©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Posting some pics to keep up on my progress

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
Nice work! That takes a lot of dedication and a lot of hours. Not everybody has the drive.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Great work JM... Keep it up and learn to love the kitchen. Maybe there are some things to make your cooking more efficient, what take up the most time?

What I do is cook all of my chicken on the grill for easy clean up (I get out a big baking sheet covered in tin foil and spray the foil with non-stick spray. I then lay down some seasonings and weight the chicken and toss them on the tray. Once I have enough I spray the top of the chicken and season that side. Now they are ready to grill and they always taste good)

I also do ground beef in a big pot and then drain it so I have beef crumbles. With the fat drained they are incredibly lean and work great for tossing in with rice, eggs or on a salad.

For beef or turkey burgers I take a few pounds at a time and mix in seasonings then toss them on the grill. I make each batch differently so I don't get bored.

If you set aside some time you can get all of your proteins cooked in about 45 minutes. Not bad at all.

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
Looking good brother! And I would have never guessed you was 42 by looking at those pics! Great work!

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Great work JM... Keep it up and learn to love the kitchen. Maybe there are some things to make your cooking more efficient, what take up the most time?

What I do is cook all of my chicken on the grill for easy clean up (I get out a big baking sheet covered in tin foil and spray the foil with non-stick spray. I then lay down some seasonings and weight the chicken and toss them on the tray. Once I have enough I spray the top of the chicken and season that side. Now they are ready to grill and they always taste good)

I also do ground beef in a big pot and then drain it so I have beef crumbles. With the fat drained they are incredibly lean and work great for tossing in with rice, eggs or on a salad.

For beef or turkey burgers I take a few pounds at a time and mix in seasonings then toss them on the grill. I make each batch differently so I don't get bored.

If you set aside some time you can get all of your proteins cooked in about 45 minutes. Not bad at all.

This is what i do. On the weekends i prepare all of my food for the work week.

I bbq off 3 savings packs of boneless skinless chicken breast seasoned with kicken chicken for flavor and them separate them out 6oz each meal.
I boil of a big bowl of rice. Then i cook off 5 250gram sweet potaoes.
I then make up 5 salads for the work week. So now i have 3 meals to get me through the day at work. I make breakfast in the morning before work. I make y dinner when i get home and have a cassien shake before bed.

Here is what my meal plan looks like during the work week

Meal 1 430-5 am 8 Egg White + 1Yolk 36 1 6 82
Ezekiel Muffin 8 30 0 160
16oz orange juice 4 54 0 220

Meal 2 8 am 8 Egg White+ 1Yolk 36 0 2 82
2 1/2 Pieces Ezekiel Bread 10 40 1 180
Vegetable 1 CUP Vegetable 0 0 0 0
1/8 cup almonds 0 10 0 130

Meal 3 11am 6 OZ Chicken Breast 42 0 10 246
Carbohydrate Half CUP Brown Rice 2 23 0 110
Vegetable 1 CUP Vegtable Big bowl leafy greens 0 0 0 0

Meal 4 2Pm 6 OZ Chicken Breast 42 0 10 246
1 CUP Sweet Potatoe 4 40 1 130

Meal 5 5Pm 6 OZ Chicken Breast 42 0 10 246
OZ 0
1/8 cup almonds 0 10 0 130

Meal 6 8 Pm Muscle Milk 25 12 9 230
OZ
Vegetable 1 CUP Vegtable 0 0 0 0

Total Protein 215, Carbs 207, Fat 81 Calories 2417

On the weekends i change it a little cause i have more time :)

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Solid... Do you do any intra workout drink? I found a solid pre-intra-post w/o protocol has been a huge benefit in recovery and maintaining or even adding muscle while losing bodyfat.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I do not.... What do you recommend?

Well in order to make it work for your goals (assuming like recomp /fat loss) we need to look at when you train, the style of training, level of intensity (balls out kill yourself with drop sets, statics, negatives... Etc or not quite that much), frequency, how you are currently recovering, rate you've been losing fat, how strength is progressing and tolerance for calories during training.

The more info the better.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Well in order to make it work for your goals (assuming like recomp /fat loss) we need to look at when you train, the style of training, level of intensity (balls out kill yourself with drop sets, statics, negatives... Etc or not quite that much), frequency, how you are currently recovering, rate you've been losing fat, how strength is progressing and tolerance for calories during training.

The more info the better.

Gotcha... I try to not leave a rock unturned when i train so to speak. I eat breakfast in the am and then wait 1 hr before hitting the weights. When i get to the gym i train 2 muscle groups per day and hit 15-18 sets each muscle group in 45-60 minutes. The second exercise is always a set that compliments the first exercise for instance if i am doing bench press compliment that with finishing my tricepts with skull crushers. Today hammer strength bench 5 sets of 10-12 reps with skull crushers after each set. 2 minute rest and then after it again. Then incline bench with tricept push downs 5 sets each. Free weight flys with another tricept exercise. After i am done with the weight and i am nice and swole i walk on the tread for 30 minutes keeping my HR below 130. My goal is to add some more size with keeping fat gain down to a minimum. I know this takes longer but i do not like the idea of putting on a bunch of fat to just have to diet it back off. I am ok with it taking longer as well.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Gotcha... I try to not leave a rock unturned when i train so to speak. I eat breakfast in the am and then wait 1 hr before hitting the weights. When i get to the gym i train 2 muscle groups per day and hit 15-18 sets each muscle group in 45-60 minutes. The second exercise is always a set that compliments the first exercise for instance if i am doing bench press compliment that with finishing my tricepts with skull crushers. Today hammer strength bench 5 sets of 10-12 reps with skull crushers after each set. 2 minute rest and then after it again. Then incline bench with tricept push downs 5 sets each. Free weight flys with another tricept exercise. After i am done with the weight and i am nice and swole i walk on the tread for 30 minutes keeping my HR below 130. My goal is to add some more size with keeping fat gain down to a minimum. I know this takes longer but i do not like the idea of putting on a bunch of fat to just have to diet it back off. I am ok with it taking longer as well.

OK, I'd like to hea what others have to say on this, but here is how I would approach it personally...

Since you are doing LISS cardio post w/o to stave off fat, adding in carbs before that would be a poor idea. Then you'll be using those carbs for energy versus using fat stores (glycogen should be pretty depleted from training.

This leaves us looking at amino acids and complete proteins to stimulate protein synthesis and facilitate recovery. Many people use BCAAs intra-workout, and although BCAAs (and particularly leucine) stimulate muscle protein synthesis (MPS) through the mtor pathway, it has been shown that when all of the essential amino acids are present protein synthesis remains elevated for a prolonged period of time and when even the non-EAAs are included (e.g a complete protein) MPS is elevated for an even longer period of time.

With this is mind, you need to look at what strategy seems to make the mos sense for you... So if you include BCAAs plus EAAs you'll have sustained MPS while training, however you can use just BCAAs and add extra leucine. Then post-weight training, in either scenario, have some additional BCAAs and EAAs.

In both types of drinks, I would add 10g glutamine. Glutamine actually facilitates glycogen resynthesis without the presence of carbs... (because this seems whack, here is a reference: Stimulatory effect of glutamine on glycogen acc... [Am J Physiol. 1995] - PubMed - NCBI) lol.

Post cardio I would consume a 30g of a hydrolyzed protein (either whey hydro or pepto-pro).

Now, lets get to the question on it haha...

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
I get what you are saying here but don't you think i need the carbs in the morning after going 8 hrs with no food to break the fast?

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I get what you are saying here but don't you think i need the carbs in the morning after going 8 hrs with no food to break the fast?

No, carbs are not essential. You will halt catabolism by consuming a leucine rich protein source. BCAAs and EAAs with extra leucine will have a protein soaring effect and spark protein synthesis. When training you will burn off stored glycogen and tap into fat stores while your body uses the amino acids for repair and recovery. Essentially you are getting two processes working at once. Stored glycogen and fat is being used for energy while the drink is repairing muscle tissue.

You can add carbs but then that will negate the effects of the cardio. It's a fine line, you have to decide which side you want to be on. Greater fat loss potential with no carbs but less overall growth (likely without carbs) or add carbs and have less potential for fat loss

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
That's a tough call cause I still feel like I need to grow. I just don't want to put on any extra fat along the way. That's why I choose to do the cardio after I weight train. If I get leaner I will be almost to light

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
That's a tough call cause I still feel like I need to grow. I just don't want to put on any extra fat along the way. That's why I choose to do the cardio after I weight train. If I get leaner I will be almost to light

Well you said you currently weren't doing anything intra, so why not start with a BCAA/EAA mix? See how that works out for you then add in carbs as needed?

You are not going to go catabolic as long as you are consuming amino acids, so keep that in mind. Muscle repair is happening, but carbohydrates further enhance recovery.