©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Not enough time to train?

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
As life changes and things take precedence over gym time you have to scale training down to fit your needs.

Lets face it, a very small amount of guys here are competing. And even the guys that do spend 99% of there time wearing shirts and pants/shorts when your in public. So with a reduced amount of time to train, why not train to look good in clothing? I'm not saying that's the healthiest thing to do. But lets face it, most of us are lifting for some form of vanity.

So how would we go about this? What does the clothing hang on if it's not on a hanger lol?

It starts on your traps. Then it goes to the shoulders and chest. The pants hang on the back of your gluts with some sweep in the in the front and back of legs.

So you have :
-Traps
-Shoulders
-Chest
-Glut's

Not too involved if you ask me!

What is this going to look like walking in the gym?

-Standing dumbbell shrugs. 4 sets of 12 reps done with a two second hold at the top.
-Seated military presses. 4 sets of 10 to 12 almost failing each set.
-Incline bench presses. 4 sets of 10 to 12 almost failing each set.
-Rack deads. 4 sets of 10 to 12 almost failing each set.
-Standing barbell curls. 4 sets 10 to 12 almost failing each set.

Do this M,W,F. Your in and out of the gym in record time and still looking good. When time allows you can start filling in the areas you think may need work. Hope this helps!

CG

IRONFIST

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Apr 20, 2007
this is a good topic.

most of us arent going to be taking our clothes off for any one other then
our significant others at this point in life.

now i train strictly to get a nice pump in, get the blood flowing and to look good in the outfit im wearing that day.

good routine suggestion concreteguy!

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I'm surprised there aren't more guys in this boat. There's even times when I start to get burned out that I switch over to this for a week or two.

CG

cobraforce

Jul 12, 2013
tennessee
I just started a new work schedule it's third shift I wondering how I'm gonna feel but I believe working out just before work will be good actually

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
I have had some of the best workouts when I was rushed for time. The person just has to be in the mindset to make sure every minute counts in the gym. When they have that mindset they can have a great workout in 30 mins if needed. If they don't have many days then what CG posted and training multiple body parts is the best method.

lycan Venom

Nov 22, 2013
Just saw this and basically what I preach to my clients and friends. Simple and easy and still getting it done in the gym or at home.

AGGRO

Oct 25, 2012
As life changes and things take precedence over gym time you have to scale training down to fit your needs.

Lets face it, a very small amount of guys here are competing. And even the guys that do spend 99% of there time wearing shirts and pants/shorts when your in public. So with a reduced amount of time to train, why not train to look good in clothing? I'm not saying that's the healthiest thing to do. But lets face it, most of us are lifting for some form of vanity.

So how would we go about this? What does the clothing hang on if it's not on a hanger lol?

It starts on your traps. Then it goes to the shoulders and chest. The pants hang on the back of your gluts with some sweep in the in the front and back of legs.

So you have :
-Traps
-Shoulders
-Chest
-Glut's

Not too involved if you ask me!

What is this going to look like walking in the gym?

-Standing dumbbell shrugs. 4 sets of 12 reps done with a two second hold at the top.
-Seated military presses. 4 sets of 10 to 12 almost failing each set.
-Incline bench presses. 4 sets of 10 to 12 almost failing each set.
-Rack deads. 4 sets of 10 to 12 almost failing each set.
-Standing barbell curls. 4 sets 10 to 12 almost failing each set.

Do this M,W,F. Your in and out of the gym in record time and still looking good. When time allows you can start filling in the areas you think may need work. Hope this helps!

CG

Great post. But one thing you can't forget is calves. Even just regular guys who don't compete. Most people wear shorts in the summer so I would be adding them in at the end for all 3 days. Even just 4 sets like everything else. I see so many guys with good upper bodies and tiny calves. They don't even seem to mind and train in shorts but never train their legs.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Good point ! I saw a bunch of gym rats at the beach this year looking all jacked up with noodle legs. They wear these shorts that come to the knee's.You can still see they have no calves. I just laugh and ask my self why?

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
Good point ! I saw a bunch of gym rats at the beach this year looking all jacked up with noodle legs. They wear these shorts that come to the knee's.You can still see they have no calves. I just laugh and ask my self why?
I wear long shorts to cover up my freaky large tree trunk calves. People used to make fun of them. [emoji24]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk