©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

*** Are you a responsible pin user? ***

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
I'm hoping every one here disposes of their used pins ,vials , etc appropriately . And appropriately is not tossing solo into ones household trash . Please use a jug . I use old protein jug and fill, tape lid shut and write down hazardess waste. Or buy the red pin containers if u will. Reason In saying this is people at refuge centers sort trash/ recycle on belt deep in trash and when they get stuck they are off the line and maybe off work and who wants a person with an infection caused by someone else ? Sorry I'm bitchen but I worked at a shopping mall. Dam toilets plugged I see so yours truely has to r&r meaning pull toilet and see wth is wrong.well it was some low life iv users slin pin as usual! Thanks for using your brain. Ib

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Good point. No reason to endanger someone else. Can't imagine the fear some of these workers have after getting stuck by some irresponsible user. I have always incinerated all mine and my animals syringes and then burried the pins. I know this is not an option for many, but amazon has needle destroyers and clippers at a reasonable price. The clippers will hold years worth of pins for $15. Small price to pay for the safety of others.

FamBam209

Apr 29, 2013
Cali
Yea thats some bullshit people thatcant take the time to throw the pins away right... I save my protien jugs n toss them in there and fuk yea they hd more than u realize then i superglue the tops seald shut so no one will or can open them without really tryn ...

FordFan

Nov 12, 2012
Never knew what happens to the trash after its hauled off (belt sorting)This is for the safety of others who are not asking for any potential risk.

Cerberus777

AnaSCI VIP
Nov 1, 2012
For those that don't use powder or get them in bags... Liquid laundry detergent jugs work great also.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
You know this really is a good thread. I have been guilty of just letting too many stack up. that's pretty lame on my part for many reasons.
Know what? Saw my 16 mo old grand daughter pulling my dresser drawers out.
That and this thread made me stop think and notice my sloth. Thanks, T

Rory

Banned
Sep 29, 2012
I only use slin needles now. I use a needle destruction device an throw the main section in the trash. Really don't want to keep alot of used needles around for someone to find.

BIG D

AnaSCI VET
Apr 23, 2013
Usually use a milk jug or protein jug and tape the lid shut with duck/masking tape.

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT
I always use used ground coffee containers. Pins get broken so they cant be reused, rubber stoppers pulled off plungers, and entire container sealed with duct tape and the words BIOWASTE in Red marker.

LuKiFeR

AnaSCI VET
Oct 13, 2012
i take plunger out....unscrew needle...put needle inside barrel.. point facing out....then put plunger back in and then the needle goes thru the rubber on the plunger.
then i put all pins in a plastic bag....roll up bag and put inside coffee/protein container.
duct tape lid.and with a Sharpie...i write "Needles" or "Biohazard" on it.

or

i just buy a "sharps" container at Walmart for a cpl bucks

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Lukifers garage unit for his personal pin use . Don't ask about his sister Jan Harris , she's taken .

Sharps Compliance Disposal by Mail System - Medical Waste Recovery System - Painfulpleasures.com - YouTube

Last edited:

gusto

Nov 6, 2012
For around ten bucks, go to a pharmacy or even get them off of the internet. Just get a sharp's container (unscrew the needle and drop it in) and an insulin needle destroyer (which holds 1000+ needles).

Then just toss the useless syringes in the trash or even an empty protein jug and dispose of it in a dumpster far away ;) When your sharp's containers fill up most pharmacies will take them no questions asked!

~ Gusto

Last edited:

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Sorry I'm bitchen but I worked at a shopping mall. Dam toilets plugged I see so yours truely has to r&r meaning pull toilet and see wth is wrong.well it was some low life iv users slin pin as usual! Thanks for using your brain. Ib

Jeeeze... At least they flushed!!!!

GeauxDATY

Jan 24, 2013
I have a few 5lb jugs filled up in my garage. I know better than to throw in garbage but other that just stock piling them up I haven't known what to do. I will be ordering Sharps containers soon and taking to different pharmacies around town...so I don't freak anyone out walking in with 4 sharps containers filled to the top.

Turbo85

May 9, 2013
Texas
That's ironic started this thread I was snooping checking out some forums early this morning 1st one I see, 1st thread said
"Great the trash man knocked over the bin and my pins are strung out in the street again"
I was thinking oh hell no AGAIN you mean you were ignorant enough to do this twice?
I just pray for the children playing in the street near this idiot!