll help your body make the most of what YOU TRIGGER in the gym and how you follow up the other 23 hours of the day with rest and food and a clean lifestyle. You must train brutally hard or your body has no need to adapt. Chemicals or not. Good luck!

radrmd216

Apr 23, 2013
Thanks! I probably won't be buying anything for a little while though. I signed up with this site and a couple other sites to ask questions as they arise and get some source checks. I don't expect any source checks any time soon though. I will probably get research chems before I get any anabolics. That order is probably very rare.

vent_noir

Jan 3, 2013
Do it, it was honestly one of the best choices ive made in my life. There's a huge difference between steroid use and abuse.

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
As far as sides from test and dbol, you may run into some bloat, but having the Nolvadex on hand with keep gyno away. If you need to and should have it on hand- get some arimidex and take .5mg ed as needed

radrmd216

Apr 23, 2013
I don't think I'm going to be able to get test or dbol anytime soon. I'm planning on just doing a mechabol cycle this summer.

Austinite

May 10, 2013
Wouldn't it be a good idea to avoid multiple compounds for a first cycle? I think easing into Test only would be a healthier choice. Multiple compounds on a first cycle would make it difficult to identify where side effects are coming from. Secondary compounds are good when introduced in future cycles, once you're used to Test, as it should be your base for all future cycles.

Best of luck to you.

LuKiFeR

AnaSCI VET
Oct 13, 2012
u will get many opinions....

stay away from pro hormones...imo
heres a few great options...
1. Test only-Test cypionate or enanthate-500mgs week-12wks
2. Test(as stated above) + Dbol-30-50mgs ed wks 1-6....12wks total
3.Test(as above)+Deca-300-400mg wk+Dbol(as above)...12 wks total

all 3....common...tried/proven....first cycles

#3 was my first. 30lbs in 10wks. skinny to huge. lol

enda

Apr 28, 2013
if i were you i would do 300mg off test per week and see how your body copes with that, if you eat well and train well you will gain plenty of muscle, but remember you could lose every bit of it after the cycle, and i will tell you why during pct a lot of people get very depressed and lose interest in training and eating, this could go on for months, so think long and hard before you take anything.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I’m going to try to make this brief so sorry if it gets a little long.
I just turned 25 years old. I started lifting weights in 06. I followed some programs and had decent success. I’m 5’6” and at my heaviest I was about 165 lbs. I don’t know the bf% but it wasn’t that high. I did want to get a little more cut though. I tried the Palumbo diet. I tried it because it was spelled out pretty well online and this was my first time cutting so I wanted something that was tried and tested. I think I did too much cardio and may have started with my calories a little too low.

After the diet I started taking some harder science courses which messed with consistency. So between a bad diet, classes, and life I lost some muscle. Recently I just tried to cut down until about my abs were showing and then I was going to bulk up. I did get fairly cut, but not to the point of seeing abs though. Bad thing now is that I’m 140 lbs. I probably look heavier, which most likely isn’t that hard to do at 140, but 140 is very light.

This gets me to the main point of the thread which is I was thinking about doing a prohormone cycle but read that testosterone is just much better than any prohormone. I trying to stay objective and consider the reasons and repercussions for getting into steroids, thus why I even created this topic. I would say my reason is that I want to get back to where I was before and possible exceed that. I feel like I’m getting older and I want to start having some muscle again. Another reason, that is probably a pretty stupid one, is that I don’t have a lot of free time due to engineering courses and I was thinking it might be easier to get girls with more muscle.

Being 140 lbs and about 25 lbs away from my peak makes me think maybe a cycle isn’t a good idea. But like I said I feel like I’m getting older and I want to get my muscle and strength back fairly quick. I’m also thinking about a cycle now because I’ll have more free time in the summer than during a semester. I don’t want to have to deal with hormonal changes when I have a bunch of deadlines and assignments. I have been consistent the last several months with eating and getting to the gym so I don't think that will be an issue.

Sorry if this got long. I would appreciate anybody’s thoughts or maybe similar experiences. Thanks.

Go get some blood work done and see where your natural hormone levels are then address from there.

radrmd216

Apr 23, 2013
Sorry for the very late response guys. My desktop broke and I have been working in a lab a lot recently. This seems like the most engaging board I have joined.

I'm going to be bulking up until mid July and then I'm planning on running a 5 week Mechabol cycle. Prohormones aren't that great but I'm pretty limited in what I can get. Also I haven't spent years drinking like most 20 something people so I think my liver can the harshness of a PH. If I'm going to fuck it up I might as well do it with a compound that will actually produce results.

I'm just going to run the mechabol to get me up a little past what I was a few years ago and then just train hard with a pretty strict diet and see where I'm at next summer.

I would use the good tried and tested stuff like test, but the gov't and majority of citizens are not very informed so getting stuff like test isn't that easy.

Last edited: