©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Hawk's meet results 12/5/15

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Hawk,
I lifted heavy everyday. The biggest reason for the tear was of my own ignorance. I allowed my body to out grow everything underneath the muscle. I always spend 15 minutes before every workout with a broom handle stretching rotator and shoulders.
I actually have many records in mainly bench press and squat. I was never much of a dead lifter. I to bench with a flat back. That is primarily because that's how many of us were taught growing up. I made up for it with my massive triceps.
5 time world champion in 5 weight classes Ron Palmer told me that I had the strongest tris he had ever seen. To me that was quite a compliment, so I used that and continued on doing flat back. These days I am 44 years old and I use heat patches for 1 hour on each shoulder before heavy work out. It makes a huge difference.
If you have any more questions I would love to help!

Bear

First, thanks for the advice. That is something simple I can do to aid me and I like simple. Truthfully, I lack external rotation so squatting hurts me more than benching. I think building my tri's would help as well which I have already written into my plan.

I am also glad to hear I am not the only one who stretches before he benches. If I don't I can get the right ROM.

Bear, whatndo you do for rotator and upper back work?

Hawk

Jan 26, 2015
midwest
Hawk,
I do alot of resistance training on the cable machine for rotator. Mainly doing lateral raises front, side and lateral pull downs.
For upper back and shoulders I do heavy shrugs, dumbell shoulder presses, seated rows up high, individual dumbell pulls, frontal lat pull downs, reverse cable crossovers high, I also do my own exercise where I will use inverted leg sled and 45 degree shoulder presses

Bear

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Hawk,
I do alot of resistance training on the cable machine for rotator. Mainly doing lateral raises front, side and lateral pull downs.
For upper back and shoulders I do heavy shrugs, dumbell shoulder presses, seated rows up high, individual dumbell pulls, frontal lat pull downs, reverse cable crossovers high, I also do my own exercise where I will use inverted leg sled and 45 degree shoulder presses

Bear

Thanks boss! I have incorporated some of the exercises as well as others into a two month mobility routine. Actually its the Neanderthal No More Routine by Eric Cressey over at T Nation.

Hawk

slide

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 26, 2012
A little late, but great job hawk...yeah, not too shabby for a guy in his 40's...impressive to say the least.

-s

dozisthebeast

Dec 13, 2014
south west
I love your comment about gym lifts being so different from competition lifts, I've never done a comp personally, but have trained with powerlifters off and on for a long time, and they taught me all about form, how to make a real lift. Someday I'd really like to do a meet, not that I have any intentions of winning one lol, just have wanted to for years, but for one reason or another never made it happen. Congrats on your lifts brother!

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
I love your comment about gym lifts being so different from competition lifts, I've never done a comp personally, but have trained with powerlifters off and on for a long time, and they taught me all about form, how to make a real lift. Someday I'd really like to do a meet, not that I have any intentions of winning one lol, just have wanted to for years, but for one reason or another never made it happen. Congrats on your lifts brother!

Thanks man I appreciate it. You should do one sometime, good people, good experience and when your old and gray you can brag on it to your gran kids lol.

Hawk