©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

any muscle car owners here?

woody

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 30, 2012
ive had my 97 mustang gt 4.6(yes i know pussy car) for about 8 years now.. ive put close to 10k into it...rebuild tranny and body work... all the mechanic work ive done myself.. i know ive spent more money then the car is worth..but its my pride and joy..ive gotten plenty of offers to buy it... when i telll them my price they give me a look..like "WTF".. i tell them if they want it thats my price...of course they walk off... im curious how many others on here have the same passion.. i want to buy a 1998 Transam ram air(fire hawk) and fix it up. was close to buying one then i heard the engine in person... valves were tapping like crazy so i said no.

woody

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 30, 2012
also 89 mustang 5.0 ground effects i want as well... but they always want too much for it

woody

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 30, 2012
pics

Attachments

• 1998 Ta firehawk.jpg
    1998 Ta firehawk.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 198950.jpg
    198950.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 28

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
I'm in the process of upping my 17 challenger rt. Doin headers and cam. Did CAI, throttle, and air port install for 17+. Got new valve springs and a manifold too.

woody

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 30, 2012
I'm in the process of upping my 17 challenger rt. Doin headers and cam. Did CAI, throttle, and air port install for 17+. Got new valve springs and a manifold too.

when i changed my intake manifold to a pi intake manifold.. i saw a huge difference... car slowly warms up due to the massive air flow cooling engine off... me and my buddy did the convert over a weekend... we had to use alot of high temp gasket sealer to make sure it was sealed...my straight pipes growl much much more due to that..brand new tires chirp too

i lijke the new challengers... i believe they started to outsell mustangs as far as American muscle cars... they have always been 3rd behind comaros.. but i read they just now outsold mustangs

Last edited:

woody

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 30, 2012
Growing up I had a few mustangs 5.0.

i love the new 5.0 mustangs and how they sound..but on the mustang forums im reading.... people are having alot of issues with valves/lifters tapping/ticking and only being a year or two old. all my mechanics say go with GM as far as motors, they will last forever... i was never a fan of Comaros...but they are easy to work on and put more HP compared to Fords. I like old school Trans-Ams though...beautiful cars

Last edited: