©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Bored during the Apocalypse? Take classes at MIT...

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Seriously, not a joke.

https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/find-by-topic/#

MIT puts the class content for every single one of their classes online, for free. You won’t get college credit for them, obviously. And the text book isn’t included. But, all the class lectures are video recorded and put up, all the class notes, quizzes and tests, the syllabus, etc.

So, if you’re stuck at home waiting for the end of the world and you feel like learning a little bit about a certain subject, why not take a free class from MIT to pass the time?

Stay strong, and get smart.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
What an excellent tip! Great way to pass some time and get something solid out of it, and from MIT!!

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think I could do courses with zero credits. I get the self improvement angle. For me the credits are the motivation. Just sayin.........call me Shallow Hal. LOL

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think I could do courses with zero credits. I get the self improvement angle. For me the credits are the motivation. Just sayin.........call me Shallow Hal. LOL

I can understand that. At the same time, they have plenty of business classes that could be really helpful to anyone that owns their own small business. That would offer plenty of motivation for me. I’m definitely not going to spend my time learning about quantum chemistry for fun, though.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I can understand that. At the same time, they have plenty of business classes that could be really helpful to anyone that owns their own small business. That would offer plenty of motivation for me. I’m definitely not going to spend my time learning about quantum chemistry for fun, though.

Both valid points but I agree if you can learn something that will better your life or business it would be worth it to me. Your still getting something valuable out of it, credits or not.

Barn1234

May 11, 2020
Birmingham
I've been auditing some classes here in the UK and listening to webinars too, helping with the PhD but also to prevent me not going insane!!