©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

on gear trying to get enuff calories, is weight gainer ok?

hetfield

Sep 9, 2006
hey there, currently on my first cycle of test, eatin like a horse but it is hard as i do work shift works, days and nights, i understand the importance of getting enuff calories, but sometimes i can't find the time to eat as many meals as id like to, is it alright to substitute say more than one meal with a weight gainer? could i use it 3 out of 8 meals in the day?

rock and roll aint noise pollution

P

pincrusher

if you have no other choice you can substitute that many meals for protein shakes. you dont want to rely on them to much but i usually drink 3-4 per day myself even when eatting 5-6 whole food meals.
shakes are great cause you can chug one down almost anytime and they dont take up much space. i love the musclemilk ready to drink protein shakes in the cardboard containers. they come in 11oz or 17oz sizes with the 17oz ones having a screw cap while the smaller one doesnt. best tasting RTD i have ever drank...pin

brendanbreen

Sep 29, 2006
i know muscle milk is a really good one but also costly.... if your going the cheaper route just make sure the carbs in the ones your looking at isnt all just sugar

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
If your a pretty lean guy thats not worried about a little fat
I say add the weightgainer. Best I found was the champion 900
This is the only thing I found that would help me get the scales to tip my way... I work in construction and Burn a TON of calories so I never noticed it making me fat, I think it helped me a lot honestly.

Now days Im getting a bit older and the food sticks a little better then when in my early 20`s... NO weight gainers for me anymore.
I Like Steak and Oatmeal as my main two sources.

hetfield

Sep 9, 2006
merci

thanx for the reply guys, i'm pretty lean so im guessin im gonna start adding the weight gainer , just to insure that im deff gettin round 4000 calories,

rock and roll aint nois pollution

Cryptasm

Mar 3, 2006
hetfield said:
thanx for the reply guys, i'm pretty lean so im guessin im gonna start adding the weight gainer , just to insure that im deff gettin round 4000 calories,

rock and roll aint nois pollution

Don't ferget ta eat yer cottage cheese !!!!

hetfield

Sep 9, 2006
haha

cottage chees + Crypt = true luv always and forever, jk, lol, :D

hahaha, that gave me a good laugh, thanx man, lol

rock and roll aint noise pollution

Shinobi

Oct 17, 2006
I feel much more anabolic when I eat solid food but sometimes weight gainers are a good option.
I only use the Natures Best Protein Shake that comes 53grs of whey and 69grs if maltodextrin and 0,1 fat. I usualy drink 3 per day

P

pincrusher

it is even suggested at times to alternate every other meal as a protein shake and the others as solid foods. some people claim that this will allow you to eat more solid foods throughout the day and get more total meals in so if you start with a solid food meal for breakfast and alternate between the shakes and solids you can eat 4 solid food meals and take 3 shakes per day.
this will allow you to eat cryptasms cottage cheese meal before bed:D

Bench

Oct 19, 2006
alltheywhey.com has a good weight gain shake. Super mass 600. It has quality protein (whey concentrate and whey isolate) and carbs.