©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

foreclosure

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Has any one ever gotten a forcloser letter before?

Got one today - I finally called them - big mistake - they said my only chance to save house is give them $10 G
Or $700 over my payments- but I would have to apply for it and the guy didn't think I could
I can't loose my house - I can't

What are the options out there?
I had already done a remod a few years back
I am trying to plan before every thing goes threw

Zaven

May 18, 2005
You don't have many real options if you owe too much and your finances won't allow you to pay a good portion to make the bank happy.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
From my experience seeing this with others, you would have to be behind quite a few months before getting the foreclosure letter.

As Zaven said, you do not have many options at this point aside from getting at least 2-3 months of your mortgage paid pretty quickly.

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
I was doing good till I hurt my self in December
I am finally getting money in now but don't have enough yer to please them

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Have you consulted with a lawyer, yet? I don't know if there's anything they can do, but it can't hurt to check.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
I was doing good till I hurt my self in December
I am finally getting money in now but don't have enough yer to please them

Most foreclosures I have seen usually were longer then 4 months of non-payment? Obviously depends on the mortgage broker.

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
I am going to try to send a payment in tomorrow morning and see if it goes threw.
This has worked in the past for me. I will be 4 months on the 16th af April.
The difference before is that I didn't call them.
I have only talked to a desk jockey today - I hhaven't talked to the boss yet. I will call a lawyer tomorrow also.
People have told me before to keep paying.
I am scared

xchewbaccax777

Aug 13, 2013
I am going to try to send a payment in tomorrow morning and see if it goes threw.
This has worked in the past for me. I will be 4 months on the 16th af April.
The difference before is that I didn't call them.
I have only talked to a desk jockey today - I hhaven't talked to the boss yet. I will call a lawyer tomorrow also.
People have told me before to keep paying.
I am scared
You could sell the house and keep your credit in tact, then save up a down payment and buy another...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

lycan Venom

Nov 22, 2013
I have an education and certification in legal studies. I woukd suggest speaking to a bankruptcy attorney as he can manipulate the system and work something out where you can repay them on better terms. Ive helped a few people myself save their homes, but i am only a paralegal and can not offer legal advice and only file the petitions for my clients.. however, i really really suggest you look into it.

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Forbearance?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

To late for that
It is already in forcloser
I have 2 choices-
pay them 4 payments and there lawyer fee
Apply to pay owed payments over 12 months but I have to show I can pay that
I am going to take my tax money if I get enough and money from customers that owe me if they ever pay and hopefully be enough to get me cought up
I was cought up in December then ripped my bicep And wasn't able to catch up with bills.
Once back on juice and feeling good I have been doing good with work
BUT
If I had paid before April 1st I would have been all set
My taxes should do it
I pray
Have 3 little ones -youngest just turned 2 - I can't believe I failed on them.
How do I tell my wife?
Fucking nuts
I never gambled
Never smoked
Never did drugs
Haven't drank in 12 years
My problem I give my work away
I don't know how to price my jobs - to big of a heart
U just don't ever want to be an ass hole

Phoenixk2

AnaSCI VET
Dec 2, 2013
So you were all good on payments until December and now you get a foreclosure letter. I know people that lived in a home or condo for years while in preforeclosure and then finally losing the house. They paid all of their bills except for the mortgage and banked a lot of cash.

lycan Venom

Nov 22, 2013
Squatster, if you file a bankruptcy it will stop the foreclosure for 180 days! You domt need to follow through with the bankruptcy if you do not want to. The 180 days can get you enough time to find jobs, collect and hopefully get the funds from customers and raise enough with taxes. Either fill out the petition yourself, pay an attorney over 1k or find a bankruptcy petition preparer whic can charge no more than $120 max.

Seriously bro, its like a smart person who is late on rent for a month or two and is about to be served for an eviction. Tenants have a lot of rights in California and can manipulate the system to make it to codtly for owners to file an eviction and follow through with it. You may not be in Cali but a bankruptcy is the same except for the means test but thats all technical and easy for you to figure out.

Have any questions pm me and we can email, ill walk you through it if you need help doing it yourself.

You will be buying yourself time. *disclaimer: i am not an attorney (only a paralegal and pre law student), am not giving legal advice and only providing self help information you need to research on*

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Not much of anything I can do to help, but I hope you get it sorted out, bro. Hate to see anyone with kids in that kind of a jam.

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
I may be getting very lucky
I had the option on doing taxes to -
show I make enough to pay a big mortgage but I may have to pay in
OR
To get a lot of money back
I am getting enough back from taxes to pay for every thing I owe and 1 month
I have a freind that said he will let me borrow the money till the taxes come in
Hopefully that works
I lost 9 lbs this week from stress
I still haven't talked to my wife- how do I do that one

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
I charge to little to help people out
I am going to try getting some one to do the pricing this year and see if that works better - the people may finally have respect for me
Don't know what it will do about them paying me on time

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
Thank you so much guys
I needed to talk it all out
This helped so much
As you can tell I put it all out there
Mabie I shouldn't but I am who I am - to bad being good and honest is bad to many people

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Bro, you have got to sit down and talk to the wife about this. They do not appreciate the whole "I didn't know how to talk to you about it" thing. She's in it the same as you are, and the consequences are just as dire for her. It's the right thing to do.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
You need to sit your wife down ASAP and just tell her what you told us...plain and simple.

What do you do for a living? Are you a GC...if so, residential, commercial or both?

Also, be careful with your taxes. You don't want to do anything that will trigger an audit now or in the future.

I was going to say borrow the money from family or friends if needed...just keep in mind that borrowing money in that fashion can ruin relationships.

Best of luck with all of this!

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
I charge to little to help people out
I am going to try getting some one to do the pricing this year and see if that works better - the people may finally have respect for me
Don't know what it will do about them paying me on time

What business are you in? There's always a way to compel payment. At the very least you can take out a lien on their home.

If you own your own business, the pricing is on you. You have to be the one that makes sure you're charging enough money so that your bills get paid and your loved ones are taken care of. You can't rely on anyone else to do that for you, because they don't have anything invested in your business. It doesn't make any difference to them if you go out of business. You have to look out for yourself first.

When it comes to pricing, you have to let your skill and work be the deciding factor as to whether or not people hire you. If you rely on price to get the job, you'll always lose in the end. I know guys in multiple industries that do half as much work as most other people in their area, but make 50% more money than everyone else. You have to sell yourself, not your price. You're running a business, not a charity. If people can't afford your services that's their problem, not yours. Doing them favors won't pay your bills, it'll only put you in the situation you're in now.