©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

McGregor jumps cage at Bellator 187

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Conor McGregor jumps cage at Bellator 187, confronts referee Marc Goddard

UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor made quite the scene at today's Bellator 187 event in his native Dublin.

Several of McGregor's (21-3 MMA, 9-1 UFC) SBG Ireland teammates compete on today's card at 3Arena (it airs via same-day delay tonight on Spike), and after Charlie Ward (4-3 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) scored a knockout victory over John Redmond (7-13 MMA, 0-1 BMMA), "The Notorious" to jump in the cage to celebrate.

McGregor wasn't a licensed cornerman for the event. That became obvious when security swarmed the UFC's former 145-pound and current 155-pound titleholder. What happened after that was even stranger, though. A highly emotional McGregor charged in the direction of referee Marc Goddard, who attempted to break up the champ' embrace with Ward. McGregor's celebration quickly turned to ire as he targeted Goddard.

McGregor was restrained. He screamed and pointed in Goddard's direction while chaos surrounded him inside the cage. Watch it below:

Conor McGregor storms cage and confronts referee | ESPN - YouTube

The recent history between McGregor and Goddard may have played a part in today's melee. McGregor attended UFC Fight Night 118 in Gdansk, Poland, this past month and attempted to serve as an extra cornerman in Artem Lobov's loss to Andre Fili. Goddard was the referee for the fight, and at one point he had to stop the action to order McGregor to return to his seat.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
There’s something really wrong with this guy. He should know better than do stupid stuff like this. He’s so erratic that I can’t tell if it’s substance abuse, mental illness, impulse control issues, or maybe he’s just been drinking too much of his own Kool-Aid and actually thinks he’s above the rules.

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
He thinks the world revolves around him. Hes a narcissist for sure. But when you reach the level of success and celebrity status that he has I suppose its easy to think that way. Just my two cc's though. Just seems like the type of guy I cant be around....AR-15