©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Smoked food

Decipher

Oct 16, 2015
I was thinking we need to start a forum for smoking meat. One of my greatest loves is smoked food. Tonight I did pork ribs. I soaked two racks in brown sugar and root beer for 2 hours before lighting the pit getting it good and hot and then I added sassafras chips to the coal and the ribs. They turned out pretty good. But I'm not one for eating the same flavor all the time. I do love my sassafras with pork and alder wooky with fish.

What's y'all take on brings, rubs, and other bbq ideas for smoked food.

I have to ask is 2hrs long enough to get that flavor! I only ask as I have always did mine longer sometimes 24hrs. Wit that said if I can get away with doin it for only 2hrs it makes life easier

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
Depends on your temp. The lower the temp the longer for sure. Personally I love to cold smoke things. I have a cold smoker
I can smoke raw food and then freeze it

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
I used bread dough, but I think pizza would work very well. Philly cheese and chicken cordon bleu are what I made there. Fancy way to make any sandwich really. I think my next one will be chicken, fat free mazza, and cranberries then dip it a bacon vinaigrette. Walmart has a great one, Sam's Choice I believe. Fajita would be good as well

chaotichealth

AnaSCI VET
May 19, 2014
Tonight I cooked the deer sasage and wild duck. I smoked it with Applewood. My first time using it. I think it come out great.