©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Rich Piana Gone at 46

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
TMZ report:

Bodybuilding sensation Rich Piana has died ... nearly 3 weeks after going into a coma following a medical emergency at his Florida apartment, TMZ Sports has learned.

We broke the story ... Piana collapsed while getting a haircut on August 7. His girlfriend, Chanel, tried to revive him but was unable to wake him.

Piana was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was placed into a medically induced coma -- but was unable to recover.

The District Six Medical Examiner in Florida confirms Piana passed away early Friday morning at the hospital.

A preliminary search at his apartment revealed more than 20 bottles of steroids and a white powder -- but it's unclear if the substances played a role in his death.

46-year-old Piana competed and won several bodybuilding competitions over the years -- including Mr. California -- and became an Instagram sensation, racking up more than 1 million followers.

R.I.P.

Mini Truck

NPC Judge
Nov 19, 2011
Earth, for now
My heart goes out to his family and loved ones.

They are the ones who need the support.

He chose his path, his lifestyle hurt those who cared about him.
His passing shouldn't surprise anyone.
It was only a matter of "when".

Very sad to see.

-MT

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
That's unfortunate. It's also fortunate that other forms of substance abuse are so prevalent in the bodybuilding community.

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
Man. I missed this. I even tried his 8 hour arm workout once. Didn't make it the whole way but I tried

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Sully

Dec 3, 2012

He was snorting his preworkout? Give me a break. It's one thing to do it once as a gag for a video to get a bunch of views and to raise your profile on YouTube or IG or whatever. But, to try to say that he ALWAYS snorts his preworkout? Let's be serious.

Anytime someone starts talking about drugs and making statements about what they would be doing or what they would be like if they were using drugs, they're using drugs. It's a distraction tactic. They try to use commonly believed misconceptions and stereotypes about drug users and drug use. They then compare their "normal" behavior to those false stereotypes in order to create the illusion that they couldn't possibly be drug users because they don't act like that. It's a commonly used false equivalency argument. And it's also nearly a guarantee that they are actually using whatever they claim to not be using.

And I get it. She wants to protect herself and Rich's memory/legacy from any legal repercussions and any damage that allegations of drug use might cause. It's a natural reaction, and I can't fault her for that. I'm sure she genuinely loved him and even in death she still wants to protect him. She's just going about it the wrong way.

aon1

Dec 10, 2013
dark side of Olympus
He was snorting his preworkout? Give me a break. It's one thing to do it once as a gag for a video to get a bunch of views and to raise your profile on YouTube or IG or whatever. But, to try to say that he ALWAYS snorts his preworkout? Let's be serious.

Anytime someone starts talking about drugs and making statements about what they would be doing or what they would be like if they were using drugs, they're using drugs. It's a distraction tactic. They try to use commonly believed misconceptions and stereotypes about drug users and drug use. They then compare their "normal" behavior to those false stereotypes in order to create the illusion that they couldn't possibly be drug users because they don't act like that. It's a commonly used false equivalency argument. And it's also nearly a guarantee that they are actually using whatever they claim to not be using.

And I get it. She wants to protect herself and Rich's memory/legacy from any legal repercussions and any damage that allegations of drug use might cause. It's a natural reaction, and I can't fault her for that. I'm sure she genuinely loved him and even in death she still wants to protect him. She's just going about it the wrong way.

I did think the video was from good intentions and she is truly hurting .......you can see it but that snorting preworkout shit should have just been left out....she should have said they weren't on Coke and left it alone....I couldn't imagine snorting preworkout once in awhile let alone all the time....it's just not possible the burning and sinus inflammation would be unbearable...

lycan Venom

Nov 22, 2013
Idk about good intentions.. if she really cared she wouldmt be able to control her emotions or tears. She would get choked up. She was faking the b.s. i see a gold digging scandal.

I have a hunch Rich is a victim of foul play and that it involves money, steroids and drugs. She was in on it. She hit the guy in the back of the head or had another dude do it. With my training, experience and education, I would surely investigate further. She fucked up making this video especially if it doesnt match to police report statements. I would be all over this shit for a pay day if I could.

aon1

Dec 10, 2013
dark side of Olympus
Idk about good intentions.. if she really cared she wouldmt be able to control her emotions or tears. She would get choked up. She was faking the b.s. i see a gold digging scandal.

I have a hunch Rich is a victim of foul play and that it involves money, steroids and drugs. She was in on it. She hit the guy in the back of the head or had another dude do it. With my training, experience and education, I would surely investigate further. She fucked up making this video especially if it doesnt match to police report statements. I would be all over this shit for a pay day if I could.

I just hope your wrong ....it's one thing to go out on top living life your way, to be honest living the American dream on your own terms and going out on top with out ever knowing what being washed up feels like is a win in this life in my opinion and I'm sure it was in Rich's opinion also, but to go out dirty because of the greed of others close to him is a whole different thing that I just hope for Rich wasn't the case.