©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Food prep essentials

montego

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2018
Here are three of my favorite things to make food prep easier.

Shredders to shred up chicken

Ground meat spaluta (I guess it's more of a chopper/stirrer)

Instant pot!
472f54d40715a31f7aa9e931455477ec.jpg
64ffe42c846af5372e15aa75b70e6b0c.jpg

Duluxx

Donating Member
Mar 4, 2018
I need a instant pot in my life. Would definitely come in handy. Do you set it the night before or thru out the day?

Thermo

Donating Member
Feb 11, 2019
East Coast
There you go, I always cook in bulk, leftovers are my best friend. I recently bought a Smoker and I definitely put my food to good use. Smoked Salmon, turkey, chicken, loin...

montego

Feb 19, 2018
I need a instant pot in my life. Would definitely come in handy. Do you set it the night before or thru out the day?
I'll make 3-4 days worth of whatever I'm eating during the week on whatever day I'm able to.

The instant pot has made prep SO much simpler and it's the only thing I use for everything I cook besides eggs in the morning or a shake of course. Chicken, rice, flank, potatoes, boiled eggs, veggies all get cooked it in. Don't have to worry about checking the food just put it in and go about your business. Best bodybuilding purchase I've ever made [emoji16]

montego

Feb 19, 2018
Is the insta pot much like a crock pot but faster?
Kinda.

It's a digital pressure cooker. Like the old school pots with the lid you locked down and had that little stopper that would rattle around.

It's better then any crock pot hands down. Seals in flavor better and takes a fraction of the time.

I cook every single thing I eat in mine. Only things I don't cook in it are fried eggs and oats but, you could cook those in it if you wanted.

You can make it like a frying pan and brown meat or whatever in it.

It's a streamer for veggies to.

It has been the best investment I've made in the world of fitness. Hands down makes prep so much easier.

AGGRO

Oct 25, 2012
The instant pot looks great. I mighh pick one up. It's so much easier cooking in bulk. Tupperware is my pick for food prep essentials.

Smack

Apr 7, 2014
Dont have an instapot but cant go wrong with a $20 crock pot off amazon.

Leaner meats like chicken breast are hard to keep moist though.

Smack

Apr 7, 2014
Anyone recommend a good counter top convection oven/air fryer?

I have a ZENY air fryer that works great. $40 bucks off Amazon... I dont think its listed anymore but its hard to get a bad one if you just look at Amazon reviews - pretty reliable.